Yasuke

Are you read for this true historical film?

>it's an African in Japan
I am ready. Sorta.

frankly the story of yasuke is an interesting one so yeah I'd actually like to see a good film about it

they've already done black samurai stuff? Just not proposed as realistic

He actually existed at least. So long as he doesn't end up Shogun or something.

It’s complete fiction. I won’t mind this unless they start it with “based on the true story.”

I know Yasuke was a real guy but was it confirmed he actually went into battles? From what I heard, he was just some dude that went into Japan with the jesuits whom Nobunaga took a liking on. He was supposedly strong but it doesn't mean he actually fought against anyone.

I'm sure the movie will be shit, in a historical standpoint.

IIRC he was part of Nobunaga's forces during the battle of Sekigahara.

>Interesting
Wut? dude was a slave, he couldn't even speak Japanese, he then got adopted by Nobunaga because of how weird he was, then got kept as a pet, he still couldn't speak for shit. His movie would be boring as fuck, main character never speaking makes for a boring movie or eveybody speaking gibbeerish without main char (and therefore viewers) understanding shit makes for a boring movie

Nips were and are retarded sentimental fatalists so it doesn't sound far-fetched to the least.

Does he rap?

From what I understand he did fight. The last battle he was in he lost, but instead of forcing them all to commit seppuku the commander let them leave with their honor intact or some shit.

>It is likely that Yasuke could speak considerable Japanese, perhaps due to Valignano's efforts to ensure his missionaries adapted to the local culture better, because Nobunaga enjoyed talking with him (there is no indication that Nobunaga spoke Portuguese and it is unlikely that Yasuke would have been able to communicate in classical Chinese, the orientallingua francaof the time). He seems to have become a close retainer, and was perhaps the only non-Japanese 'warrior' that Nobunaga had in his retinue, which could account for his rapid rise in favour and status.

Is it going to be as epic as Last Samurai?

It's going to be a copy paste of last samurai

>*Unsheathes glock with extended mag*

How are they gonna spin the fact that he was a retainer to Japanese Hitler?

knawledge they don’t teach in school

Not him but
>Likely
>Unlikely
>Seems
>Could

>a black actually WUZ SAM-MOO-RAI

>IIRC he was part of Nobunaga's forces during the battle of Sekigahara.

>Nobunaga
>Sekigahara

Nobunaga died in 1582. Sekigahara happened in 1600.

>Proud black KANG massacres Mt. Hiei monks
kino!

Sounds like Wikipedia

we wuz samurai n shieeeet
*rza beat starts playing*

Beautiful. I can't wait

They've made like 8 Samurai Warrior games and never included Yasuke. They have Nobunaga's fuck boi Ranmaru, they need Yasuke.

Being a big nigger he was an oddity that nobunaga kept around to show off to people and laugh at. Leftists have tried to rewrite history and make him someone of importance.

>nigger
Dropped.

Niggers won't pay for it, whites are sick of niggers, and Asians and Latinos don't even pretend to like niggers so won't see it, so this will bomb harder than the IJN at Pearl Harbor.

>everyone would just laugh at him cuz he was a nigger!
Why? Why do you think this is true.
Did they keep white people around to laugh at too?
Or is your own racial prejudice staining how you believe others racial prejudices work?

I'll just leave this here.
>Chi-raq
>Budget $15 million
>Box office $2.7 million

WE

Yeah I am interested to see what they are going to do with this story.
I guess Japanese nobles treated him as an exotic pet but I imagine there should be something else about his life.
And people from all races have been exotic pets in some period of time

SO FAWKIN EDGY M8

ORE TACHI WA SAMURAIDESHITA TO KUSO DA

>Did they keep white people around to laugh at too
I think that's exactly what they did

>Did they keep white people around to laugh at too?
Yes, they did.
>your own racial prejudice
Look in the mirror, pal, because it's YOU with the "racial prejudice". That user was just citing REALITY, and you're seething because it was truth directed against blacks.

Black African tribes kept white missionaries pretty much as "pets" too.

You're pathetic.

>still using the "edgy" meme
It's played out, user.

Why would leftist do that? To show that Japanese are not racist?

>That user was just citing REALITY,
user doesn't have any more evidence Nobunaga kept him around just so everyone can laugh at him any more than has evidence he was treated unusually well for a foreigner.

