MARVEL-SHITS

MARVEL-SHITS

COME OUT TO PLAY

MARVEL-SHITS

COME OUT TO PLLAAAAYAAAYYYY.

lol well at least they'll make there money back!

I love how everyone is calling this a failure but damage controlled hard when Spiderman: Homecoming underperformed.

>bombs in America
>does well in brown countries
Who was wrong here?

>thor makes 800M
>infinity wars guaranteed to at least double it.

????

>but damage controlled hard when Spiderman: Homecoming underperformed.
Made more money than wonder woman

Nigga this is an enormous failure, why do DCucks keep trying to downplay how poorly this movie has done

Did super well for a Sony movie

Homecoming climbed to 880m thanks to great legs. You genuinely think JL will have legs with Last Jedi coming soon?

>grosslets
>will they ever learn

DC's answer to the avengers beaten by a kids movie in its second week....

How Embarrassing

Spider man cost a 180 million to make and made back 880 million.
In what world is that considered a flop?

underperformed =/= flop

The power of south america and india. I told you guys!

Why the fuck does anyone here give a fuck about capeshit letalone giving a fuck about companies?

Don't they need to reach 750 million to brake even?

But Homecoming broke records in India.

>880 million
>Underperformed
Justice League not hitting a billion is underperforming, a Spiderman movie hitting 880 million is performing at or above expectations

love you op heh

that movie was based asf

>Thor made twice as much as JL
lol...

Homecoming was expected to brake a billion, as was Guardians 2. This wasn't the best year for capeshit, or movies in general.

if the movie is a success it will mean no more interesting movies like nolan's batman, man of steel, or batman v superman, or snyder's original justice league so what's the point of rooting for it to succeed

>inb4 the "bvs and mos were bad" memesters

Coming off The Dark World, Ragnarok getting to 800m was overperforming, though.

to profit

spiderman wasnt that good imo.. things get stal after a while and as much as there was good plotdevices and story elements, there wasn't anything new except them breaking comic book story telling left and right. They didn't draw enough from the comic books like JL did and that is without a doubt JL's golden ticket. It felt like a comic book.

>MARVEL-SHITS
>COME OUT TO PLAY
Marvel's team up movie made more than 3x this. In what world is JL's box office even comparable?

But they were divided between Sony and Disney. The more the players, the lower their paids.

I'm pretty sure they have a ~$850 break even point. I heard production plus marketing was $425mil

FUCK OFF WITH SCREEN SHOTS YOU BITCH

True Ragnarok has done better then expected, but it doesn't make up for Guardian 2's underperformance.

Well the movie alone cost 300 million, so add in about 100-150 in marketing and then it's no wonder news outlets are reporting that it'll be a 50-100 million loss.

I was rewatching the Dark Knight yesterday... it's kind of sad how dumb movies have become in general since then...

>people believe the reshoots were 50 million dollars

how the fuck can kikes spend this much money on a shitty capeshit movie? just how much money are they laundering? lmao

CGI and starpower

>300 mill budget + Marketing
>only 481 Mill

So this....is the power of DC

They spend that much because big sets with lots of shitty effects aren't cheap.

Pretty sure the break even point is 1250$, there's lots of undisclosed expenses.

Lol @ dcucks

There are never undisclosed expenses. You can't write those off on your taxes

IF YOU'RE GOOD AT SOMETHING NEVER DO IT FOR FREE
HEHEHEHEHEHE HHOHOH HAHAHAHAH
IM DA JOKER BABY

They don't, they just say it's 300mil so they can claim a loss and pay out less afterwards.

These movies are definitely expensive, but the numbers are inflated on purpose. This movie is turning a profit already

You're right, realistically they probably cost double that

>Justice League will make less than Spider-Man Flopcoming
>DCucks will say it's a success

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Try again Dcuck.

>Movie cost = 300 mill + Advertisement
>Only 481 worldwide

We're already past the second weekend and JL is confirmed the biggest failure of DCEU. Stay mad at the fact that MARVEL ALWAYS WINS.

No Spiderman movie has ever broken a billion, Hell no Spiderman movie has ever broken 900 million, and this one was coming off two financially disappointing movies

anyone expecting a billion was stupid, blowing the previous two movies out of the water and having the second highest Spiderman box office of all time is more than they could have hoped for, given the year Sony has had are you dumb enough to think they're actually disappointed by Homecoming?

>infinity wars guaranteed to at least double it.
get ready to have your hopes and dreams crushed as it barely tops out at 800k

I don't sense the hype fot it desu

OH NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh you mean there was a flood for a movie for kids, on a kids holiday... shh brainlet, let the adults with more than a 2d perspective talk

>family movie beats mature comic film in its second weekend on Thanksgiving weekend

>Mad soyboy Dcuck triggered this hard
This is so hilarious, please keep going.

