/lbg/ - Letterboxd General

Primitive filmmaking edition

QOTD: what's the oldest movie you'd give a perfect 5 stars rating?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=du4CoNur6S8
youtube.com/watch?v=7sxyirGXWSg
youtube.com/watch?v=VsdzaEVeFEE
youtube.com/watch?v=eCbnJeMSGZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=OxWVH28E1KY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pretty sure I gave Bride of Frankenstein 5 stars. What a masterpiece.

hey, everybody! check out my blu-ray collection!
youtube.com/watch?v=du4CoNur6S8

Tell that to Zods snapped neck

youtube.com/watch?v=7sxyirGXWSg

imagine watching 38 minutes of THAT

i put it on as background noise

yes, he has a ridiculous amount of capeshit

i hope Slept was in the Egyptian mosque

youtube.com/watch?v=VsdzaEVeFEE

bruce likes frog vomit!

youtube.com/watch?v=eCbnJeMSGZ4

QUENTIN TARANTINO REVEALS THE PREMISE OF HIS NINTH MOVIE

We still don’t have a title for Quentin Tarantino‘s next project, but this week, we finally learned its premise (possibly to stop people from calling it his “Charles Manson movie“). We still don’t know who will play the two leads (though Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Tom Cruise are reportedly all possibilities), but we now know more about the characters. The film will revolve around an actor who’s had some success in television, and is hoping to expand into movies, and he’s accompanied by his stunt double (who’s looking for the same thing). It’s all set in Hollywood in 1969 as the Manson Family and the murder of Sharon Tate (likely to be played by Margot Robbie) take place concurrently. This week, we also learned some of the details about how exactly Sony Pictures landed the rights to the film after a competitive multi-studio bidding war.

ABOUT CRITERION

OUR MISSION

Since 1984, the Criterion Collection, a continuing series of important classic and contemporary films, has been dedicated to gathering the greatest films from around the world and publishing them in editions that offer the highest technical quality and award-winning, original supplements. Over the years, as we moved from laserdisc to DVD, Blu-ray disc, and online streaming, we’ve seen a lot of things change, but one thing has remained constant: our commitment to publishing the defining moments of cinema for a wider and wider audience. The foundation of the collection is the work of such masters of cinema as Renoir, Godard, Kurosawa, Cocteau, Fellini, Bergman, Tarkovsky, Hitchcock, Fuller, Lean, Kubrick, Lang, Sturges, Dreyer, Eisenstein, Ozu, Sirk, Buñuel, Powell and Pressburger. Each film is presented uncut, in its original aspect ratio, as its maker intended it to be seen. Every time we start work on a film, we track down the best available film elements in the world, use state-of-the-art telecine equipment and a select few colorists capable of meeting our rigorous standards, then take time during the film-to-video digital transfer to create the most pristine possible image and sound. Whenever possible, we work with directors and cinematographers to ensure that the look of our releases does justice to their intentions. Our supplements enable viewers to appreciate Criterion films in context, through audio commentaries by filmmakers and scholars, restored director’s cuts, deleted scenes, documentaries, shooting scripts, early shorts, and storyboards. To date, more than 150 filmmakers have made our library of Director Approved DVDs, Blu-ray discs, and laserdiscs the most significant archive of contemporary filmmaking available to the home viewer.

ok

Jean Renoir?

youtube.com/watch?v=OxWVH28E1KY

Books are gay.

still better than movy!

DW Griffith: Exposed niggers and jews

Kubrick: Died trying to prove the holocaust was real

Is there a reason you faggots are incapable of discussing film?

I currently have this movies in my watch list

Which ones are worthy to watch/garbage in your opinion?

If you have any love for Kubrick at all, please watch Barry Lyndon.

i know criterion is supposedly the best, but the fact that their blu-ray cases look so different from normal blu-ray cases is almost a dealbreaker for me

>I love film! Renoir, Godard, Kurosawa, Cocteau, Fellini, Bergman, Tarkovsky, Hitchcock, Fuller, Lean, Kubrick, Lang, Sturges, Dreyer, Eisenstein, Ozu, Sirk, Buñuel, Powell, Pressburger, the list goes on...

ok

i'm not even joking when I say not one of those movies is good

You don't really think you'll win, do you?

good: Kids, Winter's Bone, Amour, Un Homme Qui Dort, Barry Lyndon
meme: everything else

>chilling with friends
>put on Béla Tarr's Sátántangó
>confront myself and my self (as an ontological historical entity) with the mirror of nihilism (as a mirror is not an empathic but a reflexive entity, alien to the space and time it reflects and only existing by itself in relation to the other) and realize the boundaries of human thought, comprehension and consciousness
>reach rational ecstasy
>pleb friend gets up and says "what is this b&w shit, lmao, put some Avengers"
>get angry at their pop subaltern consumption conditioned by the structures of power of the imperialist white economies, but contain it
>calm myself down by remembering quotes from finnegans wake, my favorite book since i was a teenager
>mfw can't express myself because i'm a spectator in the society of spectacle

"It is not the slumber of reason which engenders monsters, but vigilant and insomniac rationality. - Gilles Deleuze"

Born Today, Nov 26, in 1909, Frances Dee - Little Women 1933, Of Human Bondage, Becky Sharp, I Walked with a Zombie...

But I thought George A. Romero invented zombies!!!

IMO big fish, possession, under the skin and top gun are good

Looney tunes

>The Long Goodbye
GOODBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYE

>Intolerance
Throw that in the garbage

>tfw fell for the Criterion meme

>Minority Report

Dr jekyll and mr hyde - 1931

Dr jekyll and mr hyde - 1931

Dr jekyII and mr hyde - 1931

Just watch La Haine, Kids, Seventh Seal, Amour, Irreversible, The Comedy, Possession, Incendies, Youth, Barry Lyndon, Un Homme Qui Dort, and The Apartment.

Bruce, are you making fun of these men?

didn't joan crawford beat up her daughter over wire hangers?

I'm going to murder you bruce

I'd sniff her butt anyways, what's she gonna do about it? I'll just beat her up.

What are John Ford's best films?

The Iron Horse

The Quiet Man
The Whole Town's Talking
Steamboat Round the Bend
Just Pals
Gideon of Scotland Yard
Young Cassidy
The Rising of the Moon

David O. Selznick

This is one of his worst.

What about The Searchers?

racist af

I don't know, I don't what old white man movies

Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?

>mfw i larp a private dick and look up up lb users whove rated birth of a nation positively and try to damage their personal and professional lives by calling them out on it on social media

The Battle of Elderbush Gulch doesn't have Natalie Wood

I want my mother to die.

I want Natalie Wood to step on my testicles!

ooh! sexy!!

homina homina! wowie !!

homina homina! wowie !!

hi boys!!

>mfw machill is the emily jean poster

Below Her Mouth is literally only good for a fap fyi

Dingus
Wetard
Griffith