Boardwalk Empire

Why is this not considered a classic like Breaking bad, The Sopranos etc. It's fucking Kino. Apart from the last season

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8EBPve5Ymp8
youtube.com/watch?v=StkJTSAq0dE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because it wasn't the good

the first season was decent but that's about all i can say for it

I feel like the performances were enough to carry it through the weaker seasons. Michael Shannon was incredible.

Best character coming through The actor's going to be in Scorsese's new film The Irishman btw

It was great for two seasons at the very least, probably three. It floundered here and there particularly later on under the pressure of its own pedigree and expectations, essentially. It's also, when it wants to be, an incredibly fucking slow burn. Which keeps the plebeians at bay, at the very least at arm's reach away.

This had just as many seasons as Breaking Bad, and that series also goes to shit after the 2nd or 3rd season, and yet was nowhere near as impressive or masterfully done in its scope for the first two seasons. Both are watchable after the second but Breaking Bad is actually enjoyed by plebeians for the shlocky garbage quality of its later seasons. Boardwalk Empire doesn't have that luxury. Most people who were watching it were at least somewhat irked by the drop in quality and tone.

it had potential but it never really went for it. buscemi is a good supporting actor, he can't hold up a show by himself. the other characters and actors were much more interesting than nucky.

Bump

>Apart from the last season
Last season was the best one after season 2 though. I only wish it was a full 12 episodes instead of just 8

This

2>1>4>>> 3>>>>> 5

Seriously tho season 5 was a travesty

I disagree. Nucky was the best character, and he really got to showcase his acting ability in the last season

2>5>3>1>4
What was wrong with the last season? Other than it just being 8 episodes

buscemi is a very good actor, but he's not gandolfini lead tier.

No, that's not all you can say about it. The first three seasons were great.

Sloppy send offs for well developed characters. No real engaging conflict other than narcisse vs chalky

Under utilized characters like knuckys brother muh children and chalky and capone

Killing rothstein offscreen

Time jumping past prohibition which was the core premise of the show

The whole season clearly rushed over much more interesting historical conflict and character moments in favor of wrapping things up sloppily so the show runner could go make that shitty vynyl series

Because it's actually a huge pointless waste of time when you step back and take a look at it. Literally no one other than the real-life people mattered. The OC character whose family problems took up two fucking seasons is just capped at the end of the second season by another OC character. Just like that you've wasted ~22 hours of watching plotlines that have nothing to do with anything fizzle out. There's no emotional impact, no payoff, and no purpose.

It's someone's shitty fan fiction of that time in history.

Literally no one is gandolfini tier

All fucking plot Babbys must fucking hang

They killed off Jimmy way too fast. As far as I'm concerned that's when the show died.

The guy who played Sheridan was great kind of wish he had a bigger role
m.youtube.com/watch?v=8EBPve5Ymp8

I think it will get some recognition in time. The last season and the final episodes in particular were fucking amazing, despite what the braindead children in this thread say.

Plus it had the primest fucking mommy fap fodder shit going on with actual mother/son incest.

And you, you smug kike midget

Creeping around like a dentist with the ether

I loved 5. Only problem was they didn't have enough episodes and it was rushed. But the flashback scenes were great.

youtube.com/watch?v=StkJTSAq0dE

>way too fast
That's funny, since the problem for Nucky specifically was that he couldn't bring himself to kill Jimmy sooner due to sentimentality.

Good show with good end. Fucking better then Peakt Blinders

>No results on reverse image search
What the fuck is this?

Well, I'm kinda glad i never watched the final season now