Justice League Chads Only Discussion

> In the scene we see in Justice League with the bullet shell dropping from the Batmobile is actually pretty significant. From some of the leaks that have come out, we know that Snyder had intended that Batman felt in order to atone for his perceived sin of killing Superman, he needed to sacrifice himself in the fight against Steppenwolf. Batman would have lured away the Parademons and faced his definite death (Diana and the League would have come to save him, though). The shot of the bullet shell hitting the ground is a callback to the shots where his mother was executed protecting Bruce, the person she loved, as well as Superman’s funeral when he died heroically protecting the world he loved from Doomsday. Both scenes featured heroes of Bruce dying, symbolized by bullet casings hitting the ground. Further, it was meant to show Bruce was willing to die for something more than just himself and was truly back to being the hero we know and love, the Batman.

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VhTexu9mTxA?t=4m37s
youtu.be/nU4tBRIt8pQ?t=1m58s
change.org/p/warner-bros-zack-snyder-s-director-s-and-tom-holkenborg-s-score-for-home-release-e90fef07-11c6-4a9a-9ae8-375c7717dafa
youtube.com/watch?v=Y06XPfw7ue0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bravo

punished snyder.jpeg

It angers me how badly they butchered Snyder and Terrio's work. I guess they felt like Bruce's death wish wasn't soccer mom-approved.

I saw a screencap yesterday from r/DC_cinematic that this exact post

>Looking for serious discussion
>calling himself Chad
The bait is never been so obvious.

>Killing Superman

except he didn't snyderfag1234. It would be complete delusional if Batman really think that.

if he wanted to be redeemed for his mass murdering people, it's another story.

Batman has never being suicidal.

fuck off snyder

i was actually thinking about this shot
because in BvS everything on screen was shown within enough time to take it in. Aside from the two major flash scenes, mostly everything else is messy and very unlike snyder

Here's the shot of the shell falling during the superman burial sequence; immediately after it hits the ground we hear the voice of the minister "the dead shall live"
youtu.be/VhTexu9mTxA?t=4m37s

which of course coincides with the shot of the shell of the bullet that hit Thomas Wayne
youtu.be/nU4tBRIt8pQ?t=1m58s

snyders usual pace and timing and rhythm in general don't come through in JL

change.org/p/warner-bros-zack-snyder-s-director-s-and-tom-holkenborg-s-score-for-home-release-e90fef07-11c6-4a9a-9ae8-375c7717dafa

This is our best hope to show how much WB fucked up firing Snyder and Terrio. They are visionaries in a genre infected with TV-rate hacks.

Will we ever see his cut, lads?

make another petition for them to at least release the original pre bvs reaction jl script

I think they're doing a special showing in Auschwitz.

It's funny how much Marvel shills pressured WB to drop Snyder only for not one of them giving a single fuck about JL: Age of Ultron. WB got rused big time and now they lost their key director and writer. Larry Fong and Junkie/Zimmer are also unlikely to return if WB wants to go down this route.

After re-watching Batman v Superman after seeing Justice League, it's incredible how jarring in tone the two movies are now. I really need to see some kind of extended cut that paces out the run-time and maybe replaces a number of the jokes with Snyder's original shots.

I think we just have to realize BvS was the mad luck of WB giving Snyder a blank check to do whatever he wanted. JL was fucked from the day Rotten Tomatoes revealed its score. After that it was a matter of time when Snyder and Terrio would be booted. The critics spoke and they said they prefer light-hearted toy commercials over genre deconstruction and American power structures with influences from Greek tragedy. The vocal minority spake with the tyranny the vocal minority usually has.

Ok, I won't go that far and say BvS is great social commentary, but there was at least some thought behind it, way more than the Marvel movies I've seen so far. Justice League had little glimpses of Snyder's hand, and you could tell there was deeper meaning in a couple places, but ultimately, it just amounts to a mildly enjoyable ride. We seriously need his cut, even if it's just the dialogue scenes, because those don't need VFX work.

Bruce had a death wish through the entirety of "The Dark Knight Returns." He echoes throughout the story what sort of deaths various circumstances would give him. That's Bruce's redemption in the story - going from looking for a good way to die to finding a good reason to live: legacy.

I pray that we do.

Have you read what they did to Cyborg? Snyder had planned a whole character arc for him but 90% of his character was cut by Whedon. It just made the League look underdeveloped. Compare that to the paranoia Batman in BvS expressed and the mysticism Wonder Woman evoked. It really comes across as them not even caring about character but instead all about superpowers.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded
Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed
Everybody knows the war is over
Everybody knows the good guys lost
Everybody knows the fight was fixed
The poor stay poor, the rich get rich
That's how it goes
Everybody knows

You guys lost. Please fuck off back to reddiit.

Fuck. I feel so bad for him.

If only they had a good story, a decent script and engaging characters around all those visual references.

