Is who wants to be a millionaire just a game of luck?

I mean, there's 33.34% chance of being right unless the person happen to know the answer, and lifelines can only get you so far into the game.

Let's say there are 15 questions with 4 choices each. Let's also say there are 3 lifelines: call-a-friend, 50-50, and ask-the-audience.

For each of the 15 questions, there is only 1 correct answer, and 3 incorrect answers, so immediately your chances are 1/3 = 33.34%. You can use each lifeline once. Using phone-a-friend, let's say gives you a 95% chance the person you call is correct. So 1 question is 95%. Similarly, we can say ask-the-audience gives you a 95% chance. Finally, 50-50 will remove 2 wrong answers, so you have 1 right answer and 1 wrong answer, so you basically know the answer. To recap:

Question 1: 33.34%
Question 2: 33.34%
Question 3: 33.34%
Question 4: 95%

>cough

>there's 33.34% chance of being right
retard

Love this pasta, glad it's getting around again

Thats not how you add percentages at all user

you're a fucking idiot

you got 25%, 1 of 4 answers is correct

I'm already bored of this neo-meme.

This triggered me so hard the first time I saw it

This is wonderful.

>Finally,50-50 will remove 2 wrong answers so you have 1 right answer and 1 wrong answer, so you basically know the answer
Wtf?

jesus christ op

>I mean, there's 33.34% chance of being right
I missed this pasta

>I mean, there's 33.34% chance of being right
Well, considering you can unusually eliminate two answers, it's usually higher than that, so it's not that unfair.

kek love this

it's not a game bro it's real life

>Using phone-a-friend, let's say gives you a 95% chance the person you call is correct
If they have a 95% chance, over your 33.34% chance, why not sell them your slot on the show for half of the inevitable winnings?

I actually won it. Therefore my chances of being right were 100%, no?

because in exchange for being 95% correct on one answer they're 15% correct on all of the others

Are you Gavin Free?

>haha, im bad at math guys!!!! XD