Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FX2WDZtzu84
youtu.be/E1DBf1cIuDQ
youtu.be/XcQDrfhyNvA
youtu.be/7Ttx0oDJUf0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You're getting old
It's still better than most TV though

when matt stone and trey parker got old, it's when they thought saying something in a funny voice and repeating it for a full episode counted as entertainment which thankfully aligned with the animation style/kids swearing/edgy style wearing thin

im only 21 dude.

Probably season 12 or 13, I loved the first two seasons the most because it felt like its own thing instead of relying on current events all the time. SP relies on them like The Simpsons rely on celeb cameos and both became bland and unfunny.

so when chef left?

That's the episode name

Each season was of consistent quality right up until they started doing seasonal arcs.

>no more random episodes like the mexican staring frog of southern sri lanka
>WHAT IF DONALD TRUMP? for an entire season

This, even though some seasons had stinker episodes, they had a good balance going and even the worst season could produce a GOAT episode.

The focus on running plotlines has made the past three seasons suck ass, and this one manages to be even worse because they're hedging their bets and half assing the whole thing. The only good episode this entire season was the Tweek one.

When Matt and Trey realizes they can make money without putting in any effort and just making seasons revolving around whatever curremt event happened that week.

When they started voicing opinions that I disagree with

South Park was never good and you know it.
It's a phase everyone goes through of "liking it" until they hit a certain age and realize they never really laugh

dont mind me, just posting the best south park intro
youtube.com/watch?v=FX2WDZtzu84

Bullshit. There are plenty of episodes that have remained evergreen in their humor.

season 11

[Spoiler]after they made the film

I couldn't tell you exactly when, but I dislike the seasons that have an overarching theme running through them.

Also, I do like Randy, but I don't think he should be thrust as a big character in so many episodes.

Season 10 forward.
I remember thinking the anime episode was great at the time but it felt peculiar. Looking back I probably had realized it marked something of a departure from old clunky south park. the cartman gets an anal probe rehash episode "Earth" also aged like shit. I get that its probably intentionally schlocky but that doesn't make it any better. Goldblum was funny though.

Everything after season 4 is a downhill slope

Peaked at around 6 to 10, declined slowly from there.

Season 19 and 20 because the plot arcs did not
work at all. Before that every season had good episodes.
21 is better.
These two are my favorites:
youtu.be/E1DBf1cIuDQ
youtu.be/XcQDrfhyNvA
South Park has never had a bad intro though, unlike a lot of shows. Season 21 had a really good unique one. youtu.be/7Ttx0oDJUf0

When Obama won.

When Kenny stopped being one of the main characters

Everything after the Halloween episode was top notch, reminded me of the old seasons.
Jack and Crack!

So season 6?

after 6, but only because it's their best season

to be fair, what else could they have done with kenny? killing him every episode could only be funny for so long. him being mysterion was genius tho

When it first aired in 1997.

>and realize they never really laugh
Wow, I never thought about it that way. You've opened my eyes. I never actually liked South Park. In fact, I hate it! >:(

It didn't. It's just that Sup Forums hates the idea of SP experimenting and trying new concepts, and would rather them regurgitate the same jokes about Cartman eating cheesy poofs or Stan vomiting on Wendy again and again. Whenever somebody says "I want more episodes where the kids act like kids again!", they deliberately ignore any actual kids being kids episodes recently, and really mean they just want to rewatch season 1 ad nauseum. Because it's familiar, and Sup Forums generally hates the unfamiliar.

but reddit hates the newer seasons to

>using reddit to back up your case

just saying... you made the claim that only Sup Forums thinks it shit

This. He's had good episodes not based on dying too, like the Poor Kid and City Part of Town. And when he does die it's a fun surprise, like in the put it down song.
What he needs is one episode without the hood to get everyone to stop bitching about him having no development.

first 3 seasons are best 3 seasons.

Shit opinion. Best seasons are 6 through 8.

for me Humancentipad was a big moment. the show had been past its golden era for a while (5 to 9 imo) but it had been consistently good and I had always looked forward to them, 10 to 14 was a fun and creative era of the show. but that was a bad episode and marked the start of the spottiest era (15 to 17). I think 18 onwards has been somewhat of a return to form though

so are you a child then?

Season 5. Warning signs as early as season 4. And it's a shame because I love seasons 1-3 (granted the first three or so episodes of season 1 were not too good)

the first half of season 10

I re-watched the entire show recently and honestly it doesn't really decline, it stays a similar quality I just found it less funny in general. I forgot how most of the humour is just pandering to edgy teenagers.

The Simpsons turned out pretty great when I watched it again at 28 though

>Scott Tenorman Must Die (S05E04)
>Trapped in the Closet (S09E12)

while these are fantastic episodes i've always felt like they both really marked the SP's slow decline after Season 4 for different reasons, the show just felt different after them

overall it's pretty great up until Season 12 though

Yes

After Chef left and they just started regurgitating last week's news until it became pure satire instead of a regular TV show.

Happy Days is to: Jumped the Shark as

South Park is to: the death of Chef.

Since the episodical season started in 2014 with the lorde bullshit

It actually got better with the most recent season. With the exception of one or two stinkers.

I actually really enjoyed that season.

3rd season I believe when viewership dropped lower than 10 million