The Chad Snyder action choreography

The Chad Snyder action choreography

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nwVNQkxXNV0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Marvel reject action quipgraphy

>the clouds of sweat after the hits

this fight was fucking amazing. why couldnt the whole movie be like this. it is legitimately the only good batman fight scene in history

Just rewatched the film. Still gets my blood going after so many rewatches.

Well played

That raw intensity of those eyes piercing the soul.

this desu

the first few seconds where batman opens a hole in the ground, ziplines up before anyone realizes what happens, disables many of the henchmen's guns with magnetic devices, then drops down again surprising the stunned enemies

that's absolutely how a batman should fight

It'll be years before we see any comic book movies that's this well done again

I wasn't a fan of this movie but the little touches (like the batmobile flinching off of supes) are really well done.

Isn't Batman supposed to not kill? He just drove a knife six inches into that guy's shoulder, that's a catastrophic bleed, in a location that can't be tourniquet'd, so hypovolemic shock in a minute thirty and death unless he's on a surgical table inside ten minutes.

It must be really fun watching a movie with you

can someone summarize the plot in one sentence please

>you must be fun at parties xd heh not redd*t btw

Wow

What happened to Valentina Nappi?

How long did supes hide behind that corner there in the dark for?

wtf what is wrong with you?

Lex Luthor forces Batman to kill Superman because of daddy issues.

I thought BvS was actually very promising, but lost its way for the time period starting with "Martha" and ending with Supes' death. The epilogue scenes were great again.

After batman ceases to be the antagonist (for a dumb reason) all you have is an improperly characterized Lex Luthor as the villain and the conflict seems cheaper.

The film could have solved these problems by:
>portraying Lex as an experienced, confident, cunning villain from the outset it would have made his character much better as the secondary antagonist.
>having Lois' arrival on the scene of the bat vs supes fight be the event which saves Superman rather than "Martha"
>having a secondary plot before/during the Doomsday fight wherein Batman fights a mech-suited Lex which highlights the difference between their characters.

Still liked the movie but it wasn't quite as good as MoS despite its great potential.

I actually think this fight scene sucks. Better than Nolan's fight scenes though.

Probably not the first one to point this out, but what do people think the significance of Graffiti is in the film?

>having a secondary plot before/during the Doomsday fight wherein Batman fights a mech-suited Lex which highlights the difference between their characters.
Oh God this sounds like something Sup Forums would suggest. Mecha Lex sucks. You hear me? SUCKS!

>Isn't Batman supposed to not kill?

yes in the childen cartoons

Only good scene in all of batman vs superman.

shut the fuck up

Bringing a sense of realism in 2 on 1 is extremely difficult to achieve. I've come across only one scene in all of Jackie Chan's movies that accomplishes that and I would give that only a pass. Raid 1 and 2 couldn't pull it off; Raid 2 sort of, albeit smartly, pulled off by the protag fighting in close quarters. Speaking of close quarters, Danny the Dog featuring Jet Li has a good 2 one 1 fight scene.

Anyways, the credibility of the fight isn't great. Does Snyder expects one take this seriously when the dude (who doesn't get stabbed) is apparently taking is sweet time to attack when Batman is elbowing - a very weak elbow by the way - the other dude? The other dude slowly crawling and then quickly getting up to stab Batman is laughable as well.

I really think snyder did the best possible work, and I really think your ideas are stupider than you realize, if you were in charge of comic book movies they would be even more stupid

this is especially dumb:

>>having Lois' arrival on the scene of the bat vs supes fight be the event which saves Superman rather than "Martha"

the scene worked well because it was basically batman realizing what he had become

batman goes full paranoid psycho and superman redeems him

It wouldn't necessarily have to be mecha-Lex, but Bat could use something to do during the first half of the doomsday fight so he doesnt feel useless. I also think the story really could have used a beat where batman and lex really show some fundamental difference, as their motives and penchants for brutality are virtually identical throughout the film and this isn't addressed.

He was the same in The Dark Knight.

see

yeah the movie where he left an entire group of ninja's to die in a fire, where he left ra'z al ghoul to die, where he killed two face and talia? (not a criticism to nolan's movie btw)

I can't reconcile the version of Batman we see in this and his characterization in Justice League.

Perhaps Batman and Superman's disillusionment with humanity. Superman sees the "False God" graffiti on the news and begins to doubt whether he's good for the world. Batman, however, keeps the vandalised Robin costume in the Batcave where he sees it every day, leading him to lose nearly all his faith in humanity and act as a potential warning for what Superman might become. However, by the end of the film, once Superman has laid down his live for humanity, the graffiti now reflects the world's faith in heroes.