Why is it complete fiction?

Hopefully no token whitebois in it. I'm hyped

And you don't have any evidence that they didn't, and yet here you are, sperging out and whiteknighting on the internet for some random nigger that died 500 years ago.

At least he was in Nioh

They'll most likely make up a lot if stuff. There isn't much to go on about him. I just want some cool fights.

Because he's not some random nigger, he's a footnote in history which is a lot more than can be said for you

It's part of them overstating the importance of black people throughout history.

In reality, there's nothing overly unique about this guy other than the fact that he was black in a country that predominantly wasn't. Which just so happens to be enough of a political point to make a movie out of.

Googled it and it's actually a pretty cool story. It would be like a 6'2" modern nog traveling back to the past. He would be a fucking monster with the size and strength, especially considering they were all manlets back in the 1500s

The anger seems unwarranted. Hopefully it's better than 47 Ronin. How they messed that up is beyond me.

From how they treated white missionaries we have a good guess about their general attitudes toward foreigners
True that they might not have what we call racism today or get the big picture about black people's status in the west at the time
But they kept slaves and treated foreigners as such and we shouldn't expect they treated a black foreigner differently.

Being the only person of a demographic to serve a country's most famous warlord is pretty important. This is a story about one black man, not black people.

Welcome to history mang.

>is pretty important
How? He didn't do anything. A movie about the actual warlord himself would be more interesting. Especially when there hasn't been any Western made one.

I don't understand how there's even an argument here. I think if Nobunaga kept him around for mockery he wouldn't have given him a residence, ceremonial sword and job

>he's not some random nigger
Yea, he was.

Booker T. Washington is a footnote in history. Nigger "X" that worked for the Jesuits in Japan and became a pet of some local warlord is indeed a random nigger.

I quite agree that I'd prefer to see a Western film about Nobunaga, but the fact is that his skin colour meant he had a singularly unique experience, and it's a story that hasn't really been told much. There's a reason that outsider stories are so popular.

The fact we are even having this conversation at all proves you wrong.

So we agree that the main point is about his race, right?
I hear what you're saying, but what's the likelihood they'll go for 100% historical accuracy with this? From what I understand, there's not much known about his life in general, which means they can't really do the story much justice.

Some obscure jig slave doesn't deserve a movie. Bet they'll have him bang an Asian, even though Asians hate jigs.

WE

yet he's still interesting enough to write a story about and make a movie. maybe if you'd be a tiny bit less racist about it, you wouldn't get mad that 100% of movies aren't all white.

i mean fuck last samurai has tom cruise in it, why can't a black guy be in a samurai movie considered it's based on some fact. even if it was just some "pet nigger" well fuck that might still be a cool story.

don't be so butthurt that life doesn't pander to you all the fucking time. shit man that's what children complain about

Support for this is white genocide. Blacks have zero relevance in the annals of history outside of being slaves.

Mate, there's no such thing as a historical film that's 100% accurate.
All we need is a rough outline of his life and we have that. There are records of his interactions with famous generals, and his presence in several key battles. It's easy enough to make a film out of. Sure some liberties will have to be taken but that's par for the course.

That's based solely on leftists lifting meaningless past encounters with shitskins and reinventing the significance of their lives.

See: pic related

Not the guy you're talking to because he's a dick, but The Last Samurai was based on a historical figure too, Jules Brunet.

>still interesting enough to write a story about and make a movie
This is what seething leftists and shitskins actually believe.

I can't wait to see the box office numbers for this masterpiece. WE WUZ SAMURAI AND SHEIT.

You have two options
A. Show him as a pet as he was. Which is indeed a taboo subject today's movies don't have balls to talk about
B. Show him as an example that black people arent always treated as animals. Which is a cliche
And you clearly want B despite A is more likely

It's not, though. All the evidence points to him serving as a retainer and fighter, not a pet. I don't give a shit what you think was more likely, the records don't support you.

Some films at least try to be as accurate as possible. There's literally not enough known about this guy to come even close. A few conversations and his presence being noted at some battles isn't really enough. However, they could use him as a way to depict key parts of Nobunaga's life as well. The Last Samurai used Tom Cruise's character to look at the decline of the Samurai and all that, which was fine.

