That god awful dialogue

>That god awful dialogue
>That nonsensical plot with no build
>The incredible amount of expositional dialogue
>Those awful action scenes
>All those plotholes
>All those jarring edits

Why wasn't this film crucified in reviews?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XgcVkDyvG9k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You are right op it didn't have enough quips, not fun!

It pretty much was. Plus, civilization as a whole has given up and now accepts the fact that superhero movies will be pumped out at us like raw sewage, forever and ever Amen.

False equivalence son.

It was full of quips

>All those plotholes
name one

How Bane ended up in the Sewers
How Bruce ended up back in marshall law Gotham with no tech
How did Batman hide the Batwing during the day he went active again without anyone noticing a huge flying craft that sounds like an 18 wheeler in first gear
How Selena knew about Bane
How the bike chase was 6 hours long
How Alfred never mentioned once about Rachel in 8 years
How Daggets plan to take over Waynes business makes no sense
How the commissioner can dictate ludicrous command while on pain medication and no one calls him on it
How the entire police force ended up malnourished for 5+ months and is immediaty battle ready, also no indication of where they got their weaponry
Banes mask is entirely detailed outwith the film by a costume designer, nowhere in the film does it show how the mask works or what its for

Also Batman manages to get out of the Batwing with seconds to spare but I guess his cape is radioactive explosion proof?

Reminder that this is the real sequel to TDK where Batman didn't mysteriously retire out of nowhere but continued to fight crime until it destroyed his spirits.

nolan armor OP.
the movie looked to cool and serious to be put to serious questions.

i wholeheartedly agree tough and i was a person who was really really hyped and looked forward to this. (bought tickets a month before premiere)

nolan has a cult of personality around him and his career. no one will criticise him

This movie was god awful in other ways

>Why wasn't this movie destroyed in reviews?
Hype. It was the most anticipated movie of the decade

I like this. scene related

youtube.com/watch?v=XgcVkDyvG9k

Would tie in well with Dent being turned into Two-Face in TDK too.

>amerilard cops
>malnourished

>Banes mask is entirely detailed outwith the film by a costume designer, nowhere in the film does it show how the mask works or what its for
Uh, the doctor in the prison said the mask keeps the pain at bay. Were you even listening?

This is such a contrast to the Batman in JL. What a shame. For a short moment we had a worthy Batman to portray him in the senior years of his vigilante career.

uhhhhhh alfred i need some orange slices!!!

bravo whedon

>Batman gives up Batmanning after a half year of Batmanning

HE'S SAWFT

Wrong pic OP. That's not BVS.

>How Bane ended up in the Sewers
walked? hes a super villain with advanced military training and ass loads of cash not to mention connections within the city, setting up camp in the sewers can hardly be considered difficult
>How Bruce ended up back in marshall law Gotham with no tech
hes batman bro, why are you even bothering with this kind of shitty questioning?
>How did Batman hide the Batwing during the day he went active again without anyone noticing a huge flying craft that sounds like an 18 wheeler in first gear
quietly im assuming
>How Selena knew about Bane
she worked a job for the pleb in a suit on the wayne board and she knew bane through him. this was made pretty clear. it was also made clear kyle made a deal with bane to turn over the batman in exchange for her own freedom
>How the bike chase was 6 hours long
dont know what you want me to say? how long should a bike chase be? and how long should a bike chase involving batman be?
>How Alfred never mentioned once about Rachel in 8 years
why would he? alfred burned the letters to save bruce from the pain, but in the end realized in doing so did more harm than good as the memory of rachel was stopping bruce from moving on and would eventually lead to bruce longing for death, believing there was nothing left for him in life.

>How Daggets plan to take over Waynes business makes no sense
it made thematic sense so i dont know what else you could mean. from banes pov the plan made perfect sense. of course in the long term bruce would get his money back and dagget would be on his ass, which meant nothing to bane.
>How the commissioner can dictate ludicrous command while on pain medication and no one calls him on it
i dont know if a perceived failure in police procedure can be construed as a plot hole
>How the entire police force ended up malnourished for 5+ months and is immediaty battle ready, also no indication of where they got their weaponry
they already had their guns from when they went in. they werent disarmed. just trapped. and they werent malnourished ya hothead, they specifically mention and literally show the police are being well fed and looked after
>Banes mask is entirely detailed outwith the film by a costume designer, nowhere in the film does it show how the mask works or what its for
its a comic book movie, you not being able so to suspend belief is not a plot hole.