I'm sure nobody was injured when he flipped that massive truck on its roof.

Let's face it, the no kill rule has little to no relevance for cinema Batman. In BvS I guess they tied it into his redemption arc but that was more him acting "judge, jury and executioner".

What was Batman so asshurt in BvS about, anyway? The film acts like he wasn't always such a murderhobo

Even if you hate his movies, Snyder has a very keen idea for gorgeous visuals.

>lets people die
>murders Harvey
>kills Talie

He was fighting crime for 20 years seeing people he love die or fall to crime. Remember how broken Bruce was in TDK? Imagine that going on over the course of 20 years. Robin is dead. Rachel is probably dead. And Gotham is still a shithole despite losing so much.

Heck, even if the stories have problems, at least Zack put some kind of thought behind what he was doing.

>knife straight through the subclavian artery and brachial plexus
I thought Batman didn't kill?

>entire core of the franchise and the core motivation for the movie is explained multiple times by lex and batman
>that superman's coming to earth was literally the 9/11 of superheroes and fucked up both characters' confidence and sense of safety/control
>batman feels that mankind would be completely powerless to stop superman if he had one bad day
>lex feels powerless against a god figure that also challenges his athiesm brought about by childhood trauma
>"Oh, yes it has, sir. Everything's changed. Men fall from the sky, the gods hurl thunderbolts, innocents die. That's how it starts, sir. The fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that turns good men... cruel. "
>brainlettes and intentional retards don't get it when there's more than a dozen scenes where bats and lex explain their motivations

How can other superheroes compare? Seriously.

>Men are still good
>I learned this lesson after nearly beating an innocent man to death!
:^)

He learned that lesson after the display of true heroism by Superman slaying himself on Doomsday. Like mentioned, this is a Batman that has completely lost faith in heroes.

Apparently, Batman was going to be kind of suicidal in Justice League believing that he deserves to die for all the people he killed and that he wants to go down saving the Earth.

>money vs alien strenght

>the graffiti now reflects the world's faith in heroes.

the graffiti at the end was another case of vandalism, "look around you" refers to looking around and seeing the destruction his presence caused (the people gathered are at the ground zero of the MoS world engine)

whoever wrote that is saying superman should not be mourned or revered, which is the purpose of the monument

it doesn't mean anything more than that humanity has not fully embraced superman and many still resent him and the chaos he has brought with him

Dumbest post of the day. The grafitti says that his legacy lives on in all of us.

But that would go completely against the whole theme of the film. Try again.

It was literally about how the city still stands because of him
You mongoloid

>implying it can't be read both ways

cape shit is just mythology for cultureless bug men

>hey lets have this totally ambiguous part that either supports the uplifting ending that represents hope for the future where it could be a step completely in the opposite direction towards hyper cynicism with no reaction from the people mourning supes' death

I am convinced that Snyder was consistently let down by his writing team. Acting is fine. Visuals are great, maybe not your cup of tea, but great in their own distinct way. The overarching themes and narrative makes sense.

But scene-by-scene, dialogue, the connecting structure, it's just not there. The writing fails to be concise, fails to get it through clearly. Snyder is at the very least a competent director consistently hamstrung by a poor writing team.

>But scene-by-scene, dialogue, the connecting structure, it's just not there
It literally varies from fine to great
>fails to get it through clearly
You are not fit to watch the most lowbrow of movies

>no kill rule has little to no relevance for cinema Batman
What a dumb thing to say.
The Batman's moral code is completely integral to his character, without it he is stripped off of any depth and tension from his character and becomes just a rich guy who wears a spandex suit then.

The best example for this would be the Joker - Batman relationship. The whole point of them is Joker constantly pushing Batman on the edge of his morals, trying to make him kill someone/break his code.
But now when Batman is killing everyone left and right there is no point to them, Batman could literally find out where Joker is and call the fucking artilery on the whole place. And there is no need for dialogue between them ever, as soon as Batman sees The Joker he should just shoot him/bomb him/run him over whatever.
The morals are a crucial part of "Batman", he's not just a rich guy who wants to murder every criminal in the world while wearing an edgy bat costume.

