Does anybody else hope that The Last Jedi fucking sucks...

Does anybody else hope that The Last Jedi fucking sucks? I want it to be such absolute bullshit that even the most obedient Disney drones have to admit that Star Wars needs to die.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/7fgtvb/til_that_years_before_she_was_famous_keira/dqbwewh/?utm_content=permalink&utm_medium=front&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=todayilearned
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that will never happen

>I want it to be such absolute bullshit that even the most obedient Disney drones have to admit that Star Wars needs to die

So you are waiting for the Han Solo Movie

if star wars survived the prequels literally nothing can kill it

Prequels extended the universe via other media salvaging some parts of lucas shit plus EU content was still produced (Jedi Knight Series)

With Disney EU Content is gone and no longer produced, Video Games are shit thanks to the EA deal, Books are crap, TV show is so bad it finally got cancelled and the merch is rotting in the stores

The only good thing left is the music

>The only good thing left is the music
Nu Star Wars music is bland, generic garbage.

no one actually cares about the EU except autists though; LucasArts wasn't even profitable, considering its failure. the Star Wars franchise is driven by the films, and they'll continue to make money. It's too big to fail at this point.

EA will probably lose the license once the current deal expires and we may eventually get good games again.

If it does suck, I'll be sad. No one really wins.

Where are all the spoilers for this movie? By this time in 2015 we knew the entire plot of TFA pretty much scene by scene.

Are you retarded? The only thing Last Jedi underperforming will do is get Rian Johnson fired from that "new trilogy" thing. It's not like Disney will ever stop with Star Wars; they'll just get somebody else.

TFA was absolute shite, it lookled like parody and was very insulting to the fans and to George. The fact that legions of nu-males are looking forward to this movie means that whatever schlock Disney is pulling, they're still watching.

>It's too big to fail at this point

Nothing is too big. Yes it will print money i am aware of this but they already cheapened the brand and shit will get worse with their yearly movie crap

>EA will probably lose the license once the current deal expires and we may eventually get good games again.

I think they got another exclusive deal for at least another five years + 2-3 year of dev time for another company to create a worthwhile game

>Star Wars franchise is driven by the films

It was always driven by merchandise sales and those are tanking.

Thats what happens when your leads are a unlikeable cunt and full on nigger who sticks out more than the aliens

why couldn't lucas just sold the rights for 6 movies and a percentage of the merchandise to disney?
did he really had to sold it entirely? with lucasarts and all?

No, this is what happens when you put women in charge of something that's sold 90% to males

because the man was burned out on all the bullshit he got and chose his new family over star wars

Because he was tired of people shitting on him all the time.

He deserved all of it though. He's a nice guy and has good ideas, but he's a terrible director.

>hope
it already sucks though

women are a cancer on everything they touch but the cucks who support/defend their bullshit are even worse

It's no wonder you have no friends.

>He deserved all of it though
At some point enough is enough and there is no denying that with the RLM shit a whole generation of internet critics was born constantly picking on the low hanging fruit

For some old timer like george this must have been pure horror. Not excusing his bullshit just saying hes a human like the rest of us

lucasarts was a defunct company years before the sale dood

Disney wanted Lucasfilm and if they were going to spend billions to acquire the license you bet they wanted new movies out of it

The Prequels were good though.

Nah the music sucks too

>memes have caused people to unironically think this

then just license to make 6 movies, why sold it forever? it was his

they aren't, by any standard. They are poorly made on a fundamental, basic level of filmmaking. Even if you belief Disney Wars is the most blase level of corporate filmmaking, at least they are well made, mechanically sound motion pictures.

The prequels have some of the worst, most sterile direction of any big budget blockbusters of the past 20 years

The prequels were more memorable and unique than Disney Star Wars

TFA sold on the hype alone and made a worldwide gross of over 2 billion i dont see this happening with last jedi but it will perform better than rogue one who made only" 1 billion total because lukes back

What i cant see break the billion mark is the Han Solo movie unless it gets saved by some miracle of editing.

