Denis Villeneue defends the blatant sexism in Blade Runner 2049

>"I am very sensitive to how I portray women in movies. This is my ninth feature film and six of them have women in the lead role. The firstBlade Runnerwas quite rough on the women; something about the film noir aesthetic. But I tried to bring depth to all the characters. For Joi, the holographic character, you see how she evolves. It’s interesting, I think"
>“cinema is a mirror on society, Blade Runneris not about tomorrow; it’s about today. And I’m sorry, but the world is not kind on women.”
>“There’s a sense in American cinema: you want to portray an ideal world. You want to portray a utopia. That’s good—dreams for a better world, to advocate for something better, yes. But if you look at my movies, they are exploring today’s shadows. The firstBlade Runneris the biggest dystopian statement of the last half century. I did the follow-up to that, so yes, it’s a dystopian vision of today. Which magnifies all the faults. That’s what I’ll say about that.”
archive.is/Ui6yE

Other urls found in this thread:

villainouscompany.com/vcblog/archives/2012/04/child_supportcu.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What a cuck. How disappointing.

>Blatant sexism
Fuck off retard

this is not Sup Forums, misogynistic asshole

Based mother fucker telling it how it is. Not every movie can portray an ideal. It's an ideal ffs it's not always going to be a vision in every movie. People are supposed to explore worlds in films, and when you start bitching that it's not exploring a world you want then it because nothing more than people whining about their own sensitivities and denying other people's rights to creativity

gib pusy bitch lasagna

based

it was not very mysognist. Luv character is not sexist. Joi was basically created to please. The rebellion leader was cliche but not sexist. The major was a cliche turned female, still not sexist. The prostitutes were not sexist.

They and yet soyboys will still get mad.

>He gave a good, reasonable response to the interviewer instead of saying he hates women and that they're inferior to men, what a cuck amiright

Brainlet post.

t. fell for the misogyny meme.

Pretty much this. His statement completely departs from "Look I added a very unreal, impossible femane stronk womyn, aren't women the best?"

He is making the only possible arguement in gender equality, appeal to sympathy and morals of it. It's an undisputed fact that the equality can't be won but given or yielded by men because we are simply stronger.

I don't understand why that would make him a soyboy.

Have even more respect for him now. What a guy

For someone who seems to think he's incredibly thoughtful and that his work is so carefully considered and important, why are his movies so shallow? Why are they made purely for twenty-something Nolanfags who've just recently decided they've graduated above capeshit?

>The firstBlade Runnerwas quite rough on the women;
another libtard

>Tries to convey a messenge denouncing present day "sexism"
>Feminazis enraged
>I-I'm sorry
Won't these cucks ever learn?

>women

>cunts
ftfy

>TheMarySue

Since when does any movie or book, game, art, whatever, need to be some weird ideal?
Like if I made once were warriors now, would they cry about the "misogyny" in it?
The fucking story is about misogyny and set in a shitty environment.
Why are pansies so incapable of accepting that a story isn't an affirmation of a view, but rather just expressing it.

Time to start the clock on the rape charge.

>this was a shockingly white world
Movie sites with these kinds of lines don't even need to be read. They're partisan pieces and Villeneuve probably wanted to avoid controversy with these feminishits

I remember a sweet time before the widespread internet, when we just ignored women when they spoke.

>Villeneue the most feminist director cuckman in Hollywood who can't stop making films all about women and their "victimization"
>2049 is literally all about female reproduction

maybe people would care a little bit more if it was a good movie, but the feminists really need to pick their battles

Denis has been in the right all along

but this "film's" irresponsible content only reinforces and normalizes toxic masculinity

>2017
>trying to win an argument with the rabid SJWs that inhabit tumblr, twitter and not the real world

RIP Dennis, you are now a muhsoggykneeist

I want those statues

>ITT Sup Forums attempts to think

it drives you little incels mad that women are more disadvantaged in society. you want to believe life's easier on them and harder on you so that you can blame all your shortcomings on society and revel in your little achievements as monumental steps taken against the current. but no, the real red pill is that women have always taken the worst punch and men always had institutionalised power against them.

but when a director/actor/artist says that you lose your minds because that's a light on your little delusions. so you call him "cuck". sad little people.

eat shit nigger

>the world is not kind on women
Do people actually and unironically believe this?
What a cuck

more like we're tired of this issue being trotted out at every opportunity. present some decent solutions or shut the fuck up.

lol shut the fuck up

How ashamed do you think this fucking faggot is of his own penis?

It's quite the opposite of cuck, he said it's just like that, deal with it.
If he was a cuck he would grovel and promise to be a good boy in next movie

there is no one solution to an issue as complex as this one. but things are getting better, there is no argument against it. that's why you see Sup Forums and alt-right go apeshit about everything related to this, these little sad white men are ANGRY that they are losing their inherent power bestowed upon their gender. and it's very natural that they be angry, their sad lives will be even harder when they lose the one power they didn't have to work for: being a 'man'.

