Is One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest a good movie?

Is One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest a good movie?

yes. go watch it.

yes. go watch it.

Always watch it before talking

I did and thought it was shit. Just wanted to start a thread and see if you losers here would pretend it was a good movie for the sake of looking cool.

Don't waste your time. It's one of those movies people only pretend to like.

Its alright.
But there have been plenty of films just as good which didnt get a tenth of the recognition.

I dont get why its singled out.

The book is way better.

Yeah

It's a good book too

>Nicholson statutory rapes a little girl
>pretends to be crazy and tricks judge
>goes to nut hut
>systematically interrupts the healing of other inmates
>routinely steals from them and undermines the authority of the staff trying to help people
>commits multiple felonies while there
>ultimately ends with a boy killing himself
>blames the nurse
>retards in the audience agree with and identify with him

Idk if it is just the movie but Randal's character motivation didn't make sense. Like he had the chance to dip out several times and didn't

It's a good but depressing movie. This thread is obviously full of brainlets.

It was a good movie, good performances from everyone and all but it shits all over the book. I'm not one to usually compare adaptions but they got the characters completely wrong to the point the author of the book literally sued them and won.

Is it just me or is the world full of nurse Ratchets?

always had a hard time with this

one flew over the cuckoo's nest and cool hand luke were books that dealt with a lot of the same themes in a similar setting and were released close together, they then both quickly had movie adaptations, chl was a lot more blunt and less artistic and isn't nearly as renown, it's mostly just
>failure to communicate
>50 eggs

think a lot of this is because nicholson and forman are overrated, it did better at the oscars and kesey used a narrative trick to leave you thinking mcmurphy mas forcefully committed so they all were

but I just like luke a lot better as a character

This is the most accurate synopsis i've read of this movie. Seriously.

I just kinda hate all those anti-establishment hippie-philosophy movies now.

One of the shittiest movies I've seen.

>Supporting inhumane treatment and lobotimization

Meanwhile I bet you whine if the bus 5 minutes late.

There is trying to make the world better and there is taking a big shit on it.

>It's one of those movies people only pretend to like

I really dont understand why is this considered a masterpiece

>swept the oscars

reminder that

>barry lyndon
>dog day afternoon
>jaws

were all released that same year
many would say barry lyndon was a better movie
dog day afternoon shows how oscarbait is a more recent phenomenon, it was actually somewhat groundbreaking in depictions of homo and trans sexuals
jaws is considered better directed, I think it's a better screenplay

read the book?

he was a war here in korea, his character always rises to the challenge
but most of the characters were free to leave at any time which is more in line with your argument

it won 5 oscars, but I don't see it on tv or local independent theaters that show classics

Nope. It's the idea of "rebellion" that a teenager has. It also seems to want to justify Nicholson's character because it brings "hope" or joy to the mentally ill in contrast to the hard and cold nurse. Because, of course, parties and lack of control is exactly what mental patients need...

Nah, One Flew deserved all its Oscars. The only one I'd argue is Robert Shaw probably gave the best lead performance that year, but surprisingly he wasn't even nominated.

Here's Johnny!

Ratched wasn't trying to make the world better. She just enjoyed being in control. Any good she actually accomplished was an afterthought. She didn't want Billy to get better. She just wanted him under her control.

This is at least a decent movie but not a fucking masterpiece like everyone likes to say,this is just a movie that pretensious assholes say they like to pretend they are deep or something

>this is just a movie that pretensious assholes say they like to pretend they are deep or something

>t. someone who posts literal wall expunging on profundity of waifukino
neck yourself