Doctor Who General /who/

On-topic ships edition
(pic related)

Other urls found in this thread:

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Shit_Trips:_Vol._1
amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1IY0A18BQA7IB?type=wishlist&filter=purchased&sort=default
radiotimes.com/news/2017-11-25/matt-smith-wants-to-return-to-doctor-who-and-team-up-with-jodie-whittaker-in-a-few-years/
lethbridge-stewart.co.uk/product/novella-bundle-uk/
youtube.com/watch?v=QjriiExMtxo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Doctor Who is dead.

Welcome to /who/

Nice for BF to give us a set look for Norton.

Is that Ozymandias from Watchman in the front?

I really really like this image

The last thread is still six posts from the bump limit! This distresses me greatly! Whatever shall I do?

I think it's Dirk Gently

Nah, that's Matthew Goode you're thinking of, I see the resemblance though!

>Dirk Gently
I always thought that sounded a bit dirty.

>tfw you'll never get dirked gently

Yea I've seen them, but I haven't finished the existing ones yet. I'm looking forward to Owen and Ianto story written by Gareth David-Lloyd himself the most.

I think CK and CIV are pretty complicated, I feel like they will distract me. I need something really simple which doesn't require thinking at all.

It is a bit. Would you like to be dirked, gently?

I prefer to be the one doing the dirking but each to their own.

Some bad news guys. Nilso passed away. He and I actually know each other and well, I just thought I would pass the news on. So yeah. Sorry if I brought any of you down. If anyone has any kind words, I'll gladly write them down and pass them onto his cat.

He passed in his sleep, so there was no pain... god this sucks.

>He passed in his sleep, so there was no pain... god this sucks.
Are you saying it sucks that there was no pain? If so I agree wholeheartedly.

Yeah I'm excited for that one too.
I just go on autopilot on those strategy games and don't really try to win or anything kek, it's just fun to click around and see the game progress. It's not like Papers Please or something where I'd get stressed out. I usually just listen to audios by themselves now though, or on a walk.
Maybe simulator games are the way to go then for you yeah. Or something grindy.

>his cat.
Cats x Nilso confirmed?

Me too, Nilso's a cunt

t. Nilso

I don't actually know who that is. I was just bantzing.

SPONTANEOUS SHIT TRIPS 1 DISCUSSION!

Ever had a hankering to get /who/ back on topic? Ever felt like looking for something new to talk about? Well now you do! Piggy backing off the acclaimed but "dead by an agonizingly slow death" shit trips 2 book club discussions, its the shit trips 1 discussions no one asked for!

This week we start discussion with the first 4 stories. Will we get through every story? Will this get ignored to hell? Who the fuck knows!

JUST A REMINDER THAT SHIT TRIPS 1 CAN BE FOUND ON THE WIKI!

The stories for this post:
>Hanky-Panky by Immigrant
The first doctor meets a future version on himself, and it gets him thinking about what what awaits his future

>why fight by ben
The doctor has a new companion!

>memetic upgrade by cathartic
The cybermen have a new tactic to convince humanity into a cyber conversion

>lost weekend by nacho
Its the meta-crisis doctor's stag party! But who could he possibly have invited to it while in an alternate universe?

Download it here! doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Shit_Trips:_Vol._1

I actually had a really kino dream last night. Basically, it was a remake of Shada, but with Capaldi. Obviously it was a bit condensed (and being a dream, it had some things that weren't actually Shada-related), but I actually wonder what it'd be like if Shada was redone as a Twelfth Doctor episode. I feel like Capaldi has a really similar sense of comedic timing to Tom Baker. And I want to see him riding a bicycle away from an orb.

Why did the Candy Jar book guys even ask Mortimore to write a book in the first place if they wanted to establish a house style? Did the editors there not read Mortimore's previous books? Did they just go through a list of unemployed Doctor Who authors and hire them willy-nilly? After all, they're one of the few Who spinoffs who still hire John Peel to write.

