Was he more powerful than Palpatine?

Was he more powerful than Palpatine?

>can we have this conversation again for the billionth time
No, faggot.

In lightsaber dueling, yes.

he’s only 3/5 as powerful

t. Vess En'nat

Mother fucker was on the back foot the entire time.

He survived because he's good at channeling his Savage side and Dark Side.

Rewatch the scene. He has Mace constantly on the run, then when he sees Anakin all pretenses of his winning changes for his schemes.

>On the back foot
>Had Sheev on his ass begging for his life

Sorry I didn't mean survived, more like held his ground.

yeah, they will show that with his son or grandson in the next trilogy

I mean, he did beat him

Master Dindu was more skilled with the lightsaber, but Palpatine was better with the force
Also, Dindu was a pussy, unable to execute his enemy before he had a chance to strike
Maybe Sheev wanted to appear vulnerable to Anakin too, but that sounds too overarching

More like he got baited by Windu. Windu was controlling the pace of the fight comfortably, Sheev shit the bed when his force lightning got blocked. He was boxing clever, letting Sheev tire trying to go for the kill with overwhelming strikes like he did with the other Jedi, except Mace was able to block them.

No, but he fly 'n' shit.

palpatine was way stronger he just wanted anakin to make a deciision

>ive had it with these motherfuckin snokes on this motherfuckin plane

>yfw the mayweather mcgregor fight happened over a decade earlier inside a sci-fi movie

Sheev was more powerful with the force, but Mace was literally the best lightsaber duelist to ever exist.

>called Windu
>gets thrown out a window

>mace is supposed to be the good guy
>tries to extra-judicially execute a criminal

No...No....NOOOO

tbqh rules go out the fucking window when your chancellor is a fucking sith lord

Phantom Menace
Qui-Gon was a pretty good Jedi, Darth Maul was better. Obi-Wan overcame Maul, he's excellent.

Obi-Wan > Darth Maul > Qui-Gon

Attack of the Clones
Dooku defeats both Obi-Wan and Anakin in a two on one fight. He's also powerful enough to match powers with Yoda in the force and fight him melee. Truly a masterful Sith. However, he's unable to kill Yoda, and needs to create a distraction to escape from him, thus Yoda is slightly better. It's unclear where Anakin stands at this point.

Yoda > Dooku > Obi-Wan > Darth Maul > Qui-Gon

Revenge of the Sith
Dooku manages to beat Obi-Wan, but as we will later see, Obi-Wan would improve even further throughout the movie, surpassing Dooku by the end of it. Anakin has far improved at this point, he out-maneuvers and kills Dooku, a very impressive feat. Obi-Wan defeats Grievous, who was an apprentice to Dooku. Sheev turns out to be strong and easily kills nearly everyone of the Jedi, he also clearly outsmarts and defeats Yoda (who had claimed Sheev was way too powerful for Obi-Wan, also implying Yoda's superiority over Obi-Wan), to the point that Yoda gives up hope of stopping him, which clearly means he's superior. Mace Windu, however, managed to beat Sheev, and the only reason why he didn't kill him was cause of Anakin betraying him. Anakin and Obi-Wan have a fight and Obi-Wan very clearly outsmarts him, thus being superior.

The OT doesn't change much. Vader may or may not be stronger at that point. Sheev implies it, but he still has a hard time with Obi-Wan, who only lets himself get killed on purpose. Luke is stronger than Vader but gets his ass kicked by Sheev. Sheev only dies because Vader betrays him.

100% OBJECTIVE POWERLEVELS

Mace Windu > Palpatine > Yoda > Obi-Wan > Anakin > Dooku > Darth Maul > Qui-Gon

Palpatine > Luke > Anakin

Obi-Wan > Darth Grievous

Palpatine > Generic Jedi's

>Was he more powerful than Palpatine?

No. In matters of the Force, Palpatine was far superior. But Windu was a much better swordsman. Sheev could've easily choked out all of them right where they stood, but instead sperged out and engaged them in a fight. Sheev basically went into it with one arm tied behind his back and rightfully got beat by someone who was better than him in this particular subject.

Sheev is a master schemer, but no one is immune to Dark Side autism when it hits. The idea that Sheev threw the fight is entirely false. He lost the fight fairly and it was just a MASSIVE stroke of luck that Anakin arrived.

