Thoughts on how i met your kino

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9d6f9j7gAdY
youtube.com/watch?v=20YNcMmwdPg
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Never seen it, network shit.

?

Shallow rip of the better show, friends.

>unlikeable characters who actually go WORSE as series progressed, even though the premise was about Ted becoming better to be worthy of meeting the mother
>Went on many seasons too long
>tried to force catchphrases "youuuuu son of a bish"
>actual mother was basically an afterthought in the series, appeared in very few episodes
>caused utterly cancerous normie memes
>undid all goodwill accumulated among even normie fans to force contrived prewritten ending
pretty trash overall. not even good for comfy casual viewing.

This thread is now about the superior modern 20/30 something sitcom

Garbage show for 90s born queers and women

The character intentionally written as a high functioning sociopath turned out to be the most likable because he was honest about how awful he was.

america: the series

Pretty good for 3-4 seasons, then quickly turned into unwatchable shit.

i tried watching this it was awful

quite true

Isn't this bootleg Friends?

Never watched a full episode, I might vomit blood if I finished one.

Every time I see it on at the gym and try to give it a few minutes, I invariably end up cringing out of my skin. I cannot believe the Barney character is meant to be cool or funny at all.

Shit ending, then again the entire final season was shit

who was the mother?

I'm very annoyed by Lily saying that she's into spanking and then it never getting referenced again.

some literal who introduced in like the last two episodes and then killed off

its true
Ted:
>intended to be a somewhat selfcentered, but goodhearted hopeless romantic
>actually just a complete pretentious autist who cheats on his girlfriends, mopes about being ditched at the altar, then steals a girl from the altar, and is a beta orbiter/perpetually hungup fucktard about Robin
Robin:
>intended to be an overly work focused fish out of water love interest
>bitchy town bicycle who I genuinely had a hard time writing this entry for because she has no real distinguishing characteristics besides being hot, loud, canadian, and annoying
Barney:
>intended to be: high functioning sociopath who lives for two things: pussy, and his friends
> actually is a high functioning sociopath who lives for two things: pussy, and his friends, who does overdone bits, and who they force a character arc onto then completely 180 TWICE in the final episode.
lily:
>Intended to be the heart of the group alongside Marshal, but with some of that pent up housewife kind of tension (oh she wants to be an artist, shes scared about having kids, etc)
>actually a manipulative bitch who ruins everyone elses relationships, forces Marshal to be her bitch, and has the most unfunny bits and storylines. Oh and she runs out on Marshal to chase her dreams for no reason and fucks him up for a while. presumably to ride the cock carousel.
Marshal:
>heart and soul of the group. Nice guy with outrageous friends.
>Heart and soul of the group. Pussy whipped. Deserves better.

It should have been the hot one

As with so many other shows, it was good during the first season, fantastic during the second and third season, just okay during fourth, then quickly descended into shit aside from a few choice moments.

Why does tv always work like this?

The main creative director runs out of juice, and the slack cant be picked up by other good enough writers

goddamn don't remind me

4-5 seasons seems to be the sweet spot for most tv comedies. But if a show is popular, the network doesn't want to drop it and invest money in a new show that might not be as popular.

It's Friends' less attractive drunk cousin.

>Why does tv always work like this?
Advertisers pay broadcast networks big money to show up to 10 million ppl a week crap they can insert ads into

Then the cable networks sell the shows into syndication so they can make some more cash

So they don't really care about quality

The last season was the cast and crew trying hang themselves in their cell. Everybody was done with the show by season 6 but CBS just kept renewing it.

Isn't Friends white-washed Living Single?

never saw it
but friends kept on talking about it and i told them how it would end (by what they described)
they get angry
years pass and it ends the way i say it.
they're pissed

>this gets truer and easier to realize years later after I've watched it and begin to rewatch
Its almost painful to replay this series sometimes, especially in the later seasons as Ted gets more desperate and Robin continues with the "I'm such a mess" attitude.

>Ted is the show runner's self insert
>Writer's room turns Ted into a whiny, hypocritical, emotionally manipulative, self absorbed douche bag
Must have been a good working environment.

This.

How I met your mother has never ever managed to make me laugh and literally all of it feels like someone trying to force memes and failing at it.

It feels incredibly fake. And most actors feel thoroughly unlikable.

what do you think Robins tits look like?

flapjacks

Barney and Nora should have stayed together longer. All that build up for their relationship to be written off lazily.

anyone else cringe when they do the "bang" chant?

Yea it never seemed funny. It did seem to try to force catchphrases as well.

I'll take "shows held back by the main character for 100", Alex

I like new girl, but I gotta agree. If the show was just about the men in the show, it'd be 100% better.

