Police Story is the quintessential Jackie kino

>how communists view christians

Police Story

>all dat glass

Who Am I

Whenever "I wan no trabble Jackie" loses something and becomes Punished Jackie

Jesus that stunt work is amazing

Cannonball Run 2

name a single jackie chan film that actually has a good story and plot and well written characters.

His best? Probably Police Story. My favorite? Rumble in the Bronx.

that final 15 seconds is crazy. how those 2 stuntmen didn't get seriously injured i'll never know.

What's up with Police Story 2? It's kind of a weird movie. It sets up that the bad guy from 1 is BACK! Then that plotline goes absolutely nowhere. Why even bother with it? Script seems kind of rushed. Are any of the others worth seeing?

My list is;
70's: Drunken Master and Snake in Eagle's Shadow
80's: Armour of the God, Police Story, and Dragon's Forever
90's: Rumble in the Bronx, Supercop, Legend of Drunken Master, and Who Am I?

youtube.com/watch?v=j4Y62DGkyXw

This.

was that kick at 0:49 real?

It was all real.

>Drunken Master
A few short scenes are set up silly.
That action.
How the hell does this guy keep going...
Then he makes more movies.

How can Hollywood even compete?

This list is the real deal, can confirm.

DRUNKEN MASTER II FUCKERS

no it was miniatures. look closerer

Bonus Track: Fist of Fury, one of the best martial arts movies ever made

All of Jackies films are kino apart from maybe 3 or 4. The Chinese Zodiac was awful, Karate Kid was awful. And Around the World in 80 days was awful. The rest should be watched imo (unless it's him playing a 10minute cameo in a japanese live-action Samurai flick).

Rumble in the Bronx

I'd love to get to drive that Mitsubishi Colt they used in Armor of God.

Saw that in the theater.
I know a shit ton of other people did as well,it's just fun looking back on a movie and remembering going with a friend,as opposed to sitting on a couch,fucking with a phone...

In 1986 that was a cooooool fucking car. Nowadays we get cgi transformer jetcars with rocket launchers, but back then nobody was expecting that hood to open up and a little car to pop out. It's a perfect scene.

It was a bit of a cultural touchstone, and rebooted America's love for martial-arts films. I remember EVERYONE talking about it, even grandpas. 'HE BROKE HIS FOOT, YOU KNOW'. It was the coolest movie I ever seen as a kid when it came out. The stunts are still bananas.

A lot of his Hong Kong films I've seen have really poor storytelling. Don't get me wrong, the action is fantastic, but I wish the scripts weren't Saturday morning cartoon tier.

Snake in the eagles shadow

Or the one where his nemesis in the movie kills himself with his own deadly technique. Might have been shaolin wooden men.

East Asia wasn't a particular wealthy place then, their stunt actors didn't fluff around

Enter the Dragon

A fag

Bump
if this thread makes even one user check out jackino its worth it.
police story 1 2
rumble
and Project A

That was the Asian market, still is. Watch any Bollwood movie. It's literally singing detectives Vs Pantomime villians for 2 hours. Like capeshit but without the capes and just not as shit.

>i must avenge my father!
>*57 minutes of chinese acrobats*
>villian falls off the building even though Jackieā„¢ tried to save them
>happily ever golden harvest productions

Jackie Chans fight scenes are always fun as fuck to watch because they're acted out by jackie himself instead of getting stuntmen, even high risk stunts.
>fucked up his ankle doing a stunt in Rumble in the Bronx
>had to wear a cast
>wanted to do the stunt so he put a sock that looked like his shoes over the cast and did the stunt

He has the best kung fu movies desu, they're the perfect mix of humour and seriousness

He has a hole in his skull from falling out of a tree during a botch. Conan O'Brien fingered it on his show.

Jackie Chan

What's the best place to watch jackie chan / older hong kong kino? I'm too lazy to pirate.

Id say my favorite right now is Who am I but I still have to watch Police Story

AsiaTorrents.

Del Rey the cable channel loves old kung-fu movies for some reason.