>says the "Marvel will flop now" user for the 20th time

>barely tops out at 800k

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MATURE

>Dcuck samefagging this hard
>MUH MATURE COMIC!
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAA

WB made the decision to put out there big tent pole film knowing full well Pixar and Star Wars were coming out right after it

Hello Amy Pascal what are you doing in Sup Forums?

Nah

Hell no it isn't. Even my grand pa grew up reading superman and still keeps up today. He could give a fuck about a disney shit release as I do. This is where the numbers don't add up. Dome of love comics and we know the shit marvel is and the real comics like DC.

all of you

Guardians of the Galaxy had over a $50 million budget increase due to reshoots, and they didn't reshoot as much as JL

>In January 2015, Disney revealed that the film came in "slightly over the agreed budget" at $232.3 million, with Disney receiving a rebate of $36.4 million from the British government.[2] It was previously estimated to have had a $170 million budget.[132]

But... isn't Justice League a kids movie too?

>fucking Ant Man have a better score than JUSTice League
>Friggin Ant Man

BVS did 424 in 3 days you cuck

It might flop, but it's still gonna make at least as much as avengers*.

*see : avengers roughly one week of ultron

JL will gross around 1 Billion dollars, the quality of DC works + Snyder's visionary directing will make JL one of the highest grossing movies ever, screencap this post because this is what will happen and it will be the first step for DC to rule in the world of cb adaptations, people are simply fed up with Marvel's babyish attitude and their nonsensical messes of movies, people want adult themes and a story well told.

> live action series - dc owns

lmao

and it still kicked ass. Should use gimmicks to carry your story desu. Only like 5 songs in the credits for jl(one of which was blackpink which I appreciated personally being a fan). This was a JL for fans in general. Me and many others watched this movie twice. There will be more and yw in advance.

>The "biggest superhero team ever" will have the lowest capeshit grossing of the year aside from Logan

>this post

Is this how a desperate Dcuck looks like? holy shit this is pathetic.

>anyone expecting a billion was stupid

Sony

At this point I don't know what people and critics want anymore.

They keep complaining about how quips are not enough to carry a superhero movies that they need depth.
Yet when Ang Lee made the Hulk he was trashed for packing to much story and conflict in the thing and not being fun. And now you got Snyder who is "not fun" for 2 movies and WB forced it to make it "fun" the critics now say it is not serious enough.

What the fuck do they want and why movie exects keep pandering to this set of ungrateful people?

DC>Marvel no matter how you look at it it's the objective opinion

>and it still kicked ass.
More like RT kicked its ass.

Weird that JL has the best 2nd weekend drop after Wonder Woman considering how poorly did the first week

Idk I definetly would like to see the Zack Snyder version of JL. It sounds like he had bigger plans that would have added to the other films. A bit of a shame I guess but maybe this was better. It's feeling better with Joss though. He knows how to make things it the mark in smaller steps.

If not that many people saw it in the first place, not that many people seeing it in the next week isn't a big drop off. 100 to 10 is a bigger dropoff than 50 to 10.

DC's recent animated movies are actually worse than their live action films, and it's too small a platform to matter anyways.

also that pic is incorrect, 96MIL was am estimate, it actually did less than 94

How do they expect to win with this miscast?

fridge city

All I know is my theater ended in applause. That shit is priceless for many people.

>mature
>with that quipping flash in it
I don't think so

seriously, wtf is the deal with pajeets and poo? they shit in the streets, look and smell like shit, eat food that looks like shit and watch absolute shit like JUST league. How can over a billion people be an embarrassment to the entire species?

also
>You don't understand the subtle symbolism in BvS Zack Snyder is a genius no one understands his work

Give it another weekened it might hit GotG2's numbers

Spider-Man Homecoming made more than BVS, GoTG 2, and Wonder Woman internationally, and is the fourth highest grossing movie of 2017 domestically. What damage control is needed? It's likely going to be the highest grossing superhero film of 2017, since Ragnarok likely won't have the same kind of legs competing against JL and SW

>brake

They need 450 to cover production + marketing. After that everything is money for them (or for the disrtibution/theaters)

capeshit needs to die

i dont get if marvel or dc takes the first hit

one of them has to just tank

>Homecoming was expected to brake a billion, as was Guardians 2. This wasn't the best year for capeshit, or movies in general.

Homecoming brake a billion with that cast?
Impossible

normies and fans want to see
Gwen, Mary Jane, Norman and Harry with that hair from comics
stop making movies for yourself and make to the fans

4 BIZ

NOOOOOO

Hello Marveldrone! Did your masters already gave your ration today?

itt: nerds fighting each other for corporate profits

that's the most subtle bait i've seen in years
take this (You) user, you deserved it

Umm no sweetie you're not allowed to play with the big boys

>America
>not a brown country

literally fucking wrong, WB said $600m to break even.

Word of mouth is doing wonders for Ragnorok though.