Theater experiences?

Theater experiences?

>see trailer for pic
>expect it to be some swashbuckling action timepiece about ((merchants)) coming to japan for the first time
>only theater that's showing it is up in Harlem, called, I shit you not, AMC Magic Johnson Harlem 9
>think nothing of it, buy tickets and head up there
>get to the theater, the lobby has this tacky wall mural of (who I presume to be) Magic Johnson playing with black youths
>go into the theater and take my seat
>actually very clean and well kept, usually AMC theaters are trashed in NYC
>Not only am I the only white person (which is to be expected for that neighborhood) but I'm the only male in the audience
>the theater is almost empty save for a few obese black women in their 40s and 50s
>A little weird, but I think nothing of it
>trailers play, nothing interesting
>feature starts, suddenly the audience starts chatting (loudly) about the film
>Opening scene is a bunch of people getting crucified
>suddenly realize what's going on, that it's actually a hyper religious film
>black audience ad-libbing after literally every line of dialogue
>"Oh he need Jesus" "Don't do it Francisco!" "MMMMHMMMM Das right PREACH IN JESUS'S NAME"
>Audience literally screams in horror when they step on the image of the cross
>at first I'm really annoyed but then I realize that the movie is horrible and I'm not missing much
>only thing that kept me from walking out was the crazy, over the top audience reactions

2/10 Flick
10/10 Theater experience

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GpvtxQmHudo
youtu.be/UMJLwFTtBzo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Here's a pic of the inside of the theater with the mural

Be less of a New York fag. Silence was a great movie.

Theaters in Houston are top kino dispensaries. Perfect image and sound quality.

live in canada, never had people yelling at the screens.

>Mom asks if I want to go to a movie
>sure
>don't ask what it's about, I'm game for anything
>Friday night, theater is full
>entire audience is calling out "don't go in there" and laughing like hyenas at all the stupid predictable shit
>Audience hootin and hollerin for two hours, nobody stepping on others' toes, everybody that says something is pretty funny, no bad jokes
Two hours of 200 people trashing a shit movie is a glorious thing

>Watched trailer for Silence
>Thinks it's about swashbuckling jews
You clearly didn't understand the trailer or know anything about history.
>Goes to see a movie
>Goes to a black theater
>Goes to a black theater in Harlem
>Is a solo white man
Makes sense OP since we've already got you noted down here as a retard.

>be in theater
>You're way off your....."
>audience eyes widen in anticipation
>"baseline"
>audiences starts clapping and screaming with laughter while throwing their fedoras at the screen
>on the back of me I hear people singing The Game of Thrones tune with the text "cells interlinked"
>ryan gosling walked in front of the screen and start dancing like PSY while chanting "UP UP UP UPVOTE REDDIT STYLE"
>meanwhile people pull out their phones and start taking pictures of ryan and posting it on reddit
>as I wanted to leave the theatre I stumble on a band of 30 manchildren chanting "UPVOTE REDDIT STYLE .... UP, UP UP UPVOTE REDDIT STYLE" while dancing like PSY
>desperately trying to escape this hell hole I see alot of women crying of fear but their male companions don't seem to respond
>as I take a look around the theatre trying to find an escape I come to the conclusion that the whole audience except for the women are singing and dancing "UPVOTE REDDIT STYLE"
>in a desperate attempt to survive I pick one of the fedoras on the ground and start chanting "cells interlinked" to every person I come across while trying to escape
>the crowd didn't seem to notice me and as I walked out of the theatre I looked back
>the women are getting crushed by the amount of people dancing and singing like PSY
>i remember the tears on their faces but all I heard while finally leaving the theatre were the people screaming "upvote reddit style"

Rowdy theaters are fun when the audience is playing along with the experience. I saw IT in the theater and the audience was awful, just a bunch of teens on their bright as fuck phones talking to one another.

However, when I saw the devil inside the place was half full but nearly everyone was drunk and shouting shit out once we realised how shitty the movie was. The ending got booed and this guy threw all of his popcorn and soda at the screen. It was great.

try toronig

>Audience literally screams in horror when they step on the image of the cross

I've been a huge Ryan "The Goose" Gosling fan since Drive, and so I knew I had to see BR2049 as soon as the crowd died down, which thankfully was about instantly.

