Jesus Christ what a retarded movie

Jesus Christ what a retarded movie.

What the fuck was Besson thinking?

Why didn't he just adapt one of the original stories instead of mixing some of them together to produce this crapfest?

Also, wordt miscasts of the year.

If the plot had been more direct and the pacing more straightforward with better creature design it wouldn't have been half bad. The whole act of Cara getting kidnapped was completely unnecessary and added zero to the plot and hardly anything to the character development.

Yeah, it was a sequence from one of the comics but in the context of the story it made absolutley zero sense.

Also, huge plotholes and inconsitencies.

>plot holes and inconsistencies
I'd like to hear them.

"We really need that pearl you found. It's the only one that's left".

Says it while wearing a pearl headpiece and carrying a staff with a fuckhuge pearl on top.

"Hey, he crashed in the radioactive zone. It's deadly and impenetrable. Fortunatley it's right next to Paradise Alley all of a sudden".

It's like they filmed a couple of unrelated movies and just spliced them together.

I think the beginning showed pretty clearly the different types of pearls.
Inconsistency, sure. It was a seedy area with illegal entertainment in a restricted area. I liked the whole banquet section but the paradise alley was pretty shit.

>expecting a fun science fantasy to be the next Citizen Kane

fucking kill your collective selves, Cara is a fox.

It has some issues with the plot and pacing but I enjoyed it

literally had her parents pay for this role which ruined the movie

I liked it.

I didn't get why they had a swat team tho.

Just send killer robots. There were plenty.

Cara was surprisingly cute in it

She was fine. The guy was way worse.

What? Nepotism in Hollywood?!?!

S H O C K E R

Just like the new Blade Runner... great visuals, but horrible plot/storytelling.

>this triggers Sup Forums

Cavegirl with attitude problem
>Cute

How do I know youre a virgin?

her teeth are disgusting

I have enough money to get them fixed.

If you mean the color it's not necessarily better/healthier to use enough chemicals in your mouth that your teeth glow white in the dark

That's why I said 'surprisingly'. I don't usually find her cute. There's no need to project there

>le evil anglo while male supremacist
>le good blue savages
gosh what other big fantasy lefty bullshit does that remind me of...

the most annoying part of these threads are people saying it's beautiful or has good visuals. it is a visually cluttered mess with often lamentable CGI, not only that, the movie is a disaster in general

It had a 10/10 intro though.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

This movie is the definition of casting the wrong people.

Dane Dehaan's pretend to badass voice made the movie so hard to watch

>6 million
>a less evolved species suffers under the war perpertuated by the partiarchy
>black pharao

God, Please how have you allowed such black+jew-washing?

that's literally the only reason I didn't turn the film off after 20 seconds. I expected that beauty again but I was severely disappointed.

>the savages learn math and physics and philosophy n sheet and become more intelligent/advanced than everyone
>Without any prior knowledge of anything really
???

>Minorities

the soap?

The term "washing" is used when you change the race of a previously established character or a historical figure. Writing an original story involving certain races is not "washing". Learn your terms faggolito.

what's soap?

thread is dead bro let it die

so how old are these people supposed to be?

valerian and lauraline are special government agents with years of experience but they look like they are 15