Looks like someone has got a ST 2.5 story idea!

Not me tho, i've already got a idea

>Why did the Candy Jar book guys even ask Mortimore to write a book
will he? sauce

He wrote some chapters, but they told him to change it to suit their house style, and he was like "Why the fuck did you even hire me?" and left.

Reminder that this exists

what happened to nardole

pity

>Rip-off Bill and Nardole
>The ghost of the Brig frowning in the background as though he can't believe the garbage his likeness is being used for

Bill's mom

Did they just give up on this like an unborn child?

>Did they just go through a list of unemployed Doctor Who authors and hire them willy-nilly?
I imagine so, yeah.

was it canceled?

Why do people act like this is the first time Shada has been recreated?

>Why Fight
It's damn short, (118 words) but pretty good for what it is, reminds me of Bill's first words in the Tardis

>memetic upgrade
As a shitpost story this is damn good, hell if you remove/edit parts of it it might actually be a unironcly kino story

No, but it seems weird they were so starved of doing shit with the Brigadier that they went straight to knockoff Bill and knockoff Nardole.

Want to be a part of /who/ secret santa? Here's how!

Step 1: Set up an amazon account

Step 2: If you don't want people to know your full name go to My Account > Personalization >Your public Profile to change your name to something less tracky.

Step 3: Make a public wish list of stuff you want
Also make sure you add an address or your not getting shit. Go to List Actions > Update List Profiles. Enable 3rd party to get things from amazon sellers(and save a nice gifter a few bucks) For added safety, choose items fulfilled by amazon to avoid possible sharing of your personal address!

Step 4: You post your list with everybody elses

Step 5:???

Step 6: Profit!

Don't worry if you can't gift back, that's not what this is about.
Would like everyone who participates to receive a gift, so if you see a ** next to someone's list, move onto the next one that hasn't received a gift.

Gift Givers, please reply with the list you
purchased for so it can be noted.

17514VADVEQIM**
DGXY4RJPSQWB
1IY0A18BQA7IB
2CG83V99TQ9RD
OFSL0NT2DR5U
2IZSELC8RIKC9**
1ICTY5EYJA536
2HR8QCNPF2EJV
2869K8NQWTDYU
3PAIZYX4T3S3W
user requests a the Radical Doctor Lym requests Jess art.
user requests art of a Ironside trying to make tea.
Post your lists!
Don't want a physical gift? Make a request for OC arts, Vocaroo holiday greeting, or something else maybe? Perhaps someone will fulfill your request!
Merry /who/mas!
Will add them to the copy pasta for the next thread.
>1IY0A18BQA7IB
Let me know when the purchase goes through
amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1IY0A18BQA7IB?type=wishlist&filter=purchased&sort=default

rewatching sesska's NotD reaction in streamo

There's only so much you can do when you have the rights to the Brigadier but not the rights to UNIT, and the only established Who monsters you can use are the Great Intelligence, the Yeti, and the Quarks.

>3PAIZYX4T3S3W
not working

hz/ wishlist / ls /3PAIZYX4T3S3W

remove the spaces

>3PAIZYX4T3S3W
What's your country of origin or which amazon site do you use?

comes out next year

>3PAIZYX4T3S3W
is a col.uk list

the others are US ,com

Im from scotland, so the UK

I'll note it for the next one.

Seriously? They're still doing it?

>Lucy Wilson doesn't want to move from London to sleepy South Wales. But when she arrives at her new seaside home, it doesn't appear to be as boring as she expected.

>Ogmore-by-Sea seems to be under the control of a mysterious and powerful force. But why is Lucy its target? And why, when students at her new school start to disappear, does no one seem to care?

>With the help of her new friend Hobo, Lucy Wilson must assume the mantle of her grandfather, the legendary Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart, and defeat an invisible enemy before it's too late.