Lol these must be the same dipshits who complained about Joker and Harley having an unhealthy relationship in BvS. "WAAAAHHH the bad guy acts like a bad person waaaaahhhh." Jesus just shut up.

>blatant sexism in Blade Runner 2049
Where?

this is not tumblr, retard

>For Joi, the holographic character, you see how she evolves.
what the fuck is he talking about?

Well he's not alpha as fuck either, he should have told them to fuck off.

Instead he said his justification, but didn't apologise

Are you copy and pasting this from somewhere? lol stop.

It's pretty obvious that she evolves as K himself evolves.
You can say "that's all programming" and that's a valid interpretation but the director himself inadvertently gave his interpretation in this interview

> they are losing their inherent power bestowed upon their gender. and it's very natural that they be angry
pretty sure most people getting mad at this stuff genuinely dont even see the proposed problems that feminists bitch. its real easy to tune them out after labeling them as nutso.

Not enough. He doesn't deserve to have it.

it's a little more than "oh it's just his interpretation" when it runs completely counter to the movie's narrative. The movie falls apart if you actually believe Joi was evolving

First it was liberals then cucks now its Soyboy.
Jesus.

why, does it bother you that im not a part of the circlejerk and can think for myself?

i think the problem with the feminist argument against this movie is the problem with identity politics in general. it is so involved with the troubles of itself, the problems of 'individual' that it forgets or outright rejects more troublesome issues in society.

feminist film theorists during 60s and 70s weren't against patriarchy. they were against monogamous heterosexual bourgeois patriarchal capitalism. it has always been one big package of privilege. but there we had the biggest loss of civil rights movements: that it was reduced to 'identity' politics. yes blacks got some more rights, yes women got some more rights, yes lgbtq got some rights but overall the capitalist class system won and they have baited these disenfranchised groups with more superficial goals. women started caring more about the fact that they are born with vaginas than the fact that they are poor. when they got more rights, they got more rights to be wage-slaves like their counter-parts.

what has this got to do with this movie is that the real film theory based on leftist principles is against the showings of a 'fairer' world to begin with. MGM musicals are the basic tools of capitalism because they show a pretty happy world where everything is dandy. they give catharsis to the audience so they go back home happy, forgetting their breath stinks from hunger.

a real leftist view is that a film should never try to comfort its audience. it should always be edgy and 'wrong' so that it stops being an illusion machine for the system, in that sense, even from a true feminist point, villeneuve did nothing wrong.

Maybe in African and muslim countries. Certainly not in first world nations.

But leftists are doing their best to turn everyone third world.

>The movie falls apart if you actually believe Joi was evolving

No, your interpretation of it falls apart. Joi evolving fits very well within the movie ,the book and the original Blade Runner.
But I'm still not saying it's wrong because a movie can still be interpreted in multiple ways. Usually directors shouldn't say anything, but he was defending himself I guess didn't think it trough

What the fuck is an incel? Go back to tumblr or reddit. Whichever shit hole you crawled from.

why is based-posting so funny i dont get it

old school marxist?

If women were more disadvantage then why do they get more representation and defense.

men dont make out to well ether in blade runner, they ether get shot or die on roof tops.
it funny how these assholes take a movie like say mad max and call it sexist because there isn't enough women or what ever when we see at least 50 men die horriblely in the movie
yer its truly sexist how women are not represented,

favourite movie is br 2049 btw

yes, yes it does. The robo resistance literally tells him he's not special and that's the turning point for K as it's totally counter to what Joi said earlier in the film. The scene with the Joi advert calling K by the name "Joe" loses it's entire impact if you actually believe Joi was sentient and really did love K and thought he was special.

This interview has me thinking Villenueve is a retard

But it's not ambiguous at all that Joi evolved. She was a pretend hologram housewife stuck in one room and by the end of the movie she was helping him escape, wanted to be real for him in more ways than one and sacrificed her life trying to help him .

she didn't evolve she was doing exactly what she was programmed to do.

what does that even mean? they are starting to get more representation in media, yes. but it's not that men are in minority now. i mean if there is a counter-evidence against it you have observed it, please do share. and if you are disadvantaged in a system, of course you'd be more naturally defensive, doesn't it make sense?

it isn't even old school, it's the basic leftist film theory. these twitter twats are so busy with trying to appeal to SJW crowd that they don't even know how to approach a movie.

>loses it's entire impact if you actually believe Joi was sentient

no. the entire point is there is no way to tell the facsimile of sentience from the real thing

>This interview has me thinking Villenueve is a retard
Or maybe it's you? The writer said the same thing.
>He follows the rules. He’s a machine in a way. But the image was this: A handbook turns into a poem through his experiences and his ordeal and love. And the same thing with the digital woman.