But really, fictionalizing it is fine. It's just a joke pretending this story is going off of anything more than the protagonist's race, in a time where black people are feeling so ethnically conscious.

Just because you are upset doesn't mean people who have been bothered to be written down in history and knowledge of spread to the point anonymous on a taiwanese pottery board are discussing it means they are, by definition, not random.
At the very least, no one is going to be talking about you 100+ years after your death in the future.
I'm not even defending yasuke anymore, you are just categorically incorrect.

Quick name a sub saharan African king that isn't Mansa Musa or Shaka Zulu...so much for Africa's having a history.

But all the historical evidence we have points to B. We don't have much, but its more than what supports A.

Haile Selassie?

You dont have to make him a warrior to make it an intresting movie. Just make him learn some samurai shit so he can get that hero moments at the end of the film but not outshone the actual samurais, like make him able to stand ground for once, but wrote it as a fuckng triumphant moment for someone like him.

More like Kusotaro wwwwwww

man, atleast if you want to suck someone dick, be it someone that is still alive and can benefit you somewhat
>literally suckin an african slave dick from 15th century

Ethiopia isn't sub-Saharan, dude.

I keep hearing about these "records," but no one is posting links that this jig actually did anything of note in Japan.

Askia Muhammad?

Yes it is.

>ethiopia
>sub saharan

I won't pretend to know what motivated them to make it but I can say I found him to be an interesting figure way before this. There is more to him than you think, but I feel it would be best if the film treats him as an observer instead of a hero, so to speak.

At any rate, if they're so depserate for diversity I'd much rather them tell the story of an actual historical ficture than racelift an established character like they usually do.

That's what they gave to their emperor.
they are all toys when you can't really in the society.
To me these are iron proof that he was kept as a pet.
Their own emperors had no real power and are treated like pets.

It objectively is, look it up.

I can't see it having a glorious ending seeing as his story ends with Mitsuhide Akechi sparing his life out of pity

yeah i know, my point was it doesn't matter. there's no need to get all racial just don't watch it, if you don't like black people so much. bu tto sit there and feel all retarded like this user
like man it's not shoving down your throat to have one story that hasn't really been done 100x

i've never seen a big production of this story in movies. yet they feel overwhelmed with blacks on screen. like look at something else if you don't like it. not all movies are for one audience.

Imo this would be the optimal route. Being Oda's retainer his fate was pretty much tied to his, and he did some pretty interesting stuff.
What I'd give to have the whole movie spoken in portugese and japanese.

>look it up! look it up!
nigga what is this? birdwatching? stop sucking irrelevant, single-mention irrelevant fucking slaves's dick? like what the fuck is wrong with you? are americans this stupid? where the fuck is your dignity, western people?

I can't even see the goalposts anymore.

are you fucking high?

/thread

Are you drunk?

Yeah, something like that. Make Oda the only one that really cares for him because how unique he is, while the rest of the retainers just scoffs him off. Make his sudden rise to prominent attraction a jealousy point for other retainers that think Oda's ambition is going haywire.

Write him as an outsider, that when thrusted into this turbulent times in the faraway land, eventually didnt fit in not because he cant, but because the time didnt permit him. I mean shoot, just make Akechi spare him by saying some stupid words like "Had you came on a different time, maybe we can be friends" or some shit.

or even give him a harakiri ending, where he really felt accepted, he took the "samurai way out" as Mr. Oda niceman tought him.

I'll give you a citation, feel free to peruse at your leisure
L. Winkler, 'Samurai Road' (Bellatrix, 2016)

I don't really like to deviate that much from what we know happened but I am a stickler, and that would certainly work for making a good story

>(((Winkler)))
I know all I need to.

Here's a quote from it;
"Yasuke caused such a sensation in the capital that several people were crushed to death while clamoring to get a look at him. Nobunaga expressed a desire to see him and, suspecting his pigmentation to be paint, stripped him from the waist up and made him scrub his skin"
God, I hope they leave that in.

Oh, his surname sounds Jewish so the source is discredited? Get a grip you arsehole

You're such a faggot. I wonder what its like waking up everyday and constantly having black people on your mind. sad!

Is there anywhere in the world where a blacks' humanity didn't come into question?

>user is mad because history doesn't always coincide with his pet nigger narrative
got damn youre a sad human being