The only reason Sup Forums hates this film is that everyone here predicted it would flop and now they're still reeling...

The only reason Sup Forums hates this film is that everyone here predicted it would flop and now they're still reeling from being so irrecoverably BTFO

Or maybe because it's a lazy remake of A New Hope, needlessly diversified, dumbed down and had it's soul sucked out by Jew Jew Abrams. Just maybe.

Nah it was good, probably better than A New Hope objectively. It's what vidyafags would call an "enhanced remake".

>needlessly diversified
back to Sup Forums

YASSSS SSLAY

>everyone here predicted it would flop
I didn't. Then again, I thought it was good. Then again, I think the prequels are good, too.

No one said it would be a flop. B8 thread and saged.

>we need diversity

back to tumblr

>better than A New Hope objectively
Explain, nigger.

>better dialogue
>better humour
>better cinematography
>better special effects
>better representation for women and PoC

>better dialogue
Disagree, did TFA even spawn any truly iconic lines? It wasn't bad, but it was the same as in any modern Disney/Marvel flick. Serviceable.
>better humour
Disagree, maybe if you like quip-humor.
>better cinematography
Agree.
>better special effects
Agree.
Agree, but it doesn't make the film any better.

ANH still has the better story, plot and characters.

Come on don't take that weak ass bait. Just let this shit thread die.

hey you are the shill from yesterday what's up

>did TFA even spawn any truly iconic lines?
"Traitor" is the only one that will truly be remembered by fans and it's barely even a line.

>>better representation for women and PoC

I'm sorry, but you cannot deny Star Wars had major problems with representation. There was only one major female and BME character respectively in the original trilogy and the saga's Bechdel test record is problematic to say the least.

>it was good
comin from a fellow user that wasted money on the blu-ray, cause i didn't waste money seeing it in the theatre

its boring as fucking fuck

literally fell asleep during the middle of watching it, which was sometime this last week

Jesus, your attention span is awful. Read a book or something ffs. I didn't think much of it but Nu-Wars is designed to appeal to ADHD riddled kiddies.

>the saga's Bechdel test record is problematic to say the least

>literally one black character get Sup Forumstards REEEEEEEing for years
TFA wasn't based on any source material, meaning they have the right to do whatever the fuck they want with it

>biggest marketing campaign for any movie ever
>all the hype in the world
>still DOMINATED by James Cameron

No one predicted it would be a flop you stupid fucking faggot. It's the continuation of one of the most popular film franchise of all time, it was always going to do well no matter how shit it was,

>BME
>Bechdel test
>problematic

Oh he's going full out!

He was talking about TFA, get some reading comprehension.

hey what's reddit bro?

Yes, I know. So was I, mongo

fpbp

Star Wars takes place in a universe where there is apparently no racial discrimination among humans or gender inequality. There is no reason why the cast shouldn't be diverse.

>normies are normies
>he acts surprised
reddit pls go.

>problematic

Ill stop you right there because Sup Forums would discuss how it would NOT flop a lot

kys fucking r*ddit faggot

>t. soyboys who are afraid of different people

How can you be so retarded when Star Wars has always been a blend of various races and species?

Nah, Sup Forums pretends to hate it because normies liked it

>t. cuck who loves slurping nigger semen

>t. basement warrior who is afraid of other people
I can smell you from here, soyboy

>what if Yoda was a 1000 years old?
>what if Luke was a girl but was good a true everything and everyone liked him
>what if Death Star could blow up 4 planets at once instead of one!
>what if we had random action scenes because audiences might get bored if two characters talked for more than 3 seconds
Finn and Poe were the only good parts of this film and it should have just been lethal weapon in space

>libcuck numale unironically using 'soyboy'
wew

>nit picking this hard
A third deathstar was dumb, but Rey is an inversion of Luke

No

>>libcuck numale unironically using 'soyboy'

>He aligns himself with a political current.
Just neck yourself and your collection of ponies, neckbeard

define “needlessly diversified”
It’s a space fantasy, not a historical documentary.

White male is the default representation of humanity, anything else is needless diversity
>but there are more women than males
>but there are more Asians than whites
Shut up libcuck

>White male is the default representation of humanity, anything else is needless diversity
Star Sausagefest

I hate it because it made the EU non canon and that was un necessary. I'm tired of reboots.
I know the EU was stupid but Episode 7 isn't exactly clever.

No

Luke was a spoiled farm boy who bolted as soon as his foster parents died because he craved adventure. Rey is an indentured servant living under a false hope that who ever abandoned her would come back for her. She keeps wanting to go back to Jakku. When Maz tells her that will never happen, she can't take it and runs away

>White male is the default representation of humanity

Shut up libcuck

The main thing stopping TFA from being a good movie is Rey being such an objectively poorly written protagonist

>being so insecure you get buttblasted over a fictional universe about space wizards having non whites as main characters
I don't think I've ever cringed this hard in my life

>better dialogue
>better humour
>better cinematography

nigger are you serious?

only retards like you care about this shit

that was one fucking word. How low are your standards?

Thread should have ended right here

He's agreeing with you senpai

Or you know, because it was a terrible rehash of a film

its one thing what is wrong with the movie.

the other things are
- copy paste New Hope
- no explanation what happened during the end of episode 6 and the beginning of episode 7

Meanwhile at Lucasfilm.

the only reason this shitpile was successful is because it has the Star Wars name on it and retarded fanboys would buy everything that has that name on it

for retards with no standards it was good

But I do not hate it. It was nice.

Kill me god

that's how i expected those people in charge would look like

those minorities can't create something instead they leech off the successes of whites

You'd have to be a broken husk of a person to actually want a Star Wars film to be bad.

don't fall for this bait

back to le ddit for you friendo.

nobody is this stupid

>Movie gets released twice
>Other comes out when cinema attendance is much, much higher
No shit

No, the only reason I hate this film is because I think the new cast and their characters are terrible

TFA was a souless reboot. It disgraced the old characters and shat all over the narrative of the OT.

only normie faggots will like TFA just so that they can fit in with the rest of their retro culture.

numale cucks: check
strong independent women: check

this explains it

no there are many other reasons. Rey being a mary sue is the tip of the iceberg. And that was definitely caused by Sup Forums has always warned me about Disney shills. Is this one of them??

usually opinions are subjective, but your opinion is just wrong. kys immediately.

Literally nobody predicted a flop, you homosexual.

I liked the prequels better since for all their flaws they at least were trying to bring new things to the table.

What, you think that hideous gremlin is?

Literally no one said it would flop, and a majority of this board liked it on release, because they're retarded and it's star wars.
The simple fact it, and I said this after I saw it on release with my sister, is that it is one of the worst films of the decade.

did they actually burn down Rey's home? I can't remember that bit.

some few retards will always predict a flop but at large Sup Forums isn't THAT retarded. anyone who thought any Star Wars movie was going to flop should be euthanized.

would that not be a pleasant surprise though?
a guy can dream.

those soyboys in the back of the room.