I showed up at 1:45 PM on a Tuesday, and waddled (I have a disability, fuck you) up to the front of the line, where this teenage fuckface employee is staring at me like I'm something gooey he found on the bottom of his shoe.

He asks me what I'm doing here, and I say "I'd like one ticket to see Ryan Gosling's new movie, Blade Runner 2049, in standard" just like I practiced. Only I noticed his girlfriend was there, smirking at me, and I started panicking and said "I want one ticket to see The Goose in 3D."

Then I started hyperventilating and tried to correct myself, but I forgot the name of the movie, and so I just kept saying "The Goose" or "the Goose's film" while the teenager and his fuckface girlfriend are snickering at me. Finally I just pointed at the poster for Blade Runner and said "That," and they gave me the ticket. While I waddled away, I heard the girlfriend stop laughing and lean in and whisper "He's scaring me" to the employee, loud enough that I could hear it across the empty theater.

I could barely enjoy the movie after that. It took me a whole hour to stop crying and shaking. When my tears dried and I'd cleaned off my glasses I saw that I accidentally bought the 3D ticket, the employee hadn't given me my 3D glasses, and that the whole movie was a blurry mess. Now every time someone on Sup Forums posts about BR2049, I have legit fucking trauma flashbacks. Fuck you all.

I saw Alien Vs Predator years ago with a bunch of my older brother's friends and we were drinking and smoking beforehand. There's a scene where a face hugger jumps out to get someone and it does the Matrix 360 swerve around the frozen in space face-hugger. We lost our shit and started screaming laughing at the screen in the packed theatre third or fourth two as I recall, it was amazing.

>Watching Blade Runner 2049 in theater
>Completely crowded, every single seat is taken and a few Staceys are sitting on the aisle stairs in short skirts
>Silent throughout the whole movie except at a few key moments
>When K learns he's a real boy some Staceys are sniffling from the tears dripping into their noses, some Chads are even pretending to itch their eyes
>When Joi's emanator gets smashed there are some stifled cries and deep breathing
>When the advertisement tells K that he's a good Joe, every Stacey in the theater bursts into treats for a few minutes
>After the fight, when the quiet snow scene starts, the theater is completely silent and sits through the entire end credits

>Once they end, every Stacey starts crying
>The ones next to me start talking to their Chad boyfriends in hushed tones
>1 can't believe I've been so naive and unaware of my hypergamistic instincts, is this what I'm driving society towards?"
>1 feel so sorry for every robot pushed to the edge to the point where they require an Al holographic waifu for company"
>"Chad, we're over, I need a real boyfriend with mental issues and no social skills whatsoever"
>"A-user", she turns to me and says, "take me right here in atonement for my sins"

Silence sucked and your opinions are shit

this was hilarious but your attempt to modify the pasta to include Blade Runner fell flat.
Do better next time. I believe in you.

>tfw I never had a loud audience in a theater
Is this an American thing?

Holy shit lol

Yes. I watched the force awakens when it just came out and the whole theater was dead silent for 1,5 hours. Aside from occasional chuckles here and there, of course.
But then I head stories of audience going insane when they say millennium falcon or han solo, or luke. Maybe it's just because SW is a cult in america(and nowhere else). Maybe it's just generally an american thing.

sat next to black people during borat premiere and made everything even funnier

>But then I head stories of audience going insane when they say millennium falcon or han solo, or luke

it's true, these motherfuckers would not shutup, this is why I'll be going weeks later. My worst experience was a baby...is that even legal to bring to a theater, crying the whole fucking time like WHAT

Saw the Day After Tomorrow in theaters and the A/C broke and watched the movie in 80 degree theater. But got free movie passes after the show.

and what percentage of the population are niggers in canada, sir?

