Can anyone explain why this is such a phenomenon

Can anyone explain why this is such a phenomenon

I love Rocky Horror but even I don't think it warrants having constant screenings for 40+ years

Hot Patootie > Time Warp

Other urls found in this thread:

rockyhorror.com/profiles/cast_2013_1.php
youtube.com/watch?v=-FMf8ltkCgM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's sexual-deviant kino. I think its weirdness was the main factor in its success. Back in the day there wasn't a whole lot in the way of mainstream stuff that celebrated being a sex-addicted freak. It gave weirdos something to rally around and an excuse to leave the house.

Also Phantom of the Paradise > Rocky Horror

>constant screenings for 40+ years

Not like it costs a lot to show it in theaters once a year on Halloween.

>warrants
What does that even mean? It's a cult classic, that's the deal, people fetishize it, cosplay, it lends itself to that, obviously.

There was no Sup Forums back then.

Imagine what you'd do if you didn't have this site.

This

I was a loser in high school but I always had something to do on a Saturday night

White people single handedly are keeping these screenings alive by going every fucking year dressed up in 80s gear to these screenings. How many FUCKING times can you watch this movie over and over again!?

>How many FUCKING times can you watch this movie over and over again!?
I feel the same with A Christmas Story.

It was the original The Room. I don’t personally see why people would watch The Room dozens of times but I could see going to a theater to check it out once.

I would have seen Rocky Horror back in my parents days when normies went to it. Now I think only weird gay nerds would care about such an old flick.

Weirdest movie repetition I've heard of is the Dawn of the Dead cult fanbase. One guy has supposedly been getting his wife to watch it with him every week for decades and drove for something like a whole day to meet the woman who played the Nurse zombie.

My ex loved this shit and after we broke up I heard she fucked a gross dude to be part of a shadow cast.. weirdly popular w/ LGBT & sluts

>Now I think only weird gay nerds would care about such an old flick.

Literally the opposite

Used to only be gay nerds that liked it, now its normie-core

It’s not just about the movie it’s about the experience of going to see it. Not too many films encourage audience participation.

I guess it still has a following in LA/NYC? I couldn’t imagine it having a big following in my town.

The remake that aired on Fox last year was awful.

I literally can't understand remaking RHPS

Its the definition of Lightning in a Bottle and that is obvious to fucking anyone

A place in Atlanta does it every Friday.

rockyhorror.com/profiles/cast_2013_1.php

Tim Curry. That's it.

You got caught witha flat?
Well how bout that

They just remade it because Glee made a parody episode about it and became popular. So Fox thought they'd cash in by remaking the whole thing.

>Its the definition of Lightning in a Bottle
This is very true.

But even then I actually like Shock Treatment.

Even OPs who get dubs can make a mistake.

I think you meant to post Time Warp>Hot Patootie.

Fixed.

You're welcome.

THE SWORD OF DAMOCLES IS HANGING OVER MY HEAD

OH
WOAH IS ME

I like to imagine I'd be a normal person

this, desu. Tim Curry, plus Meatloaf who steals the show for the single musical number his character is alive.

So RHPS was the proto-/lgbt/

Same in Paris

one from the vaults
makes me giggle every time

I have the DVD at home, can't get myself to watch it. What am I missing?

Wut, just watch it faggot

Even if you end up hating it, its one of those movies you "need to see"

Also the music is legit good even if you don't like anything else in it

you're fucking tone deaf

If you want Tim Curry kino, I recommend Clue instead. Or The Three Musketeers.

Sweet Transvestite eat your heart out

youtube.com/watch?v=-FMf8ltkCgM

Heres the real reason
Because Phantom of the Paradise is 2 intellgent for plebs

First Saturday of every month here