Batman is supposed to be horror, yeah I said it

>tfw there will never be a truly accurate portrayal of The Joker in a Batman film

Why has there never been a proper psychological horror Batman film when that would be absolute KINO, are there any writers or directors who could actually pull it off?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ee0StKj9c-Y
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hfUzoRMSocs
youtu.be/-l4IghDNzW4
youtu.be/pAn49oUtHJE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>caring for capeshit
How much soy do you consume on a daily basis?

nicholson was scary, and how can a drawn book for kids be scarier?

I don't care about capeshit, but I remember seeing this when I was a kid. Has there ever been a better illustration of the Joker?

Best so far.

Joaquin Phoenix would make an awesome scary joker.

Batman doesn't HAVE to be one genre. His versatility is the biggest strenght of the character. Adam West's Batman is just as valid as Grant Morrison's, his horror story as fitting as the crime drama one.

That said I agree that the next film version HAS to be different, and horror would be a good way to do it. Give me a cold open with Clayface or something.

he has more of a penguin face

>lets just throw away $500 million at the box office so we can make an adult only Batman

thats why pleb

I dont thats my point dumbass, I haven't liked any of the Batman films because they are TOO capeshit

nope, Arkham Asylum is the only batman story that properly "gets" the Joker and Batmans relationship

>can't even read the letters

he's almost there in this pic, needs just to be a bit fatter and filthier

they said the same thing about Deadpool and Logan you idiot

psychological horror would be stupid but batman deserves to be spookier, a lot of his villains have a gothic macabre feel to them

>>Sup Forums
you fucking faggot
yes, I know that board is wildly over-moderated by nigger SJWs. That's where you belog
> when you realize the problem with Sup Forums is other boards

wrong. only nerds have heard of Deadpool and kids are not its target audience. Batman is for children however much you protest .. its a grown man dresses as a flying mouse.

I ask the same thing about the Hitman games. Why can’t we get a straight horror movie out of them?

Because the fucking Silverballers make everyone think he should be an action hero.

whats the ugliest actor that can play the joker ? or could ?

>flying mouse

Snyder nailed the horror aspect.

>its a grown man dresses as a flying mouse.

thing is thats actually addressed in Arkham Asylum by the joker and other inmates

Batman is literally Batshit insane and is no different than the joker, that aspect has always been ignored in the movies

> it's the only comic that gets the batlan joker relationship
But it's not the killing joke nor the dark knight returns (not central but their scenes together really are the pinnacle of their relationship, thanks based miller)
Best art in any Batman story, but McKean was wasted working with that hack Morrison really.

>Batman is literally Batshit insane and is no different than the joker, that aspect has always been ignored in the movies

It was addressed in the Burton films, at least in passing. Wayne tells Vicky Vale that "the Joker is psychotic" and she responds with "people say the same about Batman". Also, remember in Batman Returns, Bruce Wayne literally sits around doing nothing until the Bat signal shows up.

He's an obsessive, broken, empty shell of a man, and it's been noted.

The best actors to play Batman were all noted for playing nutjobs though.
>Adam West
>Michael Keaton
>Christian Bale

Joaquin Phoenix is the best.

Arkham Asylum, I love that comic.

>batman is supposed to be horror
Is this what soyboys actually believe?
>hurr theres a scary face in the movie now it's horror HURRR

batman is potentially capekino

Why are you obsessed with soyboys?

You are the worst kind of shitposter.

Only remaining actor who can play the Joker correctly.

No, you are, you argument less loser

>Batman is supposed to be horror
He's kiddie mystery, his villains are no more psychological than any of Green Lantern's, it's just that Batman's psychological angle is used to beat the readers over the head and idiots love it. It's literally all some combination of "person I know died" and "I fell into vat".

I would be pretty amazed if I would see this in a movie. Doctor Destiny as a Justice League villain would be pretty great.

I define my existence with the latest Sup Forums memes and buzzwords. What's your excuse?

What a pleb thing to say, and you even had to lie that he's a mouse to say it. Batman being a guy who feels the need to dress as a bat and personally punch criminals is the a part of the more mature interpretations of the character. He's a wounded manchild who takes on a masked identity (like Zorro, his favorite childhood fictional hero), and everything he does is far more therapeutic to himself than it is useful to anyone else. I don't know what you mean by 'mature', but if you think that recognizing and writing about this inherent personality flaw isn't adult, then you probably think mature means scary, violent, and 'badass'.

