Thor Ragnarok

This was surprisingly entertaining. There was something oddly comfy about having a fantasy character navigate a heavily sci-fi setting, both from a story standpoint and visually.

I'd say the weakest part of the movie was pic related tho. Not for Sup Forums-reasons, people definitely overreacted about the black thing since she's just a member of the Valkyries, they never really specify which. She just wasn't very believable as tough/capable as they hype the Valkyries up to be.

As for quips, the only one that stuck out to me as unnecessary was when Loki went "that's how that feels!" I think it would have been better to just have him cheer at that part, since most folks already picked up on the reference it was just kinda redundant.

She isnt believable as anything...just as awful in Westworld.

I thought she was pretty good. I really liked tha she was a drunk.

She's so sexy. I just wanted to facefuck her the whole time I was watching this.

Most people aren't as smart as you and need the joke to be explained in order for them to laugh.

The acting and set/costume design in this movie triggered me. Everyone felt like they weren't really giving a shit.

Bitch was an obvious stand-in for Sif, who didn't return because I'm assuming schedule issues.

I loved the set design. I'm glad they went this vibrant retro vibe instead of generic sci-fi shiny everything.

She was too white for a return. Feige said less white people in Marvel movies.

I'm fine with it just cause that flashback was really cool.

Its one of the more asthetically pleasing movies I've seen this year.

to bad for the "humor" that was in every scene

Hela was underwritten and her motivations didn't make a lot of sense. The worst quip moment was Thor swinging on the chain at the start though, by far.

Honestly it's Watiti's style. I'd rather have this than something decided in a board-room meeting. It permeates the movie a little too much, but at least they stuck to it as the defining tone. Meanwhile other marvel movies headed by no-names hide behind quips for humor, and pretend their capeshit movies are serious if not for that.

i find her cute even though she likes like she has downs

BASED
I missed you

The film was actually more serious than people led me to believe.

Waititi overdoes the jokes here and there but the backstory of Odin and Hela was interesting.

Hulk speaking worked well, and Goldblum was fucking gold.

Art direction and set design was great.

What bothered me was how she looked. Awful hairstyle and outfits. Made her look like a fucking potato and she looked like a dumpy drunk girl on halloween in a cheap costume. Her shit designs made me hate her, but she was otherwise fine.

What bothered me the most is the fact that she's a nigger

I liked the scenes which showed her history.

The confrontation with Thor was good until it was undermined by the "you're the worst" line.

The set design eas easily the best part

t. glorifies savages

Loved the movie, very entertaining and surprisingly funny.

Black valkyrie was the worst thing about the whole thing. Partially because she can't act and was awful. partially because there were no black valkyries and she was forced in to check off a diversity box.

Other than her great fucking movie. Great effects, visuals, and really good synth soundtrack as well.

Fuck you sean murray

Her "drunk" acting was so bad

nigga get your eyes checked out

>Everyone felt like they weren't really giving a shit.
Thor: Ragnarok in a nutshell.

Post yfw
>What were you the god of again?

Asgard is already multiracial so no one should have been surprised at a black valkyrie. It's just that she wasn't very good.

Hero flicks are allowed to go the humor route so long as they're actually funny, thich T:R was.

>Kicks Thor's ass
>Kicks Loki's ass
>Calms Hulk down
>Ace Pilot as a drunk
>Gives no shits
>Literally no faults
Why are writers so afraid to give women characters faults and problems? And no, her '''''''''drunkenness'''''''''' wasn't a fault when she can literally turn into a ninja and take down 325235252352 guys while drunk.

it seemed they really went full blown flash gordon with the art direction

>Odin and Hela backstory was interesting
this so much, I'd fucking watch a movie about both of them conquering the 9 realms and an WHAT IF story where in Odin doesn't pussy out and goes all in and conquers everything with Hela

not to be Sup Forums-tier but a few moments with Hela the writing was trying to dig at Trump (I think she punctuates a thought with 'sad!' at one point), which was unnecessary

Alcoholism is a fault, as are indifference to and complicity in acts of evil, of which she is guilty on both counts, condeming who knows how many innocent people to death in the arena or death by the melt stick.

Nah, Kirby

You really have to be looking specifically to be annoyed by shit like this, the main point of her arc was her overcoming her past trauma. She's as flawed as the rest of the characters. The only reason she beat Thor was because he was literally tied up

>I think she punctuates a thought with 'sad!' at one point
Trump didn't invent that.

Tessa thread

Not trolling, I hated this movie and I have no idea how it got rated so highly. One of those "it's capeshit but it's better than usual, so relatively speaking we'll give it a 70%" I could understand even if I disagree with the rating. But all the insane praise is so wtf

>You really have to be looking specifically to be annoyed by shit like this
It was in your face. Did you even see the movie?

> the main point of her arc was her overcoming her past trauma
Hardly developed, much like any other thing this movie threw at us.

>She's as flawed as the rest of the characters.
Oh, her kill count was 3542352352. I guess she needed another 32423423523523 to be considered flawed.

>The only reason she beat Thor was because he was literally tied up
Nah because she's strunk wimmin who take nos hit from cis whitey scum

no shit, but the way she used it definitely felt like a reference

Are you kidding me? The quips were pretty bad, my dude. At least in GotG, which everybody ripped into for its quips at the time, the characters actually all have distinct personalities and styles of humour. In Ragnarok it felt like half the quips were just sarcastic "Well THIS situation is like THIS" style jokes because the characters themselves aren't funny, so thet just comment on whats going on in front of them without any real punchline.

And don't get me started on the two Kiwi aliens. That was one of the cringiest things I've seen on screen. DUDE BEACHED AS BRO LMAO

bad meme

Gee, I wonder who created this image?

>defending pagans any year

Was she casting couch?

She's not that pretty. She's not smoking hot. Her role could have literally been played by anyone. Brought nothing to the character.

Probably the most forgettable character in the movie? Can you remember any line she spoke?

I hate how they turned Asgard into DC's New Genesis.

Why is Heimdall black?

Don't Gods from other pantheons have their own worlds and realms?

Idris Elba could have easily been saved for Black Panther or Blade.

christians?

That religion the Jews created for gentiles, yes.

>more than than led to believe
this is actually a big pain point of the movie. I don't even know why they are trying to go full muh people, the black dude in the city trying to save random fags is awfully boring. The witch should've made more quips instead of being a deadpan virgin warrior who seemingly can't retain herself from magically invoking her stupid war hat

that's tv's shit taste for you. i hate this fucking place

mother of fuck why do you type like that

No, Sup Forums calls bad movies good (ie. BvS), not good movies good (T:R).

if they had made a viking-ish flash gordon scifi shit it'd be nice, but ultimately the scenario was pretty cheap and unimaginative