If there are no morals to be saved then why even be Batman? Why even wear a fucking bat costume every night?
Why does he fist fight with those criminals in the movie, why doesn't he just fucking shoot them all at sight? Buy like a hundred of weaponized drones and kill any criminal on the street? Buy some edgy most highly advanced artillery with pin point accuracy and blast anyone that bothers him or the citizens of Gotham?
Joker becomes just a yet another criminal who he needs to kill, nothing more.

yes user, the studio shoved multiple frame expositional email character setups scene was so deep and great, absolutely epic kino am I rite

>mercenaries
>human

>Ouch!
Or
>UMA

This is just not true. A lot of the dialogue is muddy, plenty of scenes are disconnected, there's not a clear sense of build-up. The themes are discoverable and understandable, but they are not given the clarity and crispness needed to pull the movie up.

What hyper cynicism? I certainly don't think that's what's communicated if my interpretation were correct.

HOWEVER

I guess I agree with you lads. Reading about the origin of the phrase (i'll copy it below), it's obviously meant to refer to a positive legacy. But, you can't deny it COULD be written as an ironic diss of Superman, and that certainly was my first gut interpretation of it (though I agree it's probably not meant to be ambiguous in that way by Snyder).

>It took 35 years to complete London's magnificent St. Paul's Cathedral. When its architect, Sir Christopher Wren, died twelve years later in 1723, he was entombed inside, under a simple slab of black marble. Wren's son placed a dedication nearby, which contains the words "Lector, si monumentum requiris, circumspice" ("Reader, if you seek a monument, look around you").

>dialogue gets everything across unless you intentionally misconstrue what's being said or are a literal retard
>"But hey remember the Justice League teasers! Haha!"

Rare footage of user actually having a change of mind based on arguments while also being humble about it

MoS writer let him down. But Terrio? That guy is cerebral as fuck.

killing is fun my dude

So if Batman is OK with killing now, why does he still bother with gadgets? Mowing all those henchman down with a machine gun would have been a lot quicker and easier than beating them all up one by one with his fists and ninja stars

>let me use my twitch memes on Sup Forums xddd that'll show them

It's because of shit like this, I want a Room 237-style film just documenting all the over-analysed in-depth theories on Batman v Superman

JACKIE CHAN FOR REFERENCE OF REALISM IN A FIGHT.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I'm done, kid.

>The best example for this would be the Joker - Batman relationship. The whole point of them is Joker constantly pushing Batman on the edge of his morals, trying to make him kill someone/break his code.

Yes, and BvS takes place after Joker has succeeded in this, probably by killing Robin.

>But now when Batman is killing everyone left and right there is no point to them, Batman could literally find out where Joker is and call the fucking artilery on the whole place.

Which is why the Joker isn't in this movie?

>If there are no morals to be saved then why even be Batman? Why even wear a fucking bat costume every night?

The point of the Batman is to instill fear, which is what he does.

>Why does he fist fight with those criminals in the movie, why doesn't he just fucking shoot them all at sight? Buy like a hundred of weaponized drones and kill any criminal on the street? Buy some edgy most highly advanced artillery with pin point accuracy and blast anyone that bothers him or the citizens of Gotham?

Perhaps because there is a big area between pragmatist and ruthless methodical psychopath. In BvS, Batman doesn't shy away from killing, but he doesn't engage in it just for the sake of it. He tortures for information, not for fun. This is like asking why the U.S. military didn't just carpet bomb the entirety of Iraq.

Also, at the end, he doesn't brand Lex, which is meant to show he's renounced killing or at least the more ruthless parts of him.

This, "no kill" and "no guns" aren't the be all end all of Batman's moral code. He's used guns plenty of times and he's killed even more.

He probably should have branded Luthor desu

But why bother with those edgy small Batman gadgets at all? Why does he need to waste his time fighting those criminals in the warehouse with fists? Wouldn't a small machine gun or any weapon solve the problem quicker and more efficient than throwing batman ninja stars? He's built like a bulletproof tank so it's the same to him.
>This is like asking why the U.S. military didn't just carpet bomb the entirety of Iraq.
What an extremely stupid objectively false comparison. No one would complain if Batman blew up a mafia/mercenary bulding, it's not like he would have to drop nuclear bombs on Gotham or whatever.

Lex manipulates Batman's fears about superman to start a fight between the two

>any depth and tension from his character and becomes just a rich guy who wears a spandex suit then
is zorro just a rich guy in black with a sword?
is the shadow just a pulp character in black?
are any of the protagonists of any number of series and dark stories just dudes in spandex?

fuck of with your paper thin self righteous projection that blatantly twists events in the movie to fit your 'argument'

An objectively moral and philosophically aristotelian tragedy involving an alien who can't be stopped, a man who can't be moved and the insect playing god who despises and wishes to dethrone both for his own superficial moral vanity in a morally bankrupt world.

