Peggy Olson

Did anyone else find her annoying?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IIDvYVjkkts
youtube.com/watch?v=aXiaSovLtEY
youtube.com/watch?v=_5-rdAqVsbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FFYjbM9KZsY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes, I hated how everyone was trying to fuck her too, suspense of disbelief can only go so far

More like Piggy Whoreson amirite fellas

I didn’t mind that because they saw her as the ‘new girl’ and it was more about the competition than her looks. I just think she becomes an insufferable cunt when she starts doing real work, snapping at everyone for no reason and acting like she’s better than everyone else

personally i liked her a great deal.she was an interesting capable woman who nonetheless had numerous flaws and insecurities and was really well drawn and exactly how a strong woman should be portrayed in a way that doesn't trigger my autism

i like that she's kinda funny looking too. if she was super hot it wouldn't fit the character at all. she's cute and that's enough

Well, yeah, she was written to be annoying. Don was basically a proxy for the audience yelling at her in response to her constant bitching about how little respect she has.

OMG YES this actress is literally the most annoying, grating, ugly human I've ever seen in my life. I almost committed suicide when I was bombarded with ads for that Maiden's Tale or whatever and she's literally the reason I stopped watching Mad Men.

>she’s cute
niggawhat.jpeg

At times, yes. But that's what I liked about the show, most of the characters had both positive and negative traits. Everybody was pretty well rounded.

same thing is happening in The Handmaid's Tale

She was the villain of the show, you weren't supposed to like her.

>this was attractive in the 60s

I want her to "peggy" me if you know what I'm saying

I thought Joan was a better “strong woman” character. She knew when to speak up for herself and when to be polite unlike Peggy who perceived every little thing to be some sort of personal attack. Above anything else though, Joan knew where she was in the social hierarchy and how to game the system/leverage herself. Peggy just immediately thought she was hot shit as soon as she started pitching.

It is pointed out by multiple charaters that she is ugly

i think they're both great
they both seem like real people with real strengths and weaknesses rather than bland mary sues which is one of mad men''s strengths

Joan also had the benefit of experience, she understood office politics and male egos. Peggy was inexperienced and idealistic, so things like that frustrated and confused her. Peggy definitely grew a lot from the first to the last season, though. Her and Pete probably had the most complete arcs of any of the characters.

>THATS WHAT THE MONEY'S FOR

Loved Don right there

Her character was important to the story that was being told. That much is true.

I can’t say I disagree with you there

20 replies and no lewds. You disappoint me, Sup Forums.

She has some pretty nice jewbs

While there are many things wrong with what you just said, I’ll just point out this this is a blue board and will ask you politely yet firmly to leave

Overall she was okay, like most of the characters she had good and bad to her. I found her kind of annoying and bitchy in general, especially considering her success was essentially down to luck.

I agree and I actually think Joan was really fucked over for most of her working time. Her job was harder than Peggy's and she had to sacrifice far more for far less prestige and recognition; she also struck me as a lot more intelligent and hard working. The unfortunate reality was Joan was hampered by her looks because nobody could take her seriously while Peggy, being a lot more plain, was non-threatening and non-distracting enough to be accepted.

superb delivery of that line

>she cheated on her husband and acted smug so shes "strong"
hate this meme

and rightfully so
it literally stunned me to find out that she isnt jewish

>considering her success was essentially down to luck.

>In the corporate world...in the 60's.

She got fucked literally and figuratively and was savvy enough to turn those extremely sour lemons into lemonade.

Peggy Olson made me like Elisabeth Moss even though she's a crazy Scientologist.

Your autism is showing

What specifically did you like about her character?

>le autism!
epic argument my brainlet friend

It’s happening again

How do you miss the point by this much?

post best ad man

I liked Cyril Figgis

please elucidate me

when I first viewed the show I found her annoying, a mouth piece for SJW's but on my second viewing I saw some maybe better writing in there. She is a woman who doesn't want to conform, its not about woman conforming but the idea in general. Sitting there looking at the whole picture and trying to poke at it because you don't want to fit in or you don't. Many people like this exist and its an interesting perspective because of how strict the culture was back then.

I don't know about best, but my favorite will always be Stan.
I do hate that they actually shipped Stan and Peggy, though. They were great as work friends, outside the Inner Circle and sticking together for mutual benefit.
They're just wrong as a couple, though. Like Ted and Robin wrong.

I meant Peggy's success was down to luck. She made that comment about the lipstick randomly and Don was willing to take a chance with her, if it wasn't for that she'd still be a secretary.

>assuming she’s considered strong because she cheated on her husband
>overlooking the fact that her husband was a rapist
>overlooking everything else her character does because she did one thing you didn’t like

t. beta male

That entire relationship rubbed me the wrong way because it happened at the end we're supposed to assume a happy ending but I get the feeling that for all the chemistry they have, Stan and Peggy really wouldn't last. that being said, I think they did build up to their relationship, it just felt rushed at the end.

>cute
ehehehehehehehehehehehehehehewellalrightythen

>thinking that was rape
>calling ME a beta male
lovin every laugh
>overlooking everything else her character does because she did one thing you didn’t like
what else did she do? coke?

Dude we’ve talked about this

I feel like the last season in general had a lot of loose ends that they needed to tie up quickly because they lost track of time. A lot of things just felt...abrupt, ya know?
OTOH it's maybe too bad we won't get to see Stan and Peggy play out, because when those two break up it's gonna be damn explosion.

Yes, unfortunately the last season was incredibly rushed, the only part that felt okay was Don. Poor Ginsberg didn't deserve that shitty ending.

