Star Trek /Discovery/ General

Rate the mid season finale

5/10, ok episode in a bad show.

How does DIS keep getting better?

7/10. They should really hire better writers though.

We all know Section 31 recruited Lorca from the Mirror Universe and now he just wants to go home, Bang Empress Hoshi, and grab some of the advanced AF Defiant based tech to put him even further ahead in the war with the Remans.

pretty good. I'm not memeing either.

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

>oh, so you were in a klingon prison camp too?
>oh they took your legs off and cut off your fingers? that's horrible
>wait till you hear what happened to me
>i got laid every single day and busted my nut inside some klingon hottie while everyone else got slaughtered
>yeah I had it rough

this fucking guy

meh

>publicly argue against captains orders, on the fucking bridge, nobody bats an eyelid, instead he agrees
>do the whole mission solo
>duel a battle hardened klingon as equal
totally not a Mary Sue y'know

because he is a klingon. Had a nice little brainwash to get him deep undercover.

>must transport across to klingon ship immediately when they decloak
>they transport over 40 seconds later

and this . Other than that it was a good epsiode. Actually, it's the first good episode of discovery so far

>mid season
>finale

Pick one and only one.

>L'Rell
>Hot

why wouldn't she be able to fight a klingon for a bit, vulcans are strong.

if they jumped into the mirror universe how do they not know where they are? as in location in the space not dimension.

she has nice titties

She isn't Vulcan just an autistic human

She's not a Vulcan by blood.

she's physically human, had some Vulcan training, which, seeing as she gets pissy and emotional all the time, had likely all washed off by now

Humans with vulcan upbringing should be weak super autists

Really kind of upsets me the Klingons just sat there while the Discovery was memeing around like a retard. It didn't even attempt to do a god damn thing.

Glad we got to see Klingon tits and fucking though. My brain was upset, but my dick was happy.

did you just assume her species? that's problematic, user.

TOM PARIS AIN'T GOT SHIT ON ME LMAO

as if you'd turn her down

Erratic sensors post-jump and probably the computer being incapable of locating standard objects to draw its position, such as bases or buoys. Presumably drawing your location from stars in 3D space when you could have arbitrarily landed anywhere would be very time consuming, if the Discovery's computer is capable of it at all.

>want to capture their magic
>try to beam spacenigger over
>they end up in space cause LOLTELEPORT

They couldn't do jack shit.

the whole Vulcan upbringing thing is a trainwreck.
She's not calm, she's not particularly logical, she can't keep her emotions at bay.
She's good at science - but she could learn that in a human academy too. She knows Vulcan kung-fu, but martial arts are also hardly limited to that one species.
Oh and she also has some telepathic space-magic powers allowing her to talk to her "dad" every once in a while. Which hurts the plot more than it adds to it if you ask me.
so I really don't see a point in this

maybe, but if they were in mapped region of space the computer could easily pinpoint location.
i guess if it is the mirror universe everything could be opposite/reflection.

haven't they cloaked themselves? So they couldn't really do shit without decloaking and getting a torpedo from a random direction, but also felt perfectly safe and able to wait whatever Discovery was doing out?

Which is a shame, because the whole "Human raised by Vulcans now has to deal with emotional problems from wrong-species parenting" is a character gold mine.

...Although if they really did commit to it it'd probably just end up being another retread of "Seven of Nine repeatedly has to learn what it means to be human by failing autisticly at basic social interactions."

Wait, so which is it? They showed us jump 133 was complete, but then it wasn't?

>more female humans holding their own vs klingon warrior in close combat with Klingon weapons
>let's place stealth sensors, let's make them emit bright blue light
>Klingons keep the Klingon traitor as well as the human prisoner alive for reasons
>prisoner escaped let's send two of our hundreds of soldiers
>every electronic device constantly flickers for no apparent reason and emits idiotic noises.
>entirely predictable oh but he was somewhat turned twist
>entirely predictable oh a jump misfires and takes us someplace/sometime else
>more face closeups of overly emotional pseudo vulcan who did a 180 to the plot in basically every regard

I lol'd a lot and I'd say it's a solid lensflare/10.

it was completed. lorca said that he needed gay science guy to make 132 jumps then the computer would be able to figure out how to travel to other dimensions

so, the klingon war arc is over?
We Voyager now?

>We Voyager now?
lol that's what i thought.

did they send the complete work to star fleet to defeat the cloak?

>Oh and she also has some telepathic space-magic powers allowing her to talk to her "dad" every once in a while.
Daily Reminder that interstellar mind melds were invented by Enterprise, not STD.

nope I think, they said they need 11h to work the whole algorithm

Aside from it being a joke no, I don't; other than him re-routing the ship before the final jump. Besides Hoshi wouldn't be Empress at this time, and if the Defiant tech they got circa her reign advanced anything it was just conquest and not actual technology as the ships in the TOS mirror episode is roughly the same just armed a bit more..

