Are the 2010s the worst decade of cinema in quite some time?

Are the 2010s the worst decade of cinema in quite some time?

I mean, I'm so disappointing with the vast majority of shit coming out now, most of it is some abrams BOOM BOOM CLASH BANG PUNCH LINE shit

>I'm so disappointing
Yeah, you are. Garbage thread made by a garbage person.

JJ can you stop making god damn movies please?

Mike pissed the bed until his early 20s

DUDE WHY CAN'T THEY MAKE THE MOVIES I PREFER INSTEAD OF THE THINGS OTHER PEOPLE PREFER LMAO XDXDXD

You're literally just a crying toddler at this point. The worst part is that you think you belong here and you can't even communicate in English fluently.

ebin

JJ is mad lmao

The majority of movies have always been shit. You're looking at the past through a filter. The hundreds of shitty movies just aren't talked about or remembered anymore.

we're bumping up against peak capeshit. It's only going to get worse from here before it all collapses in 2020

there are a lot of really great movies coming out all the time user. even ignoring all the great indie films, you've got big mainstream stuff like john wick, the kingsman films, and baby driver just in the past three years. sure, big studios are pumping out loud, asinine trash (like they always have), but thats no reason to give up on the 2010s altogether

JJ cries out as he strikes you

Nah, 90's were pretty fucking bad. Even good movies in the 90's have some kind of dumbshit 90's taint on them that's hard to describe.

since the 70's every decade has been worse for film than the previous decade.

just like music

what the fuck is his problem?

are you dumb? 80s and 90s had far better music than the 70s. only the late 70s was worth a shit but even then bands in the early 80s took that sound and made it better

you must not really be into music then

music peaked in the 70's and there's nothing you can say to prove me wrong. Rock and roll peaked creatively. Post-punk, ambient, proto-post rock, electronic were born in this decade and their contemporaries have NEVER topped them. Fight me.

>dude dadrock lmao

all you gotta do is look at how much better new order is compared to joy division. face it, fambly. the late 70s were a period of great creativity but all the best works in those genres came in the 80s or later.

Can, Popol Vuh, Neu, The Velvet Underground, Brian Eno, King Crimson. All non dad rock that would have more influence on the direction of music than any meme band in the 80's or 90's.

>you

I would say so, there just seems to be a dry spell in Hollywood right now.

There are still good movies, but its only a handful each year as opposed to some decades having them in the high twenties.

I think a lot of it has to do with the high budgets the audience wants. There is absolutely no reason one movie should have a budget of 500 million.

>2010s the worst decade of cinema
Yes.
Followed only by the 00's.