>unironically arguing that firing guns is symbolic of being a hero
>unironically arguing that firing guns is symbolic of being Batman

I think it's hilarious how much MCUcks whined about DC and when they turn JL into Avengers not a single MCUck gives a shit. Despite years of online shitposting and false flagging.

why? hes not a visionary auteur, hes a yes-man.

Suicidal Batman is not for children, Pg-13 worthy

FUCK OFF WITH THAT R RATED SHIT

batman being self-destructive is a staple of the character.

Batman being a despondent retard is moronic.

They're too good for Hollywood and I believe they were shut down by people who didn't want their message to reach its third and final installment.

Their story was calling out the real evils in the world, people who see only in shades of green and worship at the twin altars of power and control. It's not just Jews, it's those so rich that to them such distinctiond are just handy labels to be used to keep the groups they hang them on at each others' throats.

negro, anyone who works for WB has zero artistic integrity or vision. They're the worst meddlers in the industry after sony

Its total fantasy to think snyder is some brilliant genius, he's just a studio man.

>I-it's Marvel's fault Justice League was a piece of shit!
Embarrassing

>not naming Disney as creativity poison
What did the mouseshill mean by this?

Anyone have all those twitter Disney bots repeating what a dour film BvS is? I loved that. And then Disney smiles at WB and pretends they can be mutual partners lol

>pixar basically invents the modern animated movie under disney

whatever you say, son.

>Disney specializes in making kids movies
What else is new? They also turned Marvel and Star Wars to age 5-7 demographic even though both SW and Marvel had darker aspects before Disney raping them.

>justice league is a defaced mona lisa
youtube.com/watch?v=Y06XPfw7ue0

AHAHAHAHAHA

All that vs taking characters that were universally adored and turning them into unmarketable trash.

Are you describing TFA and Avengers? I too remember when film icons were turned into quiplords and senile old men from retirement home.

No. Even if the footage exists for a complete Snyder cut, it would include tons of unfinished or missing visual effects work, and WB isn't going to pump millions more into a movie that they're probably already losing money on.

Idk what you're talking about. Avengers was considered dogshit compared to JLA until the MCU started.

>comparing two billion+ dollar movies that generated additional billions in merchandising to JL

The DC brand is so utterly dead that WB can't even pay people to see JL.

>muh monies
We get it. McDonald's is a worldwide phenomenon that simply can't ever be bruteforced out. Can't wait for the next MCU Happy Meals to take the kiddies to!

Yes, money, as its patently obvious WB wasn't trying to make good movies with their DCEU.

So are you excited for the next MCU Happy Meal? Or maybe a Star Wars Cheeseburger with fries? After all, how can anyone doubt the power of consumerism, the final say on quality. Everybody know.

>buh-MUHVEL!! EF U DUN LIEK DA DCEU U LUVS DA MAHVEL!!!!

No son. Ones successful trash and the other is just trash. Its possible to understand this if you're not autistic.

Are you okay?

It's ok I know it's hard to keep an MCU thread alive so you come here instead. It's generally a big challenge talking about Happy Meals in a substantial manner.

This movie made me lose all faith in modern blockbusters. I'm never paying to watch another WB movie again
I'm not even a big DC fan I just wanted to see how Snyder would try and conclude his trilogy.
The level of studio interference here is insane, it makes Rogue One look seamless I'm comparison

You're now claiming the DCEU is superior because it fucked up so completely in so many different ways that it can be talked about endlessly.

In comparison to movies that simply exist.

Anyone got a picture of Whedon vs Snyder comparison?

>spend 100m on reshoots that completely fucked the film over and left zero time for VFX teams to finish
It makes no sense to me. Did they really expect critics would give a fuck? They really should've just kept their pride and stuck with Snyder instead of dropping the ball this hard showing everyone how insecure you are.

Both MoS and BvS were in early teasers advertised as paradigm shifts for the genre. That alone gave those films huge amount of attention, they were something new and bold. But JL has from the start been advertised as Avengers. Of course audiences wouldn't care. They've already seen Avengers. Let Snyder make another BvS-like film that really aims to shake things up. Even if not always successful, those films atleast capture the attention of an audience wanting to see something new. JL really is a Disney film in comparison. From Whedon to levels of executive control to a story that pays no respects to the two earlier films. Even SS, as bad as it was, was atleast bad in an edgy way that made it stand out on its own.

JL is what happens when you listen to corporate warring fanboys who had no intentions of watching your films to begin with.

so did lex sell the planet for power? he used doomsday to cut his gordian knot of superman, but what exactly does he get out of opening pandoras box?

I very nearly cried when I saw this. Once I had more time to process it, I legitimately did cry. And prayed for my hero.

In the spirit of actions speaking louder than words, I'm doing what I can to point out what bappened to as many people as I can.

they are pandering to russians now? not chineese? like half of the movie is in russia or ukraine?