No Coach though, he was awful.

t. virgin

>First 3 or 4 seasons
Great sitcom: funny, smart writing, lots of heart, likable characters, interesting premise

>seasons 5-6
Still pretty good, but clearly slipping in quality

>Seasons 7-8
Has become mediocre at best, but still watchable because I'm already attached to the show, want to see the ending, and it sporadically had good episodes

>Season 9
Almost entirely garbage by this point. The characters have lost their likability, humor relies more heavily than ever on unfunny catchphrases and callbacks, the "entire season is the wedding" concept is terrible (especially once they break up 20 minutes into the finale), Marshall spends half the season on a road trip with a black stereotype, and it gets capped off with the worst series finale in television history.

I haven't really been able to go back to the show ever since the finale. It truly can't be overstated how awful it is. They spend 9 seasons building up the mother, showing time and time again that Ted/Robin won't work, and developing Barney's character only to kill off the mother, pair up Ted and Robin, and revert Barney back to season 1's shallow womanizer

They wrote an ending that would've worked well if they ended it in the first 3 seasons, then dragged the show out to the point of jumping the shark, and refused to acknowledge that the story decisions they made in the last 3-5 seasons made their original ending terrible

Really frustrating stuff, the show honestly used to mean a lot to me in high school

kys

nah

How much did Sup Forums rage at the final episode where Ted and Robin got together and the Mother died? That and Dexter are the two only times I've been genuinely furious at a TV show. It was like watching a slow motion car crash.

>Really frustrating stuff, the show honestly used to mean a lot to me in high school
Yeah, I watched from the very first episode when I was a kid and the show finished when I was an adult. I could never watch it again after the travesty of a last season.

are you me?

I dunno, I checked out like halfway through s7.

>>tried to force catchphrases "youuuuu son of a bish"
It was never even that fucking funny. Did people actually like that phrase?

You posted the wrong pic

dogshit with unlikable characters.

I don't think I could ever watch sitcoms again. HiMYM turned into a colossal waste of like 10 years with an ending that literately ruined any rewatch value. I was genuinely fucking mad the entire last episode and it's worse that the Mother got no depth or air time. That entire last season was barely enjoyable and I stuck around because I was invested in the show.

Are there any sitcoms that are worth watching these days? HIMYM, Community and Parks and Rec all turned to shit and I don't think I could trust another sitcom to be good again.

>getting emotionally invested in light entertainment
Well there's your problem.
You sat too close to the friend simulator.

>Ted was fucking annoying, immature and a hypocrite with no real development because of the last episode
>Robin is completely unlikable outside of ONE episode
>Marshall is alright, but has no balls and is everything wrong with men these days
>Lily's only character trait is "cunt"
>Barney should be the unlikable character, but was the most human and likable of the group

How does that even work?

This was a few years ago, user. And I wasn't THAT emotionally invested because by the end of the show, I hated most of the cast. It was more of a sunk time kind of deal.

>defending this
youtube.com/watch?v=9d6f9j7gAdY

It was always comfy for me, and the first half was actually pretty good. The last season, as most have said, is dogshit and the last episode was easily one of the top 5 worst finales. When it worked, it really worked and was funny. Marshall was the best character hands down. Honestly, the same thing applies to Friends. Mother basically just picks up where Friends left off.

I feel like the standard three camera sitcom is on its last breath. A lot of comedic talent is also moving to streaming services where they are less restricted on content and format.

Because Barney was honest about how terrible he was and regularly received punishment for his misdeeds.
Everybody else got away with their terrible behavior most of the time.

You know what made me hate most of the cast? How they treated Barney. He literately never does anything to hurt his friends, and they treat him like shit. He was far too good for any of them.

youtube.com/watch?v=20YNcMmwdPg

Even non-three camera sitcoms aren't really funny anymore. I really think TV comedies are done now. The last one I got into was Community and that became completely nonsensical and fucking stupid.

I never actually saw him as a TERRIBLE person. Yes, he banged girls and gave them the boot, but I don't think he's a bad person. Lily was a much more shitty person and I don't get how anyone would marry someone like that.

I haven't been a big TV guy since shows like this and Lost ended.

qt

Some of the schemes he pulled were pretty sleazy, although they ultimately turned ridiculous by the middle of the show. He also had a penchant for ignoring his friends' feelings to indulge his random impulses.
But the balance was that he was more self-aware than any of the other characters and would go to great lengths for his friends to try and redeem himself.
Ted OTOH would often make big gestures, but always expected something in return.

Her delivery did it no favours.

The season where Coach came back and they actually settled on what to do with Winston's character was pretty good

which episode was this?

Bad News.
The Bad News happens at 0.

where's 33?

This episode was annoying, but the one right after it hauled off and kneed me right in the feels for personal reasons.

literally the best modern sitcom

Barney was an unreliable dick, but everyone knew he was an unreliable dick and planned around that. Every time Lily decided to fuck someone it was a completely illogical and unexpected stab in the back

Fpbp

The last scene was so terrible.
>Ted gets to have children, and gets the girl of his dreams in the end
Such bullshite; could have been kino had he been given to chosse one and only one.

unfunny garbage

>Ending is shit
>ted is boring as fuck and is a cunt
>barney made this bearable until he turned into a cunt too
yeah this show sucked