I love Star Wars. I hope this movie is trash and under performs.

but really, disney destroyed the old eu forever, we will never get a battlefront games with tales of the jedi for example, or a galaxy at war with revan
never
and for what? to make a young han solo movie? this is fucking depressing

Rogue One was better than every single prequel.

Prequels were top tier for toys and shit though. All the designs were amazing.

Honestly we need a prequel reboot, remake it with the same ship designs etc but rewrite the cringe dialogue and remove jar jar.

Good question.

>at least they are well made, mechanically sound motion pictures

Who are so generic and forgettable they dont stand out in any regards compared to the rest

How?

No, make Jar Jar Plagueis like he was supposed to be.

Memorable for how terrible they are. Sheev posting doesn't make the movie good.

terrible but people still talk and joke about it. no one talks about TFA or R1 despite a new movie coming out next month

>He still buys the hate prequels meme
Or
>He's a boomer

As a kid the prequels expanded my mind, I literally still tear up when I hear Anakin and Padmé's love theme, even though I know the dialogue is shite. I was enchanted.

With the new series there is none of the fantasy, the dimension and the innocence of the prequels.

Thank you George Lucas for having a vision. Fuck you for giving it away to that corporate turd Disney

And in your retarded mind, a bland, generic, forgettable Marvel movie disguised as Star Wars is somehow better?

God yes. Although if TFA didn't stop it in it's tracks and end it nothing will.
Redditfags and those alike will eat up the gutless nostalgia pandering like it's candy

Bump

It'll be saved if Rey turns to the dark side, and isn't redeemed. Then all of her Mary Sue shit would have some kind of purpose.

I am always surprised to see old fucks whine about the prequels but not hate on the sequels when they are much more destructive of the OT

>I was a child so I liked the prequels

Normal people can admit they enjoy the memories of seeing the movie in theaters with dad while acknowledging they're not very well made films

I can't understand it either. So it's better to just wholesale copy a movie and all of it's cinematic beats and designs instead of being creative? People wanted Star Wars to be like the OT, but I don't think they meant remakes.

no matter what they do with rey it will always be shit and damage control to the mary sue shit they created. its not like anyone cares either at this point they failed to sell her as the new face of star wars

the prequels aren't creative and are just as derivative as the sequels are, it's just that their attempts at fanservice entirely fell flat because the movies were complete rubbish

you can't tell me the boba fett army was genuine creative expression and not something that was motivated by toy sales and the popularity of the character in the fandom outside of the universe's own context

i know lucas wrote his own version of the sequels but they should have never done a sequel trilogy in a time frame of where the OT characters are still alive because it ruined people head canons that in some cases were there for 40 years

>the prequels aren't creative

this is wrong because the movies set up most of the world building we saw EU and other media content extend upon pre Disney buyout

yes? i didn’t think anyone here who values culture wanted this shit to drag on any longer

who the fuck cares? No one actually gives a shit about wookiepedia autism. What matters is the inherent quality of the FILM.

and you still dodged the point about the Boba Fett army completely

>this thing I don't consume is somehow impacting my ability to enjoy culture

think you might have a weird flaw in your approach to life

Hey guys, new here! Just saw this thread on my frontpage and was wondering if you could weigh in with your thoughts! Was suggested to come here and get input, big Star Wars fans, right?

Thanks! Here's the link:
reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/7fgtvb/til_that_years_before_she_was_famous_keira/dqbwewh/?utm_content=permalink&utm_medium=front&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=todayilearned

Tits or gtfo

The fact that you even care about this outs you as a cinematic idiot who's almost certainly never watched Breathless and worships at the altar of Jay and Mike, Bipartate God of the Plebs.

hey thanks Disney i love how you guys hired a bunch of known predators and you put degeneracy and moral relativism and love of consumerism in your products, i mean your films. Hey thanks for taking a shit on my childhood memories and letting predators near your products hahahahahahaha

Why does it bother you so much OP

>being upset that a thing is popular

Why not just watch something you do like instead of complaining?

I totally get why Mike hates his fans.

>Breathless
The Godard film? Yeah I've seen it. What about it?