>Master Dindu
Kek

Only after sheev threw the fight moments before anakin walked through the door. Before that mace was shitting himself.

Remind me which one went out the windu?

Why should anyone else care about a thousand year old religious feud between these fanatics? Mace Dindu was in the wrong

Dooku would rek that cunt, anakin and yoda as well.

Mace was fucking killing Sheev by deflecting his lightning back onto him. Had anakin not cut off Mace's arm Sheev would be a dead nigga.

>Dooku
>Blown out 1v1 by Anakin "Heartbreaker" Skywalker

After palpatine throwing that lighting and saying unlimited power some people still believe Windu was going to win
some even believe that the lighting is what caused palpatine the scars despite luke not suffering and don't know that's just what the dark side does to your skin

If Mace went in solo he would have beaten Palpatine.

Seeing his Jedi friends cut down in front of him messed with his ability to focus and use vapaad properly.

>Seeing his Jedi friends cut down in front of him messed with his ability to focus and use vapaad properly.
Those aspects of Form VII are not canon.

The form of combat Dooku specialized in was specifically designed for lightsaber dueling.

dooku geonosis fight was the worst

Why didn't he just dominate Anakin with his superior force abilities?

of course he was. he had that purple drank lightsaber.

From what I hear windu was master of lost saber style that utilized both the dark and light side of the force.

>From what I hear windu was master of lost saber style that utilized both the dark and light side of the force.

Not anymore.

Could Starkiller defeat Windu?

>The form of combat Dooku specialized in was specifically designed for lightsaber dueling.

And they were not fighting a duel? Cause it looked like they were fighting a duel.

No, because Windu can't fight a planet.

>star wars
>science fiction
You may only pick one

>Jedis are supposed to be superhuman monsters who can turn the tide of a large scale battle single handedly
>Prequels try their best to show this by showing their acrobatic feats and incredible force abilities
>People throw a shitfit
>Lightsaber duels go back to two dudes swinging a weapon that supposedly has no real weight like a fucking baseball bat at each other

What's your point?

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Underrated

>Jedis are supposed to be superhuman monsters who can turn the tide of a large scale battle single handedly

Who said this? In the OT, the force was a mysterious and subtle power. Imperial officers even mocked Vader for taking it so seriously, e.g. "Your sad devotion to that ancient religion".

It helped Luke fire the shot that blew up the Death Star, and it helped the Emperor run things from the shadows, but even Vader always had Stormtroopers with him whenever there was a possibility of danger (boarding the blockade runner, during the battle of Hoth). The superhuman stuff is all from the prequels.

>for over a thousand generations the jedi knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the old republic
They sound pretty remarkable to me.
>the force helped Luke make a shot that was "impossible, even for a computer"
>but the superhuman stuff is all from the prequels
???

did you not see the scenes with Luke flipping around everywhere and murdering Jabbas entire envoy?

>That kick while Fett flies past in the background waving his arms like a retard
Every time

Even if you look at the two options (sheev losing on purpose or windu straight outfighting him) it's still a bogus move from Lucas. Mace won solely because it's Jackson playing him

Vader killed him by picking him up and tossing him. He's clearly not omnipotent.

In lightsaber fighting yes, but overall no. Sheevs power goes far beyond mere duelung. His power was practically unlimired

I never said that

I only meant to point out that the idea of Palpatine being physically bested or overpowered isn't unheard of.

In a fair 1v1 fight there is no way the Emperor would win. But fair fights are for suckers which is why he won in the end.

>Darth Grievous

Animated Windu was WAYY more powerful than Jackson Windu. The character is supposed to be powerful by canon but died because of Anakins betrayal, which is point if practically the entire saga.

Real answer yes
Autism expanded universe bullshit answer, no

This. Palpatine was pretending to lose near the end of the fight as he was aware Anakin was nearby. After the whole ordeal, face scarred and all, he gets up as if nothing happened. He could have ended Dindu anytime he wanted.

I've always seen Dooku being pretty average in terms of raw force ability, but a god-tier fencer, like probably the best in the galaxy in terms of saber duelling. Anakin was only able to beat him because he was literally made of midichlorians, and Dooku thought the plan was for him to be captured anyway.

The funniest thing about Starkiller is that apparently Vader intentionally taught him a less effective lightsaber form to make him less of a possible threat to himself and Starkiller still destroyed him in a straight fight.