I thought it tied things up nicely for the most part but it’s been several years since I’ve watched it

are you a mens rights activist too

no i just don't know why you would like joan

GOAT

You could actually edit out that scene and Peggy's arc would still tie up the same way. It just felt tacked on, like they were throwing shippers a bone.
Pete's arc tied up pretty neatly.
Don's arc was a little vague, but that was intentional.
Roger's, I dunno. Shacking up with Mrs. Calvet I could see but the whole running off to Paris just felt out of place. I figured Roger would have bought a boat and just sailed off.
Ginzo's ending was definitely the most rushed, they built up so much stuff and had to pay it off fast with a WTF moment.

Season 7 was bullshit. An unfitting end to an otherwise great show. The only arc that was ended well was Pete.

I forgot about the Mrs Calvet plot, that actually annoyed me quite a bit. I know Peggy was an important character in the show regarding her perspective and how her actions moved the plot in certain directions but I still didn’t like herso I wasn’t too invested in her ending

why do you bother watching anything when it all goes over your head

what went over my head

>Roger's, I dunno. Shacking up with Mrs. Calvet I could see but the whole running off to Paris just felt out of place.
I liked that one best of all. He met her and liked her before, he decided to stop fucking around and be around someone that he actually liked and had a good time with.

What I like about Mad Men is that you can appreciate the characters even if they're not likable people. Most of the people on Mad Men are assholes, but they're assholes with hopes, flaws and motivations and they're all part of the story. Nobody is really an asshole for the sake of being an asshole, except for maybe Lee Garner, Jr.

Why wasn't this fat fucking bitch killed off in the first season

That's what the money's for desu.

Never found her attractive. And she acts like she's "not the type of girl", but of course she was more than willing to come on to Don in the first episode, and then she fucks Pete out of the blue and what the fuck like. Her character sucks, and always sucked since the first damn episode.

this desu. Betty was always /ourgirl/
>hot
>blonde haired, blue eyed Aryan
>mentally unstable
>wholesome mother and wife
>surprisingly loyal to Don until she found out he was lying to her, still more loyal than most women
Don didn't know how good he had it.

>still more loyal than most women
i have a feeling you don't talk to many women irl

still kinda fucked how he left his wife on a whim though

Ginsberg got the biggest shaft of any character. One season he's a legitimate challenge to Don on the creative side, the next he's totally nerfed for comic relief. If he, Don, Cosgrove, Pete, Stan and Harry had split for California at the end of S6 they could've finished strong.

All wrong. Pete had the best development, best lines (‘hell’s bells, Trudy’), best acting and best to watch.

this is the most beta thing i've read on this entire board desu

Yeah, but I also kind of like that he seemed to have a good relationship with her after that. Also he didn't leave his wife for Mrs. Calvet, he left her for that dumb bitch secretary that Joan rightly fired.

>best acting
Something about his line delivery always rubbed me the wrong way. Either he's not a great actor or he's a fucking great actor playing a dude who's not a great actor (socially speaking - ya know, like, a phony).

That's because Roger was a fucked person. He was basically a grey haired child.

i needed to see her skull cracked open with a baseball bat at this moment

>A curious child with a full head of hair and a thriving business.

how so

I think the latter is definitely true. They establish in the first season that Pete was "never good with people"

I think Pete was always supposed to be a try-hard phony, you see it more in earlier seasons. He tried (the way Don naturally was) even though he was an insecure rich boy who wasn't even rich anymore who couldn't drive or fix anything.

Shut the fuck up and post the best roger/pete moments

youtube.com/watch?v=IIDvYVjkkts

*tried to be suave

He was also an excellent father, which he doesn't get enough credit for, especially as compared to Don who was a terrible father.

>he's a fucking great actor playing a dude who's not a great actor (socially speaking - ya know, like, a phony).
Yeah that was the point. Have you never met a socially awkward person who doesn't sound natural when they speak?

youtube.com/watch?v=aXiaSovLtEY

It's referred to as "putting on airs"
Pete was an Alpha level W.A.S.P.

>excellent father
I thought they established early on that he was unwilling to deal with his daughter's mental health because he was too apathetic

t. roastie

youtube.com/watch?v=_5-rdAqVsbQ

He took her to a shrink in the first place, which was not as common then as it was now. He was also consistently there for her when she needed him, even when she didn't want him around, while also trying to make a consistent effort at trying to understand her. Roger wasn't perfect but he certainly tried, and consistency is far more important than Don's spotty parenting.

Roger's self awareness was what made him such a good character. Without it he would have felt lopsided.

post acting kino where you cry everytime
youtube.com/watch?v=FFYjbM9KZsY

Can we talk about Don's kids for a second? Sally's arc was incredible imo, literally watching her grow from a prattling child with no real dialogue to a young woman that was integral to the show was downright entertaining

Sally was handled incredibly well masturbation scene and all , they did a great job with that character. It's a shame nothing was done with Bobby when he still featured relatively prominently, it felt almost a bit glaring.

You type like a redditer.

burn

Let's keep this thread PG guy

I don't think Roger was apathetic as a parent so much as he was uncomfortable. They hint pretty heavily that Roger's parents were very distant towards him, so he's unprepared to deal his own troubled child later in life. It's hard to comfort someone if you've never been comforted yourself.
He does love her though, the commune episode demonstrated that at least.

that's because peggy is don with a vagina minus the sexual promiscuity

I like your nurse's uniform, guy

By the time Bobby was old enough to start being a character the show was practically over. I did like his just heart crushing innocence and honesty, though.
It kind of gave you some hope that the cycle of misery could be broken with him.

i unironically hate Joan bros

*wretches*

That's cool, everybody has an opinion.

Care to elaborate friendo

>hating on based joan

why? if it's because she didn't let don do whatever the hell he wanted then you are silly.