>sitting through trailers at the start of the movie in a relatively crowded theatre, people are scattered sparsely in the seats
>some movie is advertised which is a comedy with black people
>it doesnt look very good
>there is a point in the trailer where it cuts to silence
>hear someone from behind stiffling the words "its funny because theyre black" like they were trying to talk over the movie to the person next to the but didnt expect the hard cut to silence

Watched BR2049 couple of weeks ago, in an almost empty theater. Autumn was getting in full swing, and it was pretty cold, but they didn't have heating on. So I'm sitting there, in a giant empty room, enjoying this incredible kino, feeling my nuts freezing, could even see my breath. Really added to the experience. Because, you know, environment in the movie is destroyed, it's cold and snowing in LA. So that was pretty good. Got a cold, felt like shit for a week.
That's my story, folks.

Those church ladies were patrician and you're a pleb.

>2006
>Watching Rocky Balboa with full theater
>everyone treating the last fight like it's real
>stomping feet, cheering, chanting ROCKY

I'm sad that I'll never experience this again

>everybody hooting and hollering during the Kano vs. Sonya fight
>whole theater lost their shit during the last part of the Cage vs Scorpion battle
>random clapping and yelling when the characters were talking shit to each other in the movie
>it was like everybody in the theater were buddies
This movie was so good to experience on the big screen. MK fever was truly magical in 90s.

youtube.com/watch?v=GpvtxQmHudo

And here I though american theaters were bad.

retarded preconception

Imagine if that audience watched something like Brawl in Cell Block 99.

HOLY SHIT. You found Robert's theatre! Did you happen to meet him by any chance.

>the absolute state of American """cinemas"""

You have fucking shit taste, and I would genuinely rather watch the movie with those obese black women than with you.

I live in Australia.

It's common. Though not among white people.

youtu.be/UMJLwFTtBzo

AY YO WHERE DA AZN WOMENZ AT?

>all those people defending Silence
Come on. It was shot alright, but the rest was so pointless. Am I supposed to be religious to "get it"?

I have to say you must be scum if you frequent cinemas that have people yelling in cinemas. Banter has happened with some larrikins making fun of the adverts before the film, but nothing like yelling (or even talking) during the film.

I am very happy that there is a class divide in Australia.

Fucking kek

>go to see Frozen when it came out to see my new waifu on the big screen
>theatre is packed with families and young girls
>I'm buy myself
>literally was sweating while waiting in line for a ticket
>voice shook when paying for it
>sat down next to a maybe 8 year old girl in the cinema, her mother actually swapped seats with her
>couldn't concentrate on my waifu the entire film

Probably the most uncomfortable experience of my life. This was also when I was less self aware than I am now, I used to wear a fedora, cargo pants, and leather jacket I shit you not. Also had a scraggly neckbeard and was a hungry skeleton.

Why those people are allowed to exist?

Holy shit user

>Go with high school friends to mall for first time ever
>I normally don't get invited to their social group
>It was about 3 guys and 3 girls
>We go to see a movie
>Girls get the final word on which one we see, which is Tangled that Disney anime one with the long haired Rapunzel girl

Just realized this greentext has no funny ending but it was one of the few social interactions with friends I ever engaged in outside of school

Haha I should probably kill myself

Agreed, its hilarious that Silence was nothing but repeated torture scenes and was praised by all critics while Passion of the Christ was hated by critics for the same reason.

This is why no singles policies should be implemented, to save autists embarrassment like this.

Northern Ireland here, Ive only had one instance where it was for Lady in Black If I remember right.
>crowd of people were literally just talking through the movie
>one woman(not a girl a grown woman) would occassionally make a loud noise and look around the theatre to see how people react and start laughing, guy thats with them would loudly exclaim "IM NOT WITH YOUS HAHAHA" every time and they would continue just lounging around on the chairs, one turned to their side not even looking at the fucking screen
Fucking jesus I wouldnt go to theatres if this happened more than once. I refuse to believe that this is a common thing in the US like alot of people say it is.

holy kek

>16
>invite ((friends)) to see Pirates World's End at midnight
>they agreed but none showed up
>theater was packed and had to watch from the first row, far left with college guys who snuck in liquor

Didn't get harassed by anyone but that experience made me quit caring about having friends.

lel

His smile is brighter than the sun...

What kind of a sad individual do you have to be to even post something like this?

Pretty good, I chuckled.

fag

>the goose in 3d
i laughed. thanks

You sound like a nigger