Why didnt this win more awards?

why didnt this win more awards?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=D83kRatSyQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=6cedWvuxwbc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because looking back it wasn't anything special. It just arrived at the time where "le 80s neo(n)-noir"-genre wasn't oversaturated yet.

Looks like a Grand Theft Auto poster.
It's oversaturated now? I really don't know, haven't paid much attention to those kind of movies or even seen Drive yet but I like neo-noir.

Was this movie who started the retrowave thing?

It was too slow moving. So many boring shots of them just looking at each other doing nothing.
Plus that kind of movie has been done many times - the action movie about one man taking down the mob except no wait it's realistic this time. e.g. A History of Violence.

Because a jew was the bad guy in it.

>It was too slow moving. So many boring shots of them just looking at each other doing nothing.
That's the whole style of the movie, being slow to makes you feel conected to the moment.

>Plus that kind of movie has been done many times
I agree, but what movie hasn't been done many times now? It's very difficult to see a movie completely original now.

because Reddit doesn't host any award ceremonies?

being slow in the 2000s makes people look at their smartphones instead of watching the movie

Yeah I know that but I don't care. I know what I like and don't care what other people like. Also we are in the 2010s my friend.

Because it has chickflick cuck Gosling in it.

>Also we are in the 2010s my friend.
You might be, but I'm not.

No strong woman lead or race-bait.

eh, it had some good shots, but overall nothing special

>expected a movie about dirivng heists or other criminal activiies with autism
get autism with barely any driving instead
i mean i`m not complaining but the title is very misleading and so was the intro of the movie
i expected a something like transporter but much better

Refn won best director at cannes.

Was he a psycopath then?

How he was so violent and how could him be so skilled killing professional assasins, whe don't know much about him.

We know he is a stunt driver, he drives for movies, nothing more. And that he participates in robberies too, as a driver. So because of this, is implied that he is a dangerous theft?

Reminder that Under Your Spell is the best song in the film and Kid Cudi only made it better.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=D83kRatSyQ0

yes

nice engrish

the biggest mystery to me about this movie is how can autist losers project themselves into this char who is handsome, stylish, extremely skilled and proficient. Don't they see that when ryan gosling is being reticent & blank-faced its mysterious & sexy, but when some basement dweller does it, its red flag for psychosis?

He was a guy that couldn't separate the reality of movies with real life. He was basically going about thinking he was just in another action movie because he's in a sense completely separated from the world. It's not until he meets Mulligan's character that he begins to change and become a real human being, and a real hero.

fuck off fag, nothing beats...
-REAAAAL HUMAN BEAAN

youtube.com/watch?v=6cedWvuxwbc
Human BeaN lIVE

This movie is an example of well use of music to make you FEEL.

Yeah, this is my favorite theory. His facade even breaks near the end of the film when Bryan Cranston's character tells Driver that Mulligan's character is in peril, and Driver freaks the fuck out realizing he's way in over his head

Interesting view, it's something personal or did you read it in some place?

>he's way in over his head
wtf is that garbage? He can't ever sing

women can't into it

No Cudi can definitely sing, listen to some of his other stuff if you don't believe me. Honestly it was just nice to see the song be used by someone a bit more well known.

It's a race-mixing, single-mother tricking a lonely autist into risking his life for her.

I think women understand manipulation.

its in every refn interview about the movie

A E S T H E T I C

>It's oversaturated now? I really don't know, haven't paid much attention to those kind of movies
that style of design and sound is everywhere though, not just in movies