What do you think of The Office (US)?

What do you think of The Office (US)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Yredc3ayOE
youtube.com/watch?v=CSCaEijMx3U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This will become a Jenna thread and get at least 50 replies.

>seasons 1-2
pure kino
>seasons 3-4
pretty good, show is starting to lose its steam though
>seasons 5-6
ehh the show is starting to lose me but that whole michael/that cop from the wire dynamic was the best thing to come out of the show post season 2
>seasons 7-9
trash

Better than The Office (UK)

I will wait for this thread to fill up with pictures and webms, middle click on every single one of them and close the thread without reading a single post.
Thank you for your contribution.

Why did they fuck over Andy? He was a great character until all the boat and erin shit and then he gets cucked on american idol? terrible

>He was a great character
no he wasnt

>he was a great character

Pretty sure he was busy shooting stuff like hangover at the time, so thats why he wasnt really there, and then, no Andy was kinda an asshole a lot of the time.

Thanks for the input, Gabe.

what about him as a character was any good? Like in s3 when they first introduced his character was an asshole/ weasel co-worker, but then by s4 he was just a weird idiot. There was no part of the series where he was funny at all or served any purpose.

Like all US adaptations, casts beautiful people, turns pathos into "hilarious zingers" and completely misses the point. Black comedy about the soul at breaking point becomes a bunch of "zany" chucklefucks running around.
I can't blame US broadcasters for doing this though, they know their audience isn't very bright.

>tfw no autistic cutie GF

I only recently finished and watched 2-3 episodes every evening without getting tired of it.
I didn't even miss Michael as much as I thought I would after he left, show worked fine without him, I think. In fact I forgot about him until he reappeared in the finale but that was so short and disappointing that I have no idea why they bothered

people would have went apeshit if michael didnt show up

did you realize how fedora this post was when you typed it out or did you just not care

wow! she has some really saggy tits

Why did she become such a cunt towards the end?
Infact why did all of them? Everyone except maybe Dwight just became unbearable.

Sexual assault. He should be fired.

>season 1
comfy
>seasons 2-3
kino
>seasons 4-6
good
>season 7
tolerable
>season 8-9
just don't

Dwight's autism protected him from shit writing. Erin wasn't so much a cunt, as just pretty odd/awkward which makes her come off as such.

Will she do a nude scene?

What do you mean? Why was she a cunt? She was distant to Andy but he fucked off for 3 months so that is kinda understandable

Quads never lie

It was an overrated and existentially depressing show that only Normalfags loved.

>Work all day under flourescent light
>Serve your boss for underpaid salary
>Fall in love with your 7/10 secretary
>Clock out and drive home with your 1 hour commute
>Turn on the television, tune into your favorite show with your favorite characters who are JUST LIKE YOU
>"OMG I KNOW A DWIGHT"
>Pass out with fingers coated in cheeto dust
>Restart it all again the next day

The boat part was pretty fucking retarded. Andy and Erin were the best match because they both had severe autism. Pete was not even a character. At first I thought they were going for a Nu-Jim&Pam situation with Pete and her and then she was just together with him and that was it, weird as fuck.

Do you enjoy anything tho, user?

I think it was pretty obvious that the writers were pissed that he left to do the Hangover and so they completely fucked his character over.

Who cares, though. Andy was a trash character and Ed Helms is awful. You give him more than like 30 seconds of screen time and he's going to shoehorn in some fucking dumbass singing/musical scene.

I get that shes upset with andy but he clearly had big issues. But she decided she didnt care about him anymore and went for the new guy.
this

wow, it's almost like she's an accurate woman.

Yes, plenty. But a workplace comedy will never be enjoyable to watch as long as its set in such a nightmarish scenario. There aren't even any goddamned windows in the main cubicle area

See also SUPERSTORE, THE I.T. CROWD, SCRUBS

Good non-claustrophobic Workplace comedies
CHEERS, 30 ROCK, SILICON VALLEY,

Much funnier than the autistic British trash.