>like probably the best in the galaxy in terms of saber duelling.

One of the best. Windu was still the best swordsman of his time.

>Anakin was only able to beat him because he was literally made of midichlorians,

So is everyone else. Anakin just had a higher concentration. Which, even then, is not a measurement of his immediate abilities. Just and indicator of potential.

>and Dooku thought the plan was for him to be captured anyway.
Dooku thought the plan was likely to get out when there was an opening and that Palpatine would've had some justification to make big movements without being watched by the senate for a time. He had no idea the Confederacy was going to lose the battle that day.

>Master Dindu

3rd post best post

1) Fuck canon, no one cares
2) Seeing their friends cut down would mess with any jedi's focus in any form.

>no one cares

Fans of Star Wars do.

Actually, they don't. Older fans don't give a shit about it because it shits on everything they grew up with, and younger fans don't give a shit about it because they're not old enough to remember most of the EU anyway. So all you're left with are bitter nu-male Disney shills like yourself who use mouse canon to act like loremasters. Fuck Pablo Hidalgo and fuck you.

Finally someone ITT who knows what they're talking about.

God damn it

>Older fans don't give a shit about it because it shits on everything they grew up with

Older fans are a vast minority.

> younger fans don't give a shit about it because they're not old enough to remember most of the EU anyway

They're coming into the fandom, so of course they wouldn't know certain things.

> So all you're left with are bitter nu-male Disney shills like yourself who use mouse canon to act like loremasters. Fuck Pablo Hidalgo and fuck you.

Says the guy who's actually being bitter, while the majority of fans, like myself, don't have to be bogged down the notion that fanfiction is actually apart of Star Wars anymore.

Keep it up, friend.

Didn't duku cheap shot obi wan in episode iii? I don't think that's a fair representation of his skills. Like I can kill anyone with a knife if their back is to me you know

The book has anakin seeing 24 of windu's blades while anakin can't even see palpatine.
He let Windu win the lightning part too. Easily overpower his saber and knock him out the building.

>tbqh rules go out the fucking window when your president is a dirty fucking rascist kkk member

>starts the war of billions of death just for power and 1000 year scheme to rule
>has control of the senate and will just get away and cause another billion deaths

Yeah I wonder why mr palpatine supporter.

any else never really like the star wars films but played the video games and read the books?

even as a 12yo the prequels were shit but the jedi apprentice book series was awesome

Kek

Ye me too. Star wars is a fun idea and universe but the movies were all pretty bad

>delet
That typo triggers my autism every time, somebody please fix that picture

You don't understand why he threw the fight, if palpatine was just sitting there with dindu slashed in half and 3 other dead jedi masters anakin might not have been so sympathetic

>implying Pablo Hidalgo fan fiction is any more legitimate than Lucas-approved pre-disney fan fiction

Keep sucking that mouse dick, friend

It was pretty clear that palp was able to win but wanted anakin to intervene in order to make him his follower

My god this is incorrect on so many levels. Do I need to greentext your greentext?

Star wars games/books have always been superior to the movies, which is why spic-lore apologists like this are the cancer that's killing the franchise.

>Implying those aren't traits I look for in a president
Stay mad, soyboy

It's canon from George Lucas himself that Windu overpowered Sheev. Sheev only won because Anakin saved him.

It's a typo on purpose.

>Older fans are a vast minority.
I work in the public school system. I can tell you first hand, young people do not give a shit about star wars. If anything, they view it as a forced meme and the vast majority of them think it's "really dumb". It's just old farts like us who are desperately clinging onto this franchise at this point.

He didn't fly so good though.

Lucas isn't canon anymore.

>muh fair fight
>brings three more niggas against a guy twice his older

not him but the reason Dooku lost was due to Anakin literally physically overpowering him due to his age

Dooku was very old and physically frail compared to prime Anakin who was extremely muscular with tons of raw force power that enhanced him even further

Makashi (dookus style) was particularly designed for dueling, but the one weakness it has is its dependence on finesse and parries (while Anakins djem so lite is focused on brute force and parries). After a while he simply exhausted Dooku and killed him

G.L. created the whole thing and he already said Mace won the fight outright.

user speaks the truth.

wasn't getting caught, part of his plan?

>I am the convenience store