What are the best movies about Ancient Egypt ?

What are the best movies about Ancient Egypt ?

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPP

T H I C C

The Prince of Egypt
The Mummy 1
The Mummy 2
The original Mummy

Nothing else is good, but there are at least a lot of funny-bad movies.

Literally every movie about ancient Egypt is either a biblical tale or about mummies.
There's Agora, I guess. I didn't really care for it.

>no movie about Ramesses II

Sorry, but there isn't a lot of good stuff, it's my cup of tea. Mostly are trash, but have my list anyway:
NOTE not everything is about 'ancient' egypt, but everything is egypt-related.
If know more, let me know too.

Animated:
Asterix and Cleopatra 1968
The Prince of Egypt

Live-action:
10,000BC
Alien vs Predator
Asterix & Obelix: Mission Cleopatra
Belphegor, Phantom of the Louvre
Cleopatra (1963)
The Egyptian (1954)
Exodus: Gods and Kings
Fifth Element
Gods of Egypt (THIS IS PURE SHIT!)
Immortal
Land of the Pharaohs (1955)
Lucifer Rising (obscure short movie)
Nefertiti, Queen of the Nile
Pharaoh (1966)
Riders of the Lost Ark (Indiana Jones)
Spy Who Loved Me
Stargate
Tales from the Darkside: The Movie
The Ten Commandments (1956)
Transformers 2 Revenge of the Fallen
X-Men: Apocalypse

Night of Counting Years (1969)

and more, specified for Mummy movies, so:
Original Universal:
1932 Mummy
>Kharis series reboot
1940 Mummy Hand
1942 Mummy Tomb
1944 Mummy Ghost
1944 Mummy Curse
>parody of above
1955 Abbot and Costello meet Mummy

Hammer Films:
>reboot/remake
1959 Mummy
1964 Curse of Mummy Tomb
1967 Mummy Shroud
1971 Blood from Mummy Tomb

Other:
1973 The Cat Creature
1980 The Awakening
1981 Dawn of the Mummy
1993 Mummy Lives
1998 Tale of Mummy
2014 Pyramid
2014 Mummy Ressurected

Universal (Brendan series and spinoffs)
1999 Mummy
2001 Mummy Returns
>Non-Egyptian mummy:
2008 Dragon Emperor
>king scorpion spinoffs 1-4

Universal Dark Universe
2017 Mummy

Tupac: Resurrection

DAMN THE SPHINX LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?!?!

WE

Is that all the Sphinx is? It looks shit.

looks like a black guy DESU

Look at this colorized picture and tell me with a straight fucking face that the sphinx was originally built with this shitty looking head

wtf is this from Ass Creed?

WAS

KANGS

OF GAEMS

>ass creed
It was probably a dogs head before

Barabbas in the sulfur mines was pretty close.

>original
No.

No it's a Real Life Photo taken on the Sony™ Play Station™ 4™ PRO™.

Why do you have this ready? Or are you OP and just wanted to recommend some Egyptian movies?

there is also the possibility of it being a lion

wouldn't its nose have snapped off?

The brother is right tho, not about the white part but he isn't a real Egyptian. Modern Egyptians are a bunch of Arabs, Ancient Egyptians were black

not OP, just started similar thread few months ago, this is collection of all suggestions

why the long face

Jesus Christ is this because these faggots were switching pantheons of main gods every fucking time that a new dynasty came to power?

The Sphinx really is fascinating.

>Ancient Egyptians were black
u so funny

das rite

I'm not making it up. Egyptians were the same race as Ancient Greeks (during most of the time they were even part of the same Kingdom), which were also black

WE WUZ

das rite brotha

ok, stop trolling now.
KANGZ

dat ass

At what point in history did they become sub 70 IQ ape men with no achievements?

There are different kind of blacks, we aren't all the same

Those "apes" you are talking about became dumb because of Islam

Copts are the closest thing to true Egyptians, they didn't mix with Arabs or Mameluke because of their religion, they didn't even mix with Greeks because of the different Christian sects and the historical separation of Ptolemaic Egypt.

The word Copt itself is from a Greek word for the native inhabitants of Egypt. And until the 17th century they spoke a dialect of Ancient Egyptian. In fact we can read hieroglyphics in part because of the Coptic Christians who immigrated to Paris following Napoleon's invasion.

In short, Egyptians are not and were not black. And Rami Malek is Coptic, ie Egyptian ie not an Arab.

>greeks were black
I've heard it all now

Nothing happened to the egyptians, it's the same as the Germanic invasion of Britain. The culture changed but the ethnic population stayed largely the same.

Plato, one of the fathers of philosophy and modern western thinking was black

You seem to know your shit. Any books on Ancient Egypt that you'd recommend?

It's because Egypt is very, very, very old. We are closer to the times of Jesus right now than he was to the construction of the Giza pyramids. Another thing: the pyramids were originally encased with very bright and polished white limestone that got plundered and damaged over centuries.

Imagine being an European around the 3rd century before christ and visiting Egypt and you see them big ass shits that are already 3000 years old

Fucking this up. Should've gone with Socrates, since he was Plato's teacher (stupid whites get educated by wise blacks), didn't write shit because didn't care about that, got arrested for being too woke, died a martyr because fucking white tried to suppress him.

That isn't even Egypt, bitch.

We wuz also mayan and shit

Oh man if that were true, the pyramids got 10x cooler

>WE WUZ MEXICANS

You never knew that? You know that this website is 18+ only, right?

you should have said Olmec

Nothing really comes to mind. I haven't read anything about ancient Egypt in like 10 years. What are you looking for? A decent overview?

Well, if this is a "renovation" then this is like asking Rublev to re-paint your fucking Sistine Chapel because Michelangelo's got to bleak. Is there a reason why it became this JUST or they didn't care and that's it?

>What are you looking for? A decent overview?
Yes. I always hear fascinating tidbits about them.

The Pyramids were tombs, not temples. After the dynasties changed the state wasn't putting in money to upkeep them, or even place guards to stop people from looting. They had other things to fund, and build.

I know the Sphinx got buried in sand and like hundreds of years later a pharaoh decided to dig it out and restore it.

It is true. The is still some slightly left over on the top of the largest one. It's honestly amazing that there is anything left at of something that old. Think of everything that has been constructed and lost over time, but those huge monuments have been sitting there forever. The remaining ancient Egyptian material is beyond priceless.

> The Pyramids were tombs
That's what they want you to think.

You know it's not that ancient, it's a lie to get more tourism. Stuff in egypt is like 500 years MAX

Recommend some reads for someone who knows nothing about Egypt

Lol'd

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theatres

wokepill

The Oxford History of Ancient Egypt
The Rise and Fall of Ancient Egypt