>Literaly all excuses instead of quotes from the film

Jesus most of your points are trivial things that dont need to be explained, not fucking plothole.

People dont like how Nolan use expositions but they go full retard when something isn't spoonfed to them.

>Just turn your brain off bro!

sorry exposition wasnt force fed into your autistic mouth enough for you through blocks of dialogue. sorry the director expected you not to be a drooling simpleton who cant discern obvious things from less than subtle context

That scene where police with pistols charge a line of men with ak's and barely anyone gets killed. What a bit of sheer fuckwittery.

It's like they just filmed the first draft. There are some neat scenes but as a whole it's so poorly thought out and predictable it's mindboggling the same man directed TDK. I love how Gordon doesn't have anything to do in the end so they put him in a retarded action scene where has to put a thing into a thing into a thing and it turns out it doesn't even technically matter. I guess that's good enough bravo Goyer

>autism : the post

First draft, first take of everything.

I dislike BvS as much as the next guy but your comment makes no sense, BvS was crucified in the reviews

>"I know you were batman for the look in your eyes"
>5 month without any law or control, city looks a little more dirty but fine
>policemen living 5 months in the sewer and looks fine and clean
>close battle between bad guys and cops when the bad guys have an arsenal with machine guns and fucking tanks
>No cartilage and barely functional knee, backbone injury. Dont' Worry a couple of push-ups and you are ready to hand-to-hand combat with Bane.
>I'm gonna keep this letter with me in case I fall into the sewers
>"I have this letter here from this guy who says that you are faggots". They believe.
>Crime and mafia is suppressed because "stronger" laws. Looks like all cops are honest now.
>Escape from the pit without money or even knowing where he was. Returns to the isolated and blocked city just fine.

I don't know what you're talking about OP, the movie was amazing.

It was an awful movie, and I love Begins/TDK and Nolan movies in general. I even like Bane himself, his dialogue when he's beating the fuck out of Batman is pretty great, albeit a little cheesy. There are good scenes, like the Scarecrow court and the chase when Batman first reppears, but it's a really bad movie.

The biggest fucking turd in this whole pile of shit though is pic related. How the fuck Nolan filmed that and thought "Yep, that's a good take" I will never know.

>its a comic book movie, you not being able so to suspend belief is not a plot hole

>marshall law

hahahahaha

Nolan was contractually obligated to make the movie. Inception exists because he agreed to make TDKR. He didn't want to make this and oh it shows

>>No cartilage and barely functional knee, backbone injury. Dont' Worry a couple of push-ups and you are ready to hand-to-hand combat with Bane.

This bugged me the most because it's so fucking easy to fix with Bruce being so wealthy and having all kinds of magic tier technology.

Handwave it away with him using his mind or his money to get some special ligament repairing stemcell bullshit.

Critics give a free pass to some movies with a few issues
They liked Nolan
And they liked the first two bat movies
So they figured might as well be nice to this one even though it's not as good as the other ones
It's how marvel films get good reviews even though half of them are bland or out right awful

Hahahahahaha nice on

It has poor writing and close quarter choreography, but that alone does not result in a bad movie. The set pieces are still impressive, the production design also, cinematography, soundtrack, costume design, sound design all pretty decent.
I'd say realistically a 6.5/10.

It's clear that when Heath Ledger died Nolan couldn't make the third film he wanted so he said fuck it and made the script into just a bunch of excuses for him to have fun executing spectacular set pieces. Based if you ask me.

Reminds me of every "part 3" where everyone in involved is phoning it in and they just throw a bunch of shit to fill out the run time
Spider-Man 3
Iron man 3
Captain America 3

Nolan never does more than 3 takes.

A good trade off, I suppose. I love Inception, and I can ignore this pile of crap.

I can kinda understand, I suppose. I loved the Dark Knight so much, and on my first few viewings of Rises, I was happy to just be back in Nolan's Gotham. The movie definitely sucks though.

