Is this movie actually as bad as everyone said it was?

Is this movie actually as bad as everyone said it was?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qQm1rBqh53Y&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes

it sounds really fun and hot on paper but then you watch it and its just really really boring

No.

Watch Directors Cut. It's like an live action anime.

It's not that great, but it's got some decent action scenes and music. Unless you're going to watch the extended cut with Zack Snyder's commentary, don't bother.

this

(You)

Its kino like everything Snyder does

youtube.com/watch?v=qQm1rBqh53Y&feature=youtu.be

Thats what I've thought over time, that its just a live action anime that normies wouldn't get

Totally.
Funny since most anime adaptations can't live up to their source material yet this somehow surpasses expectations and turns out great.
Probable helps that it's an original idea.

It's very impressive visually.

Its fun

Where the fuck are the cameras?

Yes, Snyder's moronic idea of a "feminist" movie is to dress every female like an anime schoolgirl and make every male character a rapist

I started watching
Then I found out there was singing
So I stopped watching

I like anime tho ;_;

thats because you're a manchild that should go back to Sup Forums

Yea, it's really terrible. It feels like a 13 year old boy wrote the script.

Omg, the brainlet BTFO me with a webm as argument!

Absolutely

t. Otacon

There is no moral high ground posting on Sup Forums.

And sorry it upsets you on go on both Sup Forums and Sup Forums.

I enjoyed it but it gets lost around an hour in and the ending is pretty unsatisfactory

linking the 'mental hospital' scenes with fighting giant nazi monsters doesn't really work

>written by Zack Snyder

whos talking about morals you absolute troglodyte

top yourself

it's worse

hottest girl is ruined with a horrible hair cut

You're pretty dense.

Either way you're equating that posting on Sup Forums is in any way superior to posting on Sup Forums when in reality its all a dumpster heap and you shouldn't feel special.

It's much worse

I thought Hudgens hair was fine

you dont know what equating means, just like you dont know what moral high ground means

why dont you just go back to Sup Forums with all the other brain damaged children

It's visually a gorgeous movie. The acting and story are just cringe level.

Omg, the brainlet BTFO me with an image as argument!

Nice try, redditor

It's great and the storytelling was passable. A traumatized victim pulling back into their brain and developing their own world isn't new or groundbreaking but it's a different approach of showing mental illness on screen. I really liked it in retrospective. Even saw it in cinema.

Honestly this is the only Snyder film I liked. But that's only because of the cast.

He's filming with iPhones.

>"feminist" movie is to dress every female like an anime schoolgirl

Wtf I love Snyder now!!!

It's worse. Don't fall for Sup Forums's Snyder cocksucking,

saw it in theaters too, yeah the movie overall kinda sucked but seeing it on the big screen was cool

Making a fictional world as a reflection of ours is not condoning those things. Its a complicated movie and if you stop at "LOOK AT HOW THEY'RE DRESSED", then you're part of the problem. Like the male characters in the movie who could only focus on the way Babydoll dances rather than what the girls were achieving while she did.

>movie wasn't 90 minutes straight of the girls mowing down wave after wave of those knights

Missed opportunity.

Would you rather watch:

>A) A movie about a mental hospital where a group of girl patients are abused & molested by the doctors and wardens led by head doctor Carla Gugino
>B) A movie where young girls who are forced to work a stripjoint/burlesque club and prostitute themselves while being coached by matron Carla Gugino
>C) A movie where some chicks pretend to fight CGI monsters in front of a green screen complete with shitty Fallout 3 green filter and with barely any Carla Gugino
???

If your answer is C, you're a retarded fag.
If your answer is B, it is worse.
If your answer is A, it is so much worse, it's not even funny.

The obvious message of the film is that anime style sexy girl power is just a fantasy, but a fantasy that can be used to help people deal with miserable reality. And the constant Snyder theme of self sacrifice. But I guess a guy like you is too "intelligent" to get that.

Too bad the movie cared more about how they were dressed than with the actual plot. Otherwise it might've been watchable.

Inception meets Snyder autism. It's also all a dream so nothing in this movie matters. It's hot garbage and that's not surprising since it's the only movie where Hack didn't leech off someone's source material.

You don't need to watch the whole movie. Just get stoned and watch some clips on YouTube, it'll give you exactly the same experience

>Too bad the movie cared more about how they were dressed

But it really didn't. No Bay style ass shots or anything like that.

>the actual plot.

Go back to Cinemasins.

probably true. i took absolutely nothing away from this movie. still enjoyed it, althougfh i have no desire to watch it again.

>But it really didn't.
Don't know how you managed to watch this given you're blind but hey, stranger things have happened. Like, y'know, liking this shit.

Sucker Punch is the movie that does the best job highlighting both Zack's strengths and weaknesses as a director.
I don't think you can really formulate an opinion on him, good or had, until you've seen it.

"suckerpunch being bad is a meme and it's actually good" is a meme.

It's easily Snyder's worst movie.

It's probably the worst movie I've ever seen.

I turned my brain off and watched it for the spectacle. Very enjoyable visuals... story is meh.

yea its probably worse

turn your brain off and enjoy the movie turn your brain on and really appreciate the film

Its very visual fantasy-ish movie.

The thing is, the visuals aren't very good. It uses lot of dirty earth colors and there is that artificial hue looming over everything. For me it was like watching some lame ass 3d mark animations over and over.