What are some essential submarine movies?

what are some essential submarine movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b5cxL9oCw2k
youtube.com/watch?v=a01QQZyl-_I
youtube.com/watch?v=8OsZTJ5vfUs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>USS Scorpion

How did it get destroyed?

Cthulhu?

So they all died within the span of two seconds?

Transformers: The Last Knight

youtube.com/watch?v=b5cxL9oCw2k

>So they all died within the span of two seconds?

More like 0.1 second

What broke into the hull to kill all those men that fast?

highly pressurized water

>What broke into the hull to kill all those men that fast?

Pressure

I’m just having trouble imagining how water could flood every single compartment and kill every single person in under a second...I mean aren’t there bulkheads and stuff?

No one knows.

But after that incident the US Navy submarine force went super autistic and reduced their fatal accident rate to near zero.

Red October obviously

this guy

unknown and the navy refused to reopen the investigation

Crimson Tide is the best one. Das Boot is good as well.

Somebody post that gif.

The one with the crab.

The one true "Sub-Kino"

Life Aquatic

How big is that fucking thing?

The pressure would burst your lungs

Black Sea

it's a recent film with Jude Law. He assembles a team of Brits and Russians to man an old submarine to recover SS-era gold from a sunk u-boat.

I liked the movie.

he's a big squid

About the right size to fit under your bed

What is it?

Imagine all the cool/creepy things we havent seen yet

youtube.com/watch?v=a01QQZyl-_I

>Estimates based on video evidence put the total length of the largest specimens at 8 metres (26 ft) or more.[10]
he's a big guy
a big fin squid

The pressure of the ocean is fucked, lad. Check out the Byford Dolphin offshore rig disaster involving a bunch of underwater welders.

>Hellevik was about to close the door between the chamber system and the trunk when the chamber explosively decompressed from a pressure of nine atmospheres to one atmosphere in a fraction of a second. One of the tenders, 32-year-old William Crammond of Great Britain, and all four of the divers were killed instantly; the other tender, Saunders, was severely injured.[10]

>Subsequent investigation by forensic pathologists determined Hellevik, being exposed to the highest pressure gradient and in the process of moving to secure the inner door, was forced through the 60 centimetres (24 in) in diameter opening created by the jammed interior trunk door by escaping air and violently dismembered, including bisection of the thoracoabdominal cavity which further resulted in expulsion of all internal organs of the chest and abdomen except the trachea and a section of small intestine and of the thoracic spine and projecting them some distance, one section later being found 10 metres (30 ft) vertically above the exterior pressure door.[6]

I remember reading about this once. Imagine the nightmares the cleanup crew must have every night

>was forced through the 60 centimetres (24 in) in diameter opening created by the jammed interior trunk door by escaping air and violently dismembered
Sweet jesus

source?

>le spooky deep see indie game #98

Diluvion I think

youtube.com/watch?v=8OsZTJ5vfUs