I'm not saying your interpretation isn't correct, because you can get out of it things the creators didn't intend but don't call them retards because they understood what they were going for lol

Just like K, right?

white western women who are the most privilege people on this planet, they just winge about something and its given to them on a silver platter
only in the west can two stupid cunts write a perform a sketch about how they should get to go home early cause the wage gape is a thing (which it isnt) and be help up as strong amazing comedies
if you want more proof Lena dunham has a show on hbo!!

and by extension there is no meaningful difference between the two so they should be given the same dignity

>white western women who are the most privilege people on this planet
second most privilaged after white western rich men. but let's not trigger Sup Forums now shall we?

Good response. Defends himself without seeming to want to justify his movie. A classy "deal with it"

>rich men are privileged
WHOA

its very close gap tho, a white woman just has to point her finger and yell rape at a man no matter how rich and he is done

are jews white?

Wealth is a privilege in itself. You wouldn't compare rich white men to average white women the same way you wouldn't compare rich white women to average white men.

>Almost 2018
>People still throw that word around without knowing what it means

in b4 le obligatory epic "t. cuck" response

>sexism in Blade Runner 2049
The whole movie was about fertility and the feminine was painted as divine. How the fuck is that sexist against women?

>The world is not kind on women

Can he fucking elaborate on this? In what way do women have it overall worse than men?

yes but 'jews' is just a bogeyman for certain groups too. the group is obviously larger than israelite diaspora.

you act like it's obvious but every time a middle-class man has problems with life, it's always easier for him to pick on females.

i don't think that's true. if rumours are true Weinstein did have an army of spies to stop that from happening. it's not far fetched that more men are protected in similar ways.

cause feminsit dont care about your messge only your gender
if it had a female director this it would be the greatest movie ever!!
it would have flop big time at the box office cause these hypocrites dont care for movies just look at nughostbusters

>Joi, the holographic character, you see how she evolves
So does this btfo all those that say joi isn't experiencing actual love?

>in b4 le obligatory epic "t. cuck" response
Trying to get ahead of it doesn't make you not a cuck.

>every time a middle-class man has problems with life, it's always easier for him to pick on females
What the fuck are you talking about? Go post this shit on Sup Forums you fucking retard.

>you act like it's obvious but every time a middle-class man has problems with life, it's always easier for him to pick on females.
Because middle class white women do have it objectively easier than middle class white men. You have to go to rich white men to find comparable levels of privilege.

ass2ass

I couldn't be one, since I've never had a girlfriend.

in lower income families women have it worse since they lack education they depend on their husbands who work blue collar jobs for everything. which leads to abuse
the women who whine on twitter aren't worse than men. they only complain about ugly guys approaching them.

>you act like it's obvious but every time a middle-class WOMAN has problems with life, it's always easier for her to pick on MALES.

I fixed it for u

This isn't true anymore. Since the death of manufacturing lower income jobs disproportionately favor women, and poor men are significantly more like to be homeless and commit suicide.

but user that subgroup of 'white men' has a highly disproportionate representation in finance, media, government, major corporations and other institutions of significance

not in my experience. being able to have sex with opposite gender more easily != easier life.

even in civil lawsuits, which men always claim to be biased against, they are in advantage:
villainouscompany.com/vcblog/archives/2012/04/child_supportcu.html

this is not wrong at all, just like what i said wasn't wrong either. men pick on women in their own class, women pick on men in their own class and people above their class laugh their asses off. only reason i am addressing men is that i am talking with angry men at this thread. i have triggered my fair share of SJW women too in real life.

what does that mean? there are more rich men than there are rich women. is that what you are trying to say?

idk where you live. but here in redneck florida. plumbing, electrical,construction and landscaping is all ran by males. women can get easier jobs becoming secretaries and nurses. but women are still heavily depended on males(which majority do like it that way) but its quite normal to see some dude cuss his wife out for not having his meal rdy the time he comes home lol

but again the women vs men thing is complicated. majority overall because of talent men have it better in some areas. while women have it better in other areas.
instagram and most social media is a women dominated field.

2017 women are such insufferable cunts. Before they knew to tune that shit down but now they're proud and shit. Need to go back down a peg or two.

Why should he have to answer to feminist harpies? And why would he give such a cuck answer? Do women really have it hard in America?

>Need to go back down a peg or two.
its quite easy. ignore them. but Sup Forums and other retards can't do it.

Name one disadvantage that women have in America?

In pretty much all of them.

The thing that guys around here don't get is that your average Sup Forums user does not represent the majority of the male population whatsoever. We are absolutely a sub-group of men who have not been able to take advantage of traditional male privilege.

The normies chads have a much easier life, and that is who feminists mean to refer to when they say "men." It's funny that feminists invented this idea of intersectionalism - that sub-groups like black women can live with different social struggles that the larger group of all women - and yet they refuse to extend that idea to anyone who isn't some LGBTQ minority.

They can't be drafted to fight in war.

Kinda hard to do that when their bullshit knows no bounds.

i think most women in the west are cunts, i date a fillipino and we know our place in the relationship!
i make the money she handles the house and she likes that way

I don't care about so-called misogyny

They're not sure because they throw the term around like confetti