I personally think he's still playing both ends against the middle, only now he's looking for a false "redemption" instead of a false sainthood.

He's still looking forward to the day when he saves the world from "Superman."

*cackles*

BvS is the only kino film.

The best blockbuster art house film made since 2001 space odyssey

>The best blockbuster art house film made since 2001 space odyssey
*howls with laughter*

>that final post
Damn. Lex is legitimately a good villain. He perfectly captures why Superman must not be seen as a God ever.

i really want to know this guy's level of disappointment at watching JL

Utter. The glimpses that remain of what it could have been only make it worse.

Friendly DChad observation from the film that keeps on giving:

Lex teases information all the time, sometimes through clever wordplay, sometimes by omitting it from what he's saying. When he's finally face to face with Superman, he omits two things from his speech:

>Jesus, the savior deity
>The all-knowing component of the godhead from the Epicurean Dilemma.

One of those is something he covets, the other is something he already has.

>"he's all the things that you want in a villain in the sense that when you think you have him figured out he reveals something else about himself" -zack

Too bad the character was written, acted, and directed to be a spastic retard.

Don't project yourself on the character.

>"I suppose there's something liberating in playing a character you know the audience doesn't have to agree with"
>"cuz the ceiling for my behavior is pretty limitless, I could be as eccentric, or as scary, I could be anything that I want to be and it still is contextualized in this kind of safe way"- Eisenberg

I don't think it's turning out to be as "safe" as he thought it was. I wonder what he has to say on the subject now?

To me, it seems like the decree has come down from "on high" to shut down production on the play the nobility has deemed dangerous.

>post count doens't increase

MOS was shit. BvS was shit. Giving Snyder the 3rd too would not have magically made him a competent film maker

>how do opinions work

>i like my shit served in 3 but i'm going to call it an opinion

Marvel Pakis and their obsession with poo.

Let's say you had a chef who cooked you two meals. You liked them, even though everyone else at your table thought they were shit.
You want another, and you're promised a third meal by the same chef. During the cooking, another chef comes over, takes over and serves it. This time, everyone else on your table still thinks it's shit, and now you do too for a different reason.
Would you feel like you were owed that third meal and be annoyed you didn't get it?

sounds like you love eating shit and can't get enough.

Good job not addressing the point

>MOS was shit. BvS was shit.
Thank you for your highly meaningful opinion

You DCucks ain't owed shit but the asswhoopin Marvel gave you.

>Kneel.

I love when the Marvel Pajeet who unironically defends.MCU trash thinks he's the harbinger of taste. Cancerous shitstain.

>Kneel.
Sorry, but I'm not anti-Trump

>muh Disney
I sometimes wonder what's worse, if these really are third-world shills or there are people who geniunely care this much about corporate wellbeing. Either alternative depresses me.

>doens't
Go fuck yourself, fanboy.

And you defending cape shit by pointing out other cape stuff is shit is meaningful? It should stand on its own if it does, and guess what, it doesn't

At least DC pajeets drown in their own shit

It's funny how all this shitposting started the moment WB announced their extended universe. Really makes ya think

You're not alone. What I find interesting is that Luthor's character was egging on antagonism, too. You know, the same guy who was already designing snazzy logos for his team of "heroes?"

Maybe that's why they decided not to make him bald from the start. It would have been a little too on the nose.

Your mouse overlord wants to see you for inappropriate misconduct, comrade.

>calling a movie shit means you're a fanboy of another movie

Well yeah it means that you have different tastes and you like something else.

Everybody knows that the marvelpajeets love eating shit. Disney has been employing shilling studios from 3rd world countries for years now, it's blatant on normalfag websites like Facebook, Twitter but here it's still noticeable, go to the catalog now and see the number of shills on this site.

Good taste is The Dark Knight and Batman 1989. Also Wonder woman. SHIT Taste is the rest of the DCEU, Snydercuck

No, it makes you a fanboy regardless of whether you're fully cucked by Disney's bullshit or too lost in escapist power fantasy to recognize an actual depiction of growth, heroism, and redemption.

good job having a terrible opinion

did you grow up in a house with asbestos and lead pipes?

None of which was in BvS or Justice League. Or Suicide Squad.

This is a bad metaphor because I didn't like the first two meals- I thought they were fucking shit.

>okay yeah but what if you liked them

I didn't- they were shit. As a result it's impossible for me to identify with someone who wanted a third meal from the same terrible chef.

Oh, my apologies. You might not be a fanboy. Maybe you're just fucking stupid.

>good job having a terrible opinion
I think the DC films are awful mate, I was more pointing out that the people who enjoyed the first two kind of have some valid ground to complaining on

>when all your universe has is poopoo jokes so you take out all that anger on BvS

In my metaphor you're obviously one of the others at the table, not the guy who liked the first two meals