Was Tim Curry blacklisted in Hollywood?

He was likable, recognizable and had a colorful personality, I enjoyed his performances and I don't know anyone else who doesn't but looking at his filmography he was never in anything big and Hollywood normally loves to put brits in their films.

For any nitpicky weirdos I'm not counting from 2012 onwards.

probably a pedo

No, if he were a pedo they'd have no problem casting him.

Could have been personal preference on his part. I was under the impression he preferred the theater and the more off-kilter roles. It's interesting that towards the end of the 90s he pretty much switched almost exclusively to voice acting roles for the screen though.

I don't know if that indicates anything.

Who?

I just want Tim to be ok.

he was in that discworld adaptation and looked to be as big as a house and bored

Not a lot of roles called for him. Too much talent and not enough physical attractiveness for hollywood.

He thinks taking the role of frank n furter damaged his career, but that was the most perfect role he ever could've had.

maybe because he had a massive stroke and cant act anymore

His constant talk of electrical 'infetterance' and obsession wih milky way bars has made him hard to work with.

Yeah, he has pretty constant theater credits through out his career and I do recall reading he liked the stage over movies.

He absolutely hates Holywood. He tried to break into it to escape theatre for a while in the eighties, wanting to escape the role of Frankenfurter, but he also put on a ton of weight at the same time. When he reconciled himself with his role in Rocky Horror he returned to theatre and musicals, which he actually enjoyed.

He's retired and on a wheelchair.

I don't think Tim Curry was ever 'Hollywood' and I mean that as a compliment.
Look back at his notable works, very few of them were mainstream Hollywood major motion pictures.
His work was fairly 'esoteric' actually:
- The Grand Wizard in the Worst Witch
- Voiced Ben Ravencroft in the second best Scooby Doo animated film
- Voiced Gabriel Knight in the original Sins of the Fathers video game
- Butler in CLUE
- Rocky Horror Picture Show
- IT in the original TV movie
- Home Alone 2
- Congo
- Muppet Treasure Island

He's more of a cult sensation. Everything he touches somehow becomes a cult hit.
He's a bit like Christopher Lee in that regard. A year doesn't go by without me discovering something old I like that he was somehow involved with, as obscure as it is.

Its funny when I think of Long John silver I think of Currys interpretation

Its a shame tho I don't think any actor has perfectly captured the character so far

you forgot the most badass and best portrayal of the devil banned on celluloid.

He's also in this which I loved as a kid

Fuck, he could probably still out act half of hollywood.

Lexx

WAIT, WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?

>actors you could beat to a pulp

>was
got me user

PEET-ZAH