There is a new discord server for discussion of arthouse and experimental cinema, please join in you are interested

There is a new discord server for discussion of arthouse and experimental cinema, please join in you are interested.

discord.gg/fBmRwNK

We also have a filmclub, this week's movie is Al Primo Soffio di Vento by Franco Piavoli, drop by if you'd like to discuss it with us, or if you'd like to suggest a film for the upcoming week!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IgfP2LnUxu8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>please join in you are interested

Are you using the Jedi mind trick on me?

m-maybe

>"Bela Tarr takes pictures of his meals and posts them on his private Instagram like a 14 year old Korean girl"
- Apichatpong Weerasethakul

why did i get kicked the second i joined without even having said anything?

No shitposters allowed.

I'm no shitposter

come back to LWcord fool

bump

no u

.........penbins

you didn't

I really appreciate what you are doing.

Please keep at it.

T-thanks.

Why do cinephiles hate Flaherty?

Why do cinephiles deny their medium is representational not distinctly formative

Why do cinephiles think narration is anything but overexplanation and artifice

Why do cinephiles find Griffith more boring than unedited scenes from Bela Tarr or James Benning

Learn the differences

>experimental
OOh boy!

Film is a vulgar medium

>I'm a film geek!
No, you're a twat!

Movies are entertainment, not art.

This.

post more

Stick to farthouse

If I join will I get closer to Karagara?

I'll give you a farthouse

Every member receives a complimentary KG invite.

>?
redditors aren't welcome

Movies could be considered entertainment I guess, cinema and higher, and it isn't so much entertainment anymore, but life affirming art. Not that you would appreciate it.

yay free yify rips is upscaled 240p

>life affirming art
BrrrrrrrrrrrrAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Kill yourself, troll!

Kill yourself

hey i read that griffith book too

>he's not on kg
gibe inv, its ya boi nap

shid wrong pic

>when you try to show off that you're on KG but your download history is full of entry level shit that's on public trackers anyway
nice

i'm still on kg though
in your face!

Is this kino?

Ooops forgot the link
youtu.be/IgfP2LnUxu8

yeah but so am I

But unlike you I don't use it to download pleb shit :^)

what a horrible thing to say
I forgive you though :)

kiss my ass, slave

i read it three years ago, long before you found out about this place, megaautist

Pauline Kael was an idiot and should be read with great skepticism. She was an inelegant writer who placed more value on gut-feelings than on thought, and stubbornly refused to re-evaluate anything. She was a middling writer and an idiot who appeals to people who admire strong personalities more than critical thinkers. You have to take her for what she is- a reviewer for the masses, not a critic for the cinephiles. She was bullheaded, close-minded, played favorites, and lost almost all relevance in the late seventies. And if she had a clue about a film's formal considerations, she never let you know about it. I respect that Kael's admired for her passion, but passion without intellect is worthless. She was a whirling dervish of irrationalism that contributed little to understanding cinema, as opposed to maniacally, sometimes entertainingly, misinterpreting it with unfocused zest. In other words, your typical Sup Forums poster.

pingis pongis

but user! Griffith isn't even mentioned in that source! you're talking out of your ass when you should be kissing mine

sexy
criterionfaggots aren't welcome

Your first mistake was existing, /film/. Your second mistake was thinking you know more than me. I'm here to correct both of those mistakes. No matter how much time it takes, from now until the end of time, I'll be here to prove you wrong and destroy you. Give up, /film/, you can't win. I will always outmatch you physically, mentally, genetically and sexually. I never tire, I choose to sleep. I never hunger, I choose to eat. I can prove anything. I choose not to. Now get off my board and go back to plebbit. This is your warning.

sexy

When you have taste, you don't have to revisit anything.

Especially when the creator made over 500 works

We do not want to be told why to feel or made to feel, we want to be shown why to feel