Why did it take 6 movies to finally get him right?

Why did it take 6 movies to finally get him right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TNPAsB51FPs
youtube.com/watch?v=2nkboMqYhSA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It took two

Sony just wanted to keep the license, they didn't care how shit the movies were.

How many movies, companies or universes will it take for a movie with Deadpool?

i unironically love spider man 3 and this in particular

why did people hate this scene, seems perfect for comic book transformation.

They got the character right but the rest of the movie wasn't as good.
Another high school setting with diversity casting so blisteringly obvious it was almost shocking.
I liked the movie but it's definitely flawed and the only thing keeping it from being like the last two was Iron Man and Avengers references. Also the action was shit and not exciting.

>They got the character right

Good. This is what OP wanted to know. You didn't have to continue after that.

The first 2 Sony Spiderman movies are kino desu

?

>Peter exciting the holocaust museum
Really made you think.

You said diversity, that's apparently a neonazi phrase.

KYS

I liked him better in Civil War than in Homecoming, seems like he went dumber in his own movie

oh shit really? don't report me to the local constable.

fbpb
Anyone who thinks that MCU Spidey is a "right" or "correct" version of the character may be retarded.

He's not right or correct, but definitely the most accurate version of him.

Kevin Feige LITERALLY kept sending tips how to make a Spider Man movie to Sony, yet they didn't give a fuck about them until the hacking thing happened.

What do you define as an accurate representation of Spider-Man? Homecoming took away everything of substance to Spidey's character and motivation: Uncle Ben, May's financial problems, his secret identity, and in general his sense of responsibility when using his powers.

Just like said, he's the most accurate. Just because some of you like the Raimi's movies, it doesn't mean that Tobey's Spider-Man was better and don't let me start on Andrew. There is a difference between a good portrayal of a character and a good movie. The ideal would be to have mcu's Peter/Spider-Man in the two first Raimi movies.

Absolutely this. Children only know the spiderman from the cartoons, so they wouldn't know anything about this.

Homecoming was an okay film, but the quipped up even Spider-man. Turning him into another generally uninteresting "Good-Guy". Raimi spider-man was the most accurate representation of both Peter and Spidey.

I also forgot to add that as someone who grew up as a huge Spider-Man fan, neither Tobey or Andrew seemed like the Spidey I used to read as a child. Tom's Peter/Spider-Man is exactly how I imagined him, even Stan Lee said that.

Stan Lee:“He’s just a nice likeable guy. Tom is just the way I had pictured Spider-Man being when I created Spider-Man.”

Controversial opinion but I feel like we kind of needed at least a little bit of his origin.

Without it, I feel like there's something missing. There really are moments when I think "This is Peter Parker brought to life" with Holland's Spidey, but overall I don't get the feeling as strong as I did in the Raimi films, and I think that has a lot to do with the way morality is at the core of the character.

Spidey being bumbling and out of his league is a perfectly fine take on the character. Especially when he's 15, it's just the parker luck adapted to his early days of being Spidey. However, without that origin story and the moment of morality which serves as his drive, the bumbling and failure doesn't make you root for him or feel like you genuinely want him to overcome his adversary, it makes him into a comedy foil and a bit of a loser, which he's meant to seem like to other characters and the Marvel public, but to you're as the IRL audience you're supposed to be feeling bad when this genuinely well meaning guy is failing, and cheering when he overcomes it.

Maybe I'm not explaining it well, but the fact that they keep dodging anything to do with his origin strips a bit away that keeps me from really feeling him as an off-the-page adaption of Spidey. That and the total lack of recognizable supporting cast,(Where was MJ? Where was Gwen Stacy? Where was JJ?) even the ones who do appear are "reinvented" when they should have played it straight. Like, Holland literally looks like the most Peter Parker person possible, but then they throw a curveball with flash. I mean, why the fuck couldn't Ned have been Harry Osborn? Not that you even need an Osborn storyline anyway, but having him actually be Pete's friend and a good role in the movie is infinitely better than replacing him with an OC.

>Raimi spider-man was the most accurate representation of both Peter and Spidey

No it wasn't, just cuz you like these movies more it doesn't make it right. I like those movies too but Tobey's Spider-Man was weak, even Andrew was a better Spider-Man. Tobey was good as Peter, that's all. Tom can do both imo.

>Uncle Ben
We don't know about it yet
>May's financial problems
Did you miss the whole rebuilt computer taken from dumpster, broken phone and small apartment they live in.
>his secret identity
Only some Avengers, Ned and now his aunt know, actually he is one of the very few heroes that have a secret identity in MCU. In the comics usually Avengers, Some X-Men, Some SHIELD Members, minor heroes like Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Gwen, MJ know his identity, which is dozens more than in MCU.
>his sense of responsibility when using his powers.
That's exactly what he showed during Homecoming ending, he chose a quiet low profile life, instead being Tony Stark 2.0.

I always thought Andrew's spidey crossed the line from playful banter into just coming off like an actual cock. He was totally unrelateable and unlikeable.

I think it has to do with the fact that you watched Raimi's movies first & you identified Tobey's Peter/Spider-Man as the one. The new generaration who might not watch Raimi's movies, will have a different opinion in a few years. As I said before, if you replace Tobey's Spider-Man in the first two movies with mcu's Spider-Man, you'll have the ideal result.