>>That god awful dialogue
>>That nonsensical plot with no build
>>The incredible amount of expositional dialogue
>>Those awful action scenes
>>All those plotholes
>>All those jarring edits

You're right HOWEVER !
it's kinda relative when compared to THIS

>Nolan never does more than 3 takes.
There are rumors that Nolan purposefully kept that scene as a '"fuck you" to Cotillard. Why ? Because at the time of the film's promotion, she spent some of her time at the Cannes film fest instead of staying with Nolan during promo

Autists really hate this movie for some reason. It was fine. It was worse than TDK and BB, probably Nolan's sloppiest movie, but it's still 7.5/10.

It's a valid complaint that the Talia twist came out of nowhere, didn't matter and made the movie worst, but he had to cut like hours from the movie. I guess he wanted to make an epic and got really carried away

sewers for his lair isn't a pothole

He walks across the frozen ice. That's not a plothole, just not explicitly shown.

How did he hide the tumbler during the police chase? 90% of unexplained stuff Bruce did happens in previous movies

How Selena knew what about Bane? She literally saw him. And Bane was using poor orphans to work underground. Poor people talk

The bike chase timing is a legitimate error, but that's all it is. It does not significantly impact the plot.

Alfred keeping quiet isn't a plothole.

Daggett wanted to make Wayne look crazy. He planned to oust him in the aftermath of the stock hit. They would've proven fraud eventually (as Fox says), but in the meantime, Dagget would take control

Gordon still giving orders is a hole.

The police took their guns with them into the sewers to flush Bane out. And they were given supplies. That's legitimately in the movie. Why don't you plebs pay attention?

Do you really need everything explained to you? We don't know how any of the tech in these movies works because it's science fiction. Bruce's belt shouldn't work when he's using his grappling gun, but it does because it's advanced theoretical tech

There's no indication of when Batman escapes. It's misleading, not a plothole.

They're charging criminals, not soldiers. The criminals have better weaponry and the police have greater numbers. Overwhelming them with their greater numbers makes the most sense

Everyone should be able to figure it out. Blake does because he realizes Bruce is pretending to be happy and puts two and two together. That was a scene about Blake, not the holes in Bruce's story which the audience already knows

That's how occupied cities look. Literally

Answered those two already

Magic knee brace. Also didn't Bruce Lee recover from a similar back injury?

Ignoring bullshit. They locked up the entire mob in the Dark Knight.

He travels the world without money in Batman Begins.

>TDKR thread
>not a single Banepost
Fucking election tourists.

Because one man saved this film

This level of justification despair can only be reached by a person dying for acceptance. In other words, a DCuck.

>its a comic book movie, you not being able so to suspend belief is not a plot hole

After reading this I realized that it's a perfect movie in every aspect. No errors or inconsistencies. Bravo Nolan indeed.

What is the point of seeking acceptance on an anonymous board. You would achieve it in one post and in the next, you'd start over. If anyone wants acceptance, that's what reddit, twitter, facebook, and the rest is for.

It's not terrible, it's just not as good as BB and TDK. It's obvious that Nolan was phoning it in a bit. I have to assume critics praised it because it's Nolan and TDK was regarded as one of the best movies ever made.

I'm sorry that your ancient 2012 meme hasn't been spouted yet.

Nolan gave zero fucks in this movie. there's so much shit that should've ended up on the cutting floor

the whole triology is just ok , very boring movies whith a batman theme slapped on them

as yes I was wondering what would break first, Ben Affleck's mental health or the DCEU

Because TDK was so great, people assumed there had to be greatness in TDKR and didn't actually examine it too closely to find the (lack of) greatness.

ROTJ
Siouxsie and the Banshee Squad (or JL if SS doesn't count
Batman Forever

Trilogies were a mistake. Return of the King was good though

The entire point of the nolan batman is that character, with that level of resources and intellect, would find a way to almost instantly solve crime. He basically did that by enabling dent to lock up the entirety of organized crime and keeping them locked up by becoming the enemy. He retires between TDK and TDKR because hes destroyed his body with what little batmanning he did, accomplished the goal he set out to accomplish, and he realized he was creating greater problems by existing.

Of course this was totally mishandled in TDK and bruce's destroyed body was instantly solved by magic knee braces and never mentioned again.

>totally mishandled in TDK
In TDKR, fuck that movie. I don't even want to type it out.

It is bad. Just watched it again.

Its like you didn't even watch the movie lmao