I rate it a big fat I don’t give a shit

No he said 133. And even if he didn't, it shows the 133rd jump. It happened, but then unhappened so Lorca could change the destination.

Maybe he overwrote the last coordinates to fuck with the log.

It might just be that the props department fucked up.

Remember this?

First contact was made with Cardassia sometime between 2226 and 2249, so it has already occured

Do you happen to have megas for the other episode in 1080p?

8/10, solid episode

On the whole, the show is worth a watch so far. Much better than TNG's first season. Don't be a retard and sub to all access; just torrent that shit.

kino

Probably the same person behind this then, haahahaha.

it felt like star trek for about eight minutes. Then the god-awful writing kicked in full force.

did anyone actually fap to this scene?

Maybe its the 133 on record for the maneuver to get the algorithm and he wanted to obscure the last jump to station 46 which is the one he manipulated, so he just logged that one as 133 so that the records would only show the jumps from the fight. I'm not sure why he'd want to do that though given the crew would still know.

Why the FUCK isn't he suckling on those mouth-watering Klingon titties? Waste of a scene.

eww.

Boy, I'd be really let down if that was the case. To fuck up something they purposefully zoom in on, as a plot point? Yikes. They could've just fixed it in photoshop after the fact..

Nah, they finished the jumps. Black and White girl said so, Tilly counted them, half the ship was involved with keeping track of the jumps. They just dun goofd.

Everything COULD still be there, the issue is that Discovery just did a lot of fire and took some hits; the other issue would be we don't know what massive works were done in the mirror side. We've only seen the Mirror from the ENT, TOS, and DS9 eras. Between ENT and TOS they could have re-arranged the frequencies they use, built megastructures that would blind stellar cartography, Pulsars could have been moved or destroyed.. also it's a given Lorca did a blind jump and had no ACTUAL base destination set just "that other place", so anyway of identifying the location based on where Discovery was believed to be heading would be of no use..

Will we ever get a Vulcan in DIS that doesn't act like a pouting emotional teenager?
Is every Vulcan on the show a half-Vulcan?

Is she supposed to be a young girl that can't behave or a retarded woman? She doesn't look very young so I guess she is a clinical retard.

why would you use a Pulsar for navigation? Has it ever been confirmed anyone uses that or are you pulling that out of your ass?

If anything Tilly acts more like a Human raised by Vulcans than Michael, Michael just acts like a human raised by dickheads and terrible writers.

Waiting for them to reveal she gets a sex change and becomes Sybok.

They are literally space lighthouse

>Michael just acts like a human raised by dickheads
Sarek is a dickhead, according to Spock.

I'm just starting episode 9. This will be make or break.

>pouting emotional teenager

Who? Because Michael is 100% human

So we still use lighthouses in space? besides it makes no sense anyhwere in the galaxy a pulsar will be in a different position from your point of view so it would still make mapping or navigation impossible

9/10
Captain endless war is a gift that keeps on giving. PTSD boy and his plot are dragging the show down

Sarek is, yet in the movie and TOS he's more calm and rational, even though he had the falling out with Spock and was a bit arrogant. In STD he is either uncaring or wants to be magic space mentor depending on the day.

The captain should be the core character, but Michael is alright.

>current year
>not having a xeno fetish
They jumped to the future where the federation lost the war or some 3rd force took out both sides

9 eps in and there is developed antagonist, what is this MCU?
I expected her to get ported away before she delivered the killing blow to the leader.

did the scientist wanted to enter the mirror dimension? why did he asked for another jump?

the position is relative but the emissions will be largely unique.

>but Michael is alright.
a story about a woman trying to out-run her past of doing something bad is interesting.

a story of a woman who outright committed mutiny and the started a war which thousands die in (so far) and unite a fragmented enemy into a larger threat all the while bitching about how she needs forgiveness and doesn't want to go to the space-pokey again isn't a character we should follow or show empathy for.. It should be about how Michael is an asshole of a person and is wrong about everything in life (What the fuck kind of theory is the Vulcan Hello and why did the first one not cause the Klingons to just tear Vulcan a new asshole?) The show should be about Captain I want to explore but first I want to blow shit up and bang superiors and him dealing with the fact he has an element on his ship that he in every sense of the word cannot trust.

It was just weak took for those "what is love" episodes

>is a character gold mine.
Its a headache
>end up being another retread of "Seven of Nine repeatedly has to learn what it means to be human by failing autisticly at basic social interactions."
yep

But that still begs the question of why youd use one beyond technobable to navigate just because the radio signal is unique doesnt mean we'd ever use them reliably map anything hell we dont even use them no and we only have one object that's left the solar system.

Lorca is secretly mapping alternate realities, Staments has already had the ability to see all possible realities and universes as well as escape Harry's glo-stone mcguffin trap.

nah. They will be Voyager for 2 eps tops. sleeper will awaken and deal a blow. after which captain will have his war.