That's my favorite part about returns, he literally sits in a dark room waiting for the bat signal to reflect a light literally on to his face. It's hilarious.

> Batman
> Psychological horror

Made me laugh OP. Have you ever read anything with Batman in it?

Holy fuck, what is this from?

Arkham Asylum, pretty cool run.

>horror

Yes there is youtube.com/watch?v=ee0StKj9c-Y

Brando, or some other legit insane person

That's a pretty shit opinion you got there.

Jim Carrey is starting to be a serious contender.

The more I think about it the more I like it.

Why don't you write it OP you faggot. Demanding others to do it then moaning its not good enough for you.

>Why has there never been a proper psychological horror Batman film

because batman is a childrens comic book character

>He hasn't seen TDKR animated.

The problem with other boards is Sup Forums board tourists like OP flooding other boards, wholly justifying them coming back to waste the bandwidth of anyone here.

Carrey needed to do more dramatic work.

Why does Joker have a Bog face?

someone post the joke he made in this comic about batman fucking robin or something like that

Arkham, a serious house on a serious earth

Hell yeah. His range is great even though most people associate him with Ace Ventura etc.

FORCED
M
E
M
E

This book was shit

How bout pic related.. he was good in 31. He could pull off the joker.

Guess someone thinks the same as I do.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hfUzoRMSocs
>Inb4 fuck off shill
Not my video.

agreed, too much hype for psych-shit.

Batman is suposed to be a fucking detective, not a japanese-emo-adventurer-mindless-fuck as all those games where the girl is weating her pants every scene where gasper comes in.

OP, Batman needs to be set in an alternate universe where Gotham City is where New York should be. It's the 1940's, post WWII. Gotham is filled with Gothic/Victorian/Art Deco architecture. Great wealth and squalor. Gangsters and super crazies fight for control, politicians and the police are corrupt. A masked monster stalks the streets, dishing out justice/vengeance. The whole movie takes place from the point of view of the criminals/cops/politicians being targeted and set against each other. All anyone knows is that a bat shaped creature with glowing white eyes is out there. We don't learn who it is until the end. Batman needs to be Horror!!!FACT!!!

Fuck off back to Sup Forums with your grade school level insults you projecting homo maximus. I remember when you faggots were going on about "arugula" and "Dijon mustard". You suck on Trumps nuts and he's an elitist who conned you fucking simpletons into financing his lifestyle while he's Putins bitch and sells out the USA. In closing, eat shit you inbred hick!!!FACT!!!

Crispin Glover would have made for an incredible Joker. Troy Baker, who did his voice for Arkham Origins, would also be a great choice!!!FACT!!! youtu.be/-l4IghDNzW4 youtu.be/pAn49oUtHJE

your opinion is worthless

Also, get rid of the mouth hole and make the eyes glowing!!!FACT!!!

Triggered

This is the first quality post i have EVER seen you post.
>FACT!
kek

> the dark knight returns (not central but their scenes together really are the pinnacle of their relationship, thanks based miller)

>Arkham Asylum is the only batman story that properly "gets" the Joker and Batmans relationship

>80 years of Batman comics, but this story from 1989 is the only one who "gets it".

Utter nonsense. These stories and characters change and evolve over time. There is no "definitive" version, and if we would try to look for it, Arkham Asylum would not be anywhere close, as it is on the totally outer fringes of what a Batman comic usualy looks like.

Always thought this should have been Mr. Freeze. Even the color palette is blue!!!FACT!!!

Carrey should have got an Oscar for The Truman Show!!!FACT!!!

Morrison is good though

This, desu. Batman can be many things, and the comics have pretty much delve into it all. Horror, sci-fi, medieval fantasy, time-travel, psychodrama, romcom, etc, you name it, there's one Batman comic that's done it

Morrison believes that all the Batman stories, no matter how opposite in tone or mutually exclusive, should be considered as canon, so he writes both serious and complex Batman as well as goofy and fun.

You dumb fucking child.