Where were you when Kenneth Branagh singlehandedly saved 2017 by giving us Poirotkino?

Where were you when Kenneth Branagh singlehandedly saved 2017 by giving us Poirotkino?

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/murder-on-the-orient-express-sequel/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw Sup Forums doesn'tappreciate the literal FOTY
y tho

>singlehandedly saved 2017
Bladerunner

it has like a 60% on rt

>Implying that the forced sequel snoozefest is superior to Poirotkino
Please.

Nobody knows who Branagh is. Most mainstream audiences will just know him as the goofy guy from The Chamber of Secrets. But when he dies everyone will realise and claim that he was one of the greatest Kino-men of all time

>Listening to (((critics)))
That nigress curclejerk has 92%, your point being?
They prolly didn't have it in the budget to pay off the critics, nor the virtue signalling faggotry of other movies.

True, Branagh is criminally underrated. Earlier this year I went to a 70mm showing of Hamlet, it was glorious to say the least, and I'm not even much into Shakespeare.

branagh was in chamber of secrets? i wasn't aware, then again I watched it many years ago when i didn't even know who he was.

LOVE branagh but MOTOE was really bland. I've never seen the other movie or read the book so I don't know if it was just the story, but the film totally lost me after the first half hour

I really liked Orient Express and Lucy Boynton was cute as the countess

and a follow-up is in the works

>The Hollywood Reporter reveals that Michael Green, who wrote the Orient Express script, and director/star Kenneth Branagh will return for Death on the Nile. The novel, published in 1937, once again features Agatha Christie’s gloriously mustached detective character Hercule Poirot as he becomes embroiled in yet another mystery.

slashfilm.com/murder-on-the-orient-express-sequel/

>great actor
>great director
>values 70mm kinography
This is now a Kenneth Branagh appreciation thread.

>moar poirotkino in the works
Awwwww yisssss
I hope he keeps shooting on 70mm. The man is absolutely BASED

Really? Huh. Then don't watch the Sydney Lumet version, it's much blander than this one.

At a glance, I'm not convinced he's better than David Suchet.

I thought exactly the opposite. Agatha Christie adaptations often have suffered from being too bland, even despite all-star casts. I found Branagh did an amazing job in adapting the story dynamically and with good rhythm, while staying true to the story. The last 10 minutes gave me literal goosebumps, he really nailed the very point that the story makes. The 70s vrrsion failed at just that imo

So should I watch this while it’s still in theaters?

He really is. Hands down bestest Poirot ever.

He isn't.
>ridiculous moustache
>over the top accent

Yes. This film is made to be seen on the big screen. And if you're in burgerland and can find a 70mm showing even better.

Was Branagh a good Poirot? I haven't watched anything to compare it to.

>>ridiculous moustache
Top pleb doesn't know that it's supposed to be over the top and ridiculous. It's literally in the book. Christie herself said that the one thing she disliked about the Lumet version was the too small mustache.

Best Poirot, superior to Finney, Sutchet and Ustinov.

>branagh blackwashed the character so that daisy can get BLACKED in the film

why are brits such cucks?

He did a nice Mozart's magic flute adaptation.

Just saw it, lame, agatha christie by numbers.

Pretty visuals but nah

also his moustash is fucking bizzare

I fucking adore his Henry V, good to see he's getting more publicity this year.

kys pleb

It was fucking shit

Ill stick to the tried and true thank you.

he pacing and thrill sucked the agathiw christie book puts you on the edge more than this movie ever did it was boring to watch

How do you pronounce his lastname?
t. someone from a non english speaking country

I just watched this movie tonight and it fucking sucked. Good cinematography, but straight shit script writing and poor acting. It was lame as hell.

Po-ah-ro

Cuckold movie

A true patrician choice.

>mfw the stabbing scene felt like a comedy
>mfw he couldn't help himself and gave into the Dutch Angles again
>mfw he couldn't help himself AGAIN and forgot that movies use a different kind of pacing and internal than plays
>mfw he had plotholes out the ass and weak motivations that bordered into the realm of incredulity
>mfw it was still really comfy though

I meant Branagh. Poirot is obvious.

Is it Branaaa or Branag?

suchet is a pleb choice

patricians watch Ustinov

Branaaa

He's my favorite Iago.

It was crap.

YMS gave it a 1/10, i wish he'd make a review on why

WHATS HE THAT WISHES SO

>Branagh
>anything close to Poirotkino
That well had already been thoroughly drained by David Suchet.

Just bought Brannagh's Hamlet on Amazon Video, is it as good as I've heard it is?

Is this virtue signaling for contrarians?

>virtue signaling
Blocking ur posts from now on

It's a shame he didn't make it his life's mission to create big budget unabridged Shakespeare. His Hamlet was by far the best Hamlet ever filmed.

He just really hates star wars and wanted one of his manservants to beat Boyega to the punch. He wasn't about to touch her. She's already been dirtied up by niggers.

>Where were you when Kenneth Branagh singlehandedly saved 2017 by giving us Poirotkino?
in front of my PC watching it RIGHT NOW

my mom likes branagh and murder on the orient express and even she disliked the movie.

>poirot
>english

It was Ridley getting BLACKED she didn't like.
A lot of older women will watch old style shit like that to get away from modern bullshit.

he didn't even make the best Thor kino