Is The Simpsons (golden age) the most important show ever aired?

Is The Simpsons (golden age) the most important show ever aired?

>Essentially revolutionized Western humour.
>beloved and translated across the world
>for ~6-7 years had some of the best comedy writing ever. Period. Watch any 3 minute clip of prime Simpsons and just count the number of giggles and belly laughs.
>an entire cast of enduring pop cultural icons. Not only the main cast but virtually every sub-character is instantly recognisable
>transcended its own medium to the point that people don't even really think of it as a cartoon (which is difficult now but was virtually impossible at the time)
>no canned laughter which stops it from aging badly like other sitcoms of the era
>for a directly observable effect of its influence, even 20-30 years after its prime it is one the biggest sources of reaction images here
>speaking of which, it's been utter shit for ~20 years but that hasn't tarnished people's memory of the classic series

So is [some selection of series 1-8, choose as you prefer] the best show ever written?

yes

I thought season 9 was the last good season. The fuck.

Is there a documentary on life during golden simpsons?

gey

Too bad it sucks and fucks now.

so many people argue over what the final good season is, to the point it makes me want to go back to watch it

>sneed

It was somewhat gradual. 8 had quite a few duds which had never really happened at this point. But 9 had the first truly unforgivable ep

*seeds and feeds

this was the end

I have no idea who still wtches the show. I know nobody that does.

I thought up to season 12 there were still plenty of good ones, I really liked Behind the Laughter, I think it works as a series finale of sorts

>I bought stock in a mace company just before society crumbled.

When did society crumble?

It was one of the biggest advocates of degeneracy of its time.
>hurr the men in the family are bad but the women are good

what on earth does this have to do with degeneracy?

This. Based belly laughs

South americans

Season 10 had enough brilliant episodes to make it the last part of golden era. S11 had too many bad ones without the highlights to balance it out.

I think the fact that this is the case yet people still love classic simpsons is actually a point in its favor

>you got the sneed

>seasons 1-2
They were getting there.

>seasons 3-8
Toppest tier humor ever.

>anything else
Pure shit.

>speaking of which, it's been utter shit for ~20 years but that hasn't tarnished people's memory of the classic series
Did for me.

I'm Brazilian and I have never met a single person who still watches it.

I agree. Even 12 year old me knew this was a moment when Simpsons changed for the worse.

>anything else Pure shit

S9 had some of the flat-out funniest episodes they ever made. Bart Carny for example is an overlooked gem. Classic Swartzwelder. Everything Homer says is pant-soakingly hilarious.

>You see, the trick here is the rings won't fit over the good prizes.
>We'll see about that. Give me 10 rings.