Will the immovable mover win? Or will the insect dethrone the gods?

easy way to portray social approval

> #
> #
> #
You're all retards

I agree with this. In the movie, they had him fist fight these perps because they needed to have a cool Batman fightscene. However, there's no way Batman would openly engage a dozen armed thugs in close quarters with no cover head on. He would take that many people out using the cover of darkness, more like how Christian Bale did in Batman Begins at the docks.

>WHERE ARE YOU?
>here....

Also Batman getting stabbed in the shoulder... I mean that could have been in his neck, his lung, his face... just a few more inches and that would have been it.

He didn't use any gas grenades or flashbangs, no Batarangs, bolas... nothing like that. He just fought a bunch of people after pointlessly disabling their guns in the most complex way possible. Then he noisily almost got himself killed while he dispatched them. I agree. It's a stupid, pointless, nonsensical scene... but it was in there for a different purpose, and it served that alternate purpose very, very well.

>He didn't use any gas grenades or flashbangs, no Batarangs, bolas... nothing like that
.... he starts out with a grenade two break through the third floor, and throws a batarang at someone who was about to shoot at him.

the whole point is that he has to clear out all of the mercenaries before time runs out as he can't just barge into the room martha is in and just expect to be able to get out her with no resistance

just stop with this

Stop posting retard, this batman was perfect in this fight scene where faggot bale would have died within minutes. The fight was great and batman to its core. Lol at him not using batarangs when he clearly did. Stop blowing smoke retard.

But if time is so precious why fight them with fists? Why didn't he replace those so highly advanced gun disabling devices with actual small bombs? Wouldn't that make it quicker? And just shoot everybody else who comes in his way? Not to fight everyone one on one and get stabbed and tinnitus from a inch away shot from the ear.
It makes no sense.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME, HE ACTUALLY SAID OUCHIE?!

You're not better at prep than the goddamned batman, stop trying.

mow kys

I am critiquing the writers of the film user, you seem a bit lost.
Nice non argument though.

>>having a secondary plot before/during the Doomsday fight wherein Batman fights a mech-suited Lex which highlights the difference between their characters.

LOL

>>portraying Lex as an experienced, confident, cunning villain from the outset it would have made his character much better as the secondary antagonist.

hes much more interesting as an insane philosopher genius than a bald guy who has his cliche plans foiled every time

you only think hes a bad characterization because he isnt your cartoon version

>Batman that has completely lost faith in heroes

He's basically Bane, Scarecrow and Two Face when he's brutalising Superman

Best part of the film

"Breath it in. That's fear."

>scenes numales will never understand

Why do cops have tazers and batons? Why not give them all sub-machine guns so they can mow down criminals? Wouldn't that make it quicker?

You still don't see there is a difference between slaughtering everyone and not shying away from lethal violence? Armies are expected to kill, but they still don't routinely use small-scale nuclear devices or chemical/biological warfare to do it, even though it would be easier and quicker.

>strictly non-lethal
and
>methodical butcher

are not the only two choices one can have.

Cops have both non-lethal and lethal weaponry because even though they don't set out to kill, they accept that there are situations where they might have to.

>Why do cops have tazers and batons? Why not give them all sub-machine guns so they can mow down criminals? Wouldn't that make it quicker?
Because they are not dealing with heavily armed mercenaries user, they are dealing with everyone from hood niggers to edgy kids stealing shit from stores. If cops know they are going to encounter heavily armed mercenaries, you bet that they will get there with sub-machine guns and all the right equipment to take down those people, especially if they are attacking them.

>But if time is so precious why fight them with fists
why fight them at all?
why not use heat seeking technology to just take them all out?

why does batman use his fists *wherever possible*? damn... i wonder if beating people up is therapeutic and an actual compulsion for him

but hey, since you're so concerned with quickness
youtube.com/watch?v=nwVNQkxXNV0

>I am critiquing the writers
no you ain't brother, if any of this was for real you'd be questioning why batman as a character has to even fight people in the first place

>sub-machine guns
outdated and unused.
Cops have AR-15 carbines and/or pump action 12g's in their squad cars now.

*cackles*

You're missing the point, cops aren't Batman. Heavily armed mercenaries don't relate to Batman the same way they do to simple police.

Batman dons more armor and uses more advanced weaponry to fight Supes.

>movies soyboys will never understand

In other instances where Batman has the moral code of not to kill he has to fight and disable them to get to where he wants or save whoever he wants to save. But yeah here he has no excuse to just blast everyone on sight who tries to attack him.