British TV fucking sucks dick

The U.S. versions of TV shows are ALWAYS superior

British Top Gear? An unfunny violent manchild spouting memes at a camera. British office? you'd have to be autistic to laugh at that shit and everyone's ugly.

And don't even get me started on Monty Python

>le spam XD

Brits today can't even watch tv without it being preapproved by the BBC to make sure that it's nonproblematic.

If you like British Tv you should leave this board

Why are you yelling the names of the shows?

I was going through a very rough time in my life when I first started watching it. My depression was consuming my life to the point where I spent 3 years as a neet because leaving the house gave me panic attacks. Spending the afternoons watching The Office was one of the few good moments I've had and probably the only thing I miss from those days.

It completely misses the point of the original and instead just takes the setting and the fly-on-the-wall gimmick and churns out another run-of-the-mill American sitcom.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Yredc3ayOE

those arent quads u newfag

It has heart and soul unlike anything shat out by that arrogant manchild Gervais.

Jenna thread?
U
S
T

They have good ideas and they know their limits better, but their shows are designed to appeal to the sensibilities of lousy British people. That works fine when it comes to something inherently British like their 50000000 shows about the Royal family or class struggles in Victorian times or whatever, but it doesn't work for everyday comedies.

Any American that tells you otherwise is either a tryhard contrarian faggot, or a self-hating Tumblr whale.

>Jim made it and you didn't

Peep Show is such a gem

It doesnt really illustrate the point of america ruing tv shows when the recording is literally just static noise the whoole time.

did you say jennathread??

Tim and Dawn’s resolution in the final scenes of the U.K. Office had more heart and soul than anything in the US by far. Unlike Tim, Jim is an arrogant cunt who doesn’t realise how much of a fucking loser he is.

>Any American that tells you otherwise has a higher QI than me

youtube.com/watch?v=CSCaEijMx3U

Do you guys actually find Pam sexually attractive, or do you just waifu her because she's the lead female?

He's got his hand out for (You)s. Very generous of you, by the way.

She was just cute.
Jan & Karen controlled my dick though.

I want to fuck the religion out of angela

angela was super hot at the start of the show but she just became annoying to the point where it just wouldnt be enjoyable to fuck her.

Americans need to stop making things longer than they need to be. The show wasn't funny after one series why do they need fifty million of them with nine hundred episodes a piece? Stop it.

>that whole michael/that cop from the wire dynamic
Which cop? I only remember that Sobotka guy and Idris Elba.

Let we know when Dr. Who finally wraps up.

Only retards like Doctor Who.

Brits aren't any different for running things in the ground for the shekel. It's just the US is the capital of TV and movies, so we have a fuck ton more shit.

This

In fact, Brits are actually worse than us.

flanderism + need for conflict

Steve Carrell said the characters and show developed so much without him that he didn't want the finale to be all about him.

How did Steve Carell age 20 years in 6 years?

>5557
>quads
are you retarded

it's literally just the grey hair he finally stopped dying.
Reminder he's 55 after all.

Best show ever. Seasons 2-5 and the last few episides of season nine are absolutely amazing. Flanderization kinda hurt it though. Kevin went from dull to mentally retarded, for example. They pulled the plug at the right time.

The Sabre arc (last half of season six all the way through the end of eight) was not my favorite. DM corporate, road trips to NYC and David Wallace were extremely comfy. I'm glad they brought him back at the end. Also Andy was my favorite character but I didn't like him as manager one bit.

Seen it three times and gonna do a fourth. Also I need to make a Jenna folder.

Did she get MORETZ'd??

>Holly is ruining Michael's life. He thinks she is so special and she's so not. Her personality is like a 3. Her sense of humor is a 2. Her ears are like a 7 and a 4. Add it all up and what do you get? 16. And he treats her like she's a perfect 40. It's nuts.
what the fuck is wrong with her character

>all of them
Pam and Jim the most though

This times infinity
Pam & Erin will always be my favorite but Jan, Karen & Angela to an extent activate me

Never seen it. The UK Office was too good, I have zero interest in a watered down US version.