Bwahahahahaha

they are trying to get into the Bill train

>amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1IY0A18BQA7IB?type=wishlist&filter=purchased&sort=default
I'll probably have to wait until tomorrow or Tuesday to actually do the purchase. A unexpected expense came up. But its all in the cart waiting to go

dont forget to add a sex toy to the cart

Why does The Name of the Doctor start with an abbreviated sequence of Clara in the Doctor's timestream? Do you think the episode would be better if it left that for the climax, when it actually happens? Does it bother you neither sequence contains all the footage of the other?

Would the cold open just being the first bit of the 1/Clara interaction work better? Would you eliminate doing the Clara timestream stuff in the cold open at all? Are you fine with it and see no issue with it?

Is Clara saying "I don't know where I am" a reference to The Bells of Saint John, which technically kicked off S7B?

What are your thoughts /who/

UK
1MXNH09BNBX5

radiotimes.com/news/2017-11-25/matt-smith-wants-to-return-to-doctor-who-and-team-up-with-jodie-whittaker-in-a-few-years/

Kek he really needs that cocaine money huh?

So does this mean that he's not in TUAT?

I think that's the case, yeah. A ton of the early LS stories are written by AndyFA under different pseudonyms, eg Norma Ashby (a callback to the Norman Ashby name used in "The Dominators"). I admire that they're trying to strike out on their own, and I genuinely hope that succeeds in the child audience (which is unexplored territory for unlicensed Who spinoffs, with the exception of maybe TimeTripper), but I still really wish they'd let Jimbo finish that story. But it was a good heads up that if you screw Jimbo, he'll publish all the emails online. I hope to write for the Lethbridge-Stewart range someday, just for the hell of it.

I saw MC Ride at a grocery store in Sacramento yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually because “TOO MANY HOES IN MY MOTHAFUCKING MEAL” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that makes any sense.

After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yelling really loudly.

These things happen. Just tag me when you do so I can note it.
Added!

you into the candy-jar books?
I was thinking in buying the novellas but I think it has sold out

Pdf when?

good advice though

I posted here once but you guys were mean to me

sorry about that babe

I say sorry on behalf of those rude men

I think it would have been better if the ending was expanded as opposed to the beginning.

Entering the fissure is supposed to split you into a million different pieces across his timeline, so where is this dusty hole Clara went to? The Doctor seemed desperate for her not to jump in as if it was fatal, so if it wasn’t then why the was he bothered? Why wasn’t the Great Inteligence there? How did the Doctor get in? How did the Doctor get out?

Bullshit

This entire time someone has been listing trip names in the last thread. He got it to 374 replies before the bump limit. Now that's dedication

lethbridge-stewart.co.uk/product/novella-bundle-uk/
All still available

Limeys can't think of anything original

How do I gift something that isn't on amazon?

yep, but on the candy-jar sotre site it is not
feels like they forgot about this other store
also I'm not on UK

lymerence has said like five times he's going to do a /who/ song and asks for ideas every time and never actually does anything

Oh fuck off with the trip hate already

t. cats

He's actually compiling a full album and will release it once he's done 12 songs

I made those Fairytale of New York and Merry Xmas Everybody ones

youtube.com/watch?v=QjriiExMtxo

It was Christmas Eve babe
On the /who/ thread
An user said to me,
That Doctor Who is dead;
And then he shitposted
“This show’s become a mess!”
Lym turned his tripcode off
And dreamed about Jess

“Let’s bring back RTD
He loves the BBC! :^)”
I've got a feeling
This thread’s for me and you
So happy Tripmas
I love /who/, baby
In Twice Upon A Time
When all our memes come true

They've got threads that aren’t dead
There’s OC to be had
But the comfy is less
If you’re an RTDchad
When you first took my hand
And led me to the stream
You promised me
Kino was waiting for me

You’re Neo
You’re McGanon
We both think looms are canon
When the stream finished playing
/who/ howled out for more
Claudia was swinging
All the anons were singing
When we went to the thread
All the cletuses left

The boys in the Adam Orford choir
Were singing ‘Song for Ten’
And the anons all cried out
Said “new thread when?”