>Andrew was a better Spider-Man.
Andrew was the best Spiderman, even at the end of TASM2 they showed the perfect suit, but his "chad" cool, hip, and likable Peter Parker, make him unbearable. Homecoming Spiderman is a nice balance of Peter Parker and Spiderman. Tobey was not a good Peter or a good Spiderman, but definitely it had the better plot, better movies and great villains.

Nah, my first experience with Spidey was the animated series and then the comics.TAS Spidey is quintessential Spidey to me. I agree that Holland's spidey is better than Raimis, but my point is what Raimis films did better was communicate the feeling of morality and responsibility, the core drive behind his character was much stronger and clearer in those movies. Like I said, for me it made the difference between Parker being a guy really down on his luck but trying his best despite the odds (Raimi Spidey) and a goofy loser (Holland).

Homecoming still sucked though

The movie was goodish, what sucked was the pandering minorities, I dare to say it had the best villain in a capeshit since Magneto, Doc Ock and Joker.

>liking either one
Cringe

I think it was a good movie but I'd like it more if Peter didn't have a love interest. He's 15, he doesn't need to start dating from now, they have other mcu characters for that.

I watched the animated series from the 90s then read the comics. Most of Peter’s problems stem from his own hubris and the character can be a self pitying bitch sometimes. Tobey portrayed this perfectly.

>I think it has to do with the fact that you watched Raimi's movies first

What I really meant here is that Tobey was the first live action spider-Man most of us saw, if it was Andrew or Tom, your opinions might have been different, that's all I'm saying.

>We don't know about it yet
The lack of Uncle Ben isn't my problem, it's that he apparently didn't leave an impression on Peter at all. Spider-Man's origin story is that he tried using his powers for some quick cash to improve his life as Peter Parker, and then his greed/desire for revenge indirectly led to Ben being killed. This teaches Peter to never use his abilities for glory. In Homecoming we see Peter trying to impress a girl by "inviting" Spider-Man to a party, as well as using his powers flippantly - mostly wrecking property and doing shit for the sole purpose of impressing others. Why is one of the main points of the film that Peter is irresponsible when this is a lesson which he supposedly learned when his uncle got shot on account of him?
>Did you miss the whole rebuilt computer taken from dumpster.
No but apparently the writers did, since I don't recall a single financial hardship in the whole film. In fact I imagine that Stark makes sure the Parkers are pretty well off. That line about dumpster diving was from Civil War. The reason I think this is important is because it's another burden on Peter's life, and it's a huge temptation for him to use his powers for money which he has to turn down.
>Only some Avengers, Ned and now his aunt know
That's way too many. The reason Peter keeps his identity secret is that the truth will hurt everyone he knows. I thought they were going to honor this after Vulture threatened his loved ones' lives, but the end of the film is a joke about Aunt May finding out, so I guess not.
>That's exactly what he showed during Homecoming ending
Peter's ultimate goal is to help people, and, at first, to do this he craves more of Tony's tech. But he doesn't turn it down in the end in order to be "low profile", he does it because he realizes he doesn't need a Stark suit to do incredible things. Peter wants to be on the same power level as Iron Man, he doesn't care one way or another about Spidey's popularity.

This is just untrue though. Many people who like the tobey spidey read the comics and saw the cartoons first. Raimi just managed to capture the soul of the character in the films. At the heart of the story peter is just trying to have a somewhat regular life and he can’t catch a break. That shit is just part of the charm of the character. Raimi also took the time to build up characters and make them relatable. The newer films are like empty shells. Everything seems to be there but something is missing. And some of the storytelling is just shoddy

Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone chemistry was off the charts in both films. Homecoming had horrible chemistry with Peter and Liz. The action scenes were better in every other Spider-Man film. The high school setting was dumb and fucking PC minority out the ass. They got a good villain and good Spider-Man but the rest was nothing special. Make better Spider-Man movies and no more high school bullshit.

>constable
um are you making fun of british people because they are cucks go back to Sup Forums

>Homecoming had horrible chemistry with Peter and Liz

The point was that Liz didn't like Peter, she only liked Spider-Man, so there was no need for a strong chemistry. If it wasn't for Flash's comment in the gym scene, she wouldn't even invite him in her party.
Liz really didn't care about Peter like Michelle did for example & she went with him in the homecoming cuz no one else asked her cuz she was really busy.

>right
>correct
>accurate
are synonyms you gay faggot poof

I don't get why everyone on Sup Forums gets triggered by those who think the new Spider-Man is the most accurate version of the character. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, accept it and move on.

Ultimate babies are unbearable.

>the end of the film is a joke about Aunt May finding out, so I guess not
I don't understand why they would do this. Now they have to waste time in Infinity War to explain the aftermath in some way.

>Now they have to waste time in Infinity War to explain the aftermath in some way

they won't cuz it's confirmed that Spider-Man will have less screentime or the same as he did on civil war, so the only scenes will see of him will be those with the team.

This was the best scene in the movie.

accuracy isn't subjective.

I disagree

Because he was supposed to actually be considered cool and suave here.
Not unintentionally cringe

>do you lay eggs?

Best scene desu, the whole conversation with Ned/

>Uncle Ben
People won't be satisfied until someone in the movies says "BEN IS DEAD, DEAD I TELL YOU!" will they? It's painfully obvious what's happened to him desu, so i don't mind them not showing it AGAIN.

spider-man 3 is bad but it isn't because of the dancing scene

I don't know why people had such a problem with the dancing when the last two raimi films were campy as fuck to begin with

I don't get why everyone complains about the lack of Ben in the mcu and yet when they announced the new Spider-Man they were all like: "They better