>a watered down US version.
Micheal is so much better than David though.

used to love it back then when it was still airing. but now that i'm grown up and working in a desk job i kinda resent it and can relate to everyone in that fucking place (especially in that office space movie)... id kill to have a boss like michael though, because you have no idea how pain relieving it is to have that one person in an office job that breaks the boredom

Girl autism is less apparent but it's still there. And it makes them that much better.

Comfy, I first got into it when I got my first office job and it helped me through some hard times.

However I agree with the sentiment that once Jim and Pam get engaged and then finally married the show loses steam. Once Michael left I found I was turning it on just to get through it and see the show's end.

giv jenna mommy

Exactly

Just another Le wacky so randum memes!!!! Show

Fucking terrible comped to the brilliance of the U.K. version

I dislike Gervais, especially these days, as the unfunny cunt he is, but the smartest thing he ever did was limit The Office and Extras to two seasons of each. Plus, we all know it's not Gervais who made the UK version, it was Stephen Merchant.
But yeah, the Brits do tend to go on and on with some of their shows, like Crossroads, or Shameless, which went what, 12 seasons?
I dunno. I favor UK stuff, because too much stuff in the US is "hurr derr" level shit.

"looks at camera as it zooms in on my stupid expression": the show

I've been trying to get myself to watch The Office US and Parks and Rec for years now but I just can't. Peep Show does awkward waaaaaaaaaaay better and I have yet to finish that. Probably will before I go on to the other two.

>Pete was not even a character.

I completely forgot about that character and I binge the series about once a year. Completely forgettable character.

Don't care.

FWIW Parks & Rec is a little better than Office in the zoom-in expression and fuckwit retardation factors.

Uh no. David was a complex character with depth, Micheal was just wacky parkour man

Dwight was the only honorable and honest character in the entire series.

Fight me.

> tfw finished the show for the first time today
> tfw got major feels
> tfw I realised I was Toby all along
> tfw he didn't get an happy ending

good to know. the mustache guy seems pretty hilarious. might watch just for him.

He's not forgettable, just overshadowed. Season 9 is a blur and the memorable parts of it (at the end) don't include him.

Mustache guy (Ron) is easily the third best character in a show and he gets a ton of screentime. You won't be disappointed, although he's not as fun in the first season (6 episodes) as he is in the following seasons so be patient.

Andy is the only legitimately retarded character in the show. Amy Poehler's lead is overly enthusiastic and bubbly, but more intelligent than Michael Scott by a long shot.

Mustache man (Ron) gets a hell of a lot of screen time after the first season and is easily the best character. Adam Scott and Rob Lowe add a lot later on, too.

>Michael
manipulative, liar and immature
>Jim
pandering asshole whole put put the pussy on a pedestal
>Pam
undermining, led Jim on at first, became a botch in later seasons
>Angela
Judgmental CU Next Tuesday
>Andy
egotistical jerk with anger issues
>Toby
constantly hit on Pam even when she was with Roy/Jim; probably a serial murderer
>Kevin
sexual deviant
>Erin
constant neuroses, was a bitch to Anndy
>Gabe
beta bitch who tried to undermine Andy at every turn
>Stanley
serial adulterer
>Kelly
Manipulative and a liar
>Ryan
same as Kelly, manipulative and a liar
>Creed
thief, liar, possibly guilty of murder/manslaughter
>Oscar
self-righteous, egotistical
>Roy
inconsiderate asshole (though it does seem like he got his act together towards the end)

Only person I can think of besides Dwight who was honest and honorable was Phyllis. Unfortunately her character was dull as shit.

Yeah, no. David was not deep, nor complex. He was a pompous narcissist, just like the guy who played him. Which was the entire point of the show.

>a show with loads of characters
>unlike real life people, these characters have flaws

Get off 4 Chan Dwight

>Phyllis
>honest and honorable
Have you ever watched the fucking show? That's like her whole character. She seems like that sweet grandmother but becomes a snake when she's got the upper hand