You're a cuck
You're a normie
You're an autistic boardie
Calling Doctor Who dead
In every fucking thread

You brainlet
You Moffchad
You shitposting tripfag
Happy Tripmas your arse
I hope /who/ gets a ban

Still singing ‘Song for Ten’
Said “new thread when?”

I could have made OC
Even if it was Sneed
You made /who/ less comfy
When you first posted
I post here every day
I made a trip Discord
In case we leave the board
I've built my posts around /who/

Still singing ‘Song for Ten’
Said “new thread when?”

le trip drama XD!!!

Stop posting.

is this canon?

definite canon

got cancelled in a couple of days later

>Putting praise from Jeremy Vine on the cover in order to boost sales
Jeremy Vine, really? What were they thinking?

Well Lym and Anons have requested some art. That might be a good place to start? Maybe sing a /who/mas carol on vocaroo . I think amazon has a few ear stories actually.

They tried quoting Steven Moffat, but "The fuck is this? These are just Bill and Nardole." wasn't something they could put on their book.

It has a lot of BF stuff actually, i saw the Time War and War Master collections for pre-order

he wants to gift the Brigg's poster

If anyone has a Capaldi folder then that could count as a gift i guess

Make up on original alien or monster along with visual description, abilities/powers/weapons, and for bonus points, a backstory.

I meant actually putting a zip of it up

it's a fat middle aged man with brown hair that is able to erase humans.

A monster that looks like an ordinary __ but kills you if you __.

Yeah i've seen a few pop up in my suggestions.
Then he should make him something regardless.
I can work on mine and post it later tonight maybe. I'm woefully unorganized when it comes to my reaction images.

Weirdest thing, whenever I thought about ideas for Doctor Who that I thought would be cool, they'd always manifest in the show or in the audios soon after. Like 8 years ago, I thought it'd be cool if the Doctor's companions were a married couple, and then Amy and Rory showed up. Or how I thought the Doctor could have a Dalek companion, then Asylum of the Daleks aired. And then an idea for a villain made out of psychic gas, and then BF made the Eminence. It's eerie.

>“Acknowledgements….Thanks also to my mother for telephone support and occasional free meals, and Nadia Lamarra for talking about other things (most of the time). Then there’s (inevitably) Jim Mortimore - thanks for the pep-talks, Jim. Also many thanks to Kate Orman, Jon Blum and Lawrence Miles for writing good books to aim at”

ahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Not only is that a great tribute to based Mortimore, it’s an unholy BTFO of most of the previous EDA authors. I love it. This author didn’t even compliment the last novel, Stephen Cole’s, when he’s the guy overseeing the range now.
Ah crap, he does in the next paragraph, for being “patient”. Well, still.

Comfy to get back to Sam after Legacy of the Daleks, mm. Neat to see the books get more serialised a bit too.

>Kekkikks
There’s actually aliens in this book called Kekkikks. Kek.

I really don’t like writing like
>Sam felt a jolt of shock and anger as she realised what was happening. The memorial service was being turned into a propaganda exercise.
I mean I can tell that by the dialogue and the actual scene as written, have some confidence in your writing man.

Not much to say with this one, seems like it’s sandwiched in between two much more interesting books. I liked the author’s first EDA, Genocide, better. I liked that this was more of a Sam book than a Doctor book though. Felt mostly like setup though, and another book that tried to do a bit of an environmentalist premise for Sam but doesn’t really do anything interesting with it. Bring on Seeing I.

Just use an established folklore monster and make it turn out to be an alien. Krampus would be perfect for a christmas episode, he's like the evil version of Santa, like Satan is to God. Kidnaps and tortures children

Eric Roberts is really handsome