I agree with all of that, but in the spirit of the old Trek; we are not above forgiveness. I'm still watching episode 9. The start of the season was pretty rocky and loaded with virtue signalling. It might not be trek, but it might turn out to be a decent scify if they tome down the faggotry.

nope. That is probably way star fleet lost the war in the future they are now
please name the ep

What am I looking at?
I assumed he just rammed multiple jump points in, in hopes of making a universal jump and changing gay guys mind. Given his bipolar behavior im still waiting to stop recognizing his lover and proclaim himself the god king of the gay galaxy

You are simply too retarded to understand the applications. We don't use them to navigate because we aren't flying interstellar distances. Say they are in the derp nebula and can't see which way is out (this assumes auto navigation is also broken), they can detect the pulsar they flew past on their way in to know which was was the way in (and ergo the way out).
>why do birds use magnetism to travel when they have perfectly good eyes guys?
this is how dumb you sound.

counter started at 0, not 1

She is whatever the plot needs her to be. She was introduced as a dork with lots of allergies and few/no friends. In the party ep she ends up being wild and liked by people, so I have no idea what her character is. let us not forget that trick she pulled with assigned stations

>The captain should be the core character
I think he works well because of his dosage.
>MFW he took his eye drops so he could burn out his eyes watch the Klingons die.
everything you think "he can't keep getting away with this" but he does. I hope Tyler does not kill him or change his character too much

Every map we send of Earth's location is encoding using the patterns from Pulsars as a triangulation point.

Then they made 134 jumps.

The gay guy wanted out. This was it for lorca, he would give up the codes, get a medal and be branched. the vulcan guy said nothing about it but the admiral probably sang her song and if they are not retarded they can put 2 and 2 together and realize he let her be captured so he could keep command. so cap sweet talked the gay guy into making "a final jump" to home instead of using FTL and when they were jumping he changed coordinates to the secret coordin they unlocked when they did those 100+ jumps . now they are lost but he is still in command, may he ride eternal

Affliction

I don't blame her for the war. I think her getting the blame is bull. She is OP but in a way a video game protagonist would be, it goes well with me pretending like Im watching mass effect

yes thats my guess

counter started at 0, stamets did his 133 but starting at 0 makes it look like 132, so lorcas entry was 133 on display, but really the 134th jump

i dont know why its shown so ridiculously. just enough to raise questions and get people talking i guess? show is annoying with this kind of thing. it makes legitimate mistakes like the security panel, then expects the viewers to watch like a hawk for details.

It could also be that Lorca hacked the cords for the 133rd jump with some kind of registry edit?

Forgiveness is one thing, asking for it whilst in the middle of a war you started by going against your Captain, and then repeatedly making the same fuck up of doing things against command orders is pattern of her being snobby idiotbox.

If they wanted me to feel like she was even worthy of redemption, don't make her mutiny and give the impression that it was an honest mistake on her and -CHINESE MARKET INVESTMENT SHIP NAME HERE-'s part..

As humans we all want our bad deeds to be forgiven and to have a clean slate, in the case of someone who literally starts a war and then bitches about having to face the consequences of it is not a redeeming character. Lorca has more redeeming qualities and he literally just wants to jump to parallel worlds and murder things..

>it goes well with me pretending like Im watching mass effect
A Mass Effect TV show would easily top STD. The series could also tank the bad writing on the cool factor, something a Star Trek show couldn't.

music video garbage with too many cuts

So you are saying a human no matter what deeds they've done is above at least trying to seek some kind redemption or is undeserving?

>PTSD is spazzing out and twitching while mumbling in a flashback trance
Finally a realistic portrayal of PTSD on television, thanks DIS.

no. he is saying that if you fuck up super bad, you should shut up and let others take the lead. helping out in small ways instead of proclaiming that you need X number of wins for your redemption to be complete. I don't think she needs redemption but that is another subject

Why does he constantly have this mouth breather face? He looks so autistic its distracting me.

I don't mind a space war. Nor it being darker. But it has ti be cannon. It's hard to love a show when there is so much to hate. The only way to drag people in with a mediocre story is with a cliffhanger every episode. The story of Michael was well played this episode.
The whole show emphasises mutiny against the central structure. It's even mentioned in this episode. Tom Paris was also a scoundrel. Maybe the war was inevitable. The last 2-3 episodes get a C, the rest was subpar. I have a list of characters I like to kill off. The jumper who will be written off for sure this time, the first officer and Trixie or what's her face.

Somehow I do sense that the writers are listening to critique.

>Hey we have to hide this ninja spy sensors in the enemy ship so they can scan them while we jump
>UPLINK TO DISCOVERY ESTABLISHED
>BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
>DON'T MIND ME JUST FUCKING GLOWING BLUE LIKE A GOD DAMN actually nothing really glows bright blue because it's pointless but you get my point.

>The jumper who will be written off for sure this time
unlikely. That would be bury your gays trope and this show is progressive is it not? also he is just getting good and is my second favorite character

Easy to hide a shiny beacon on a big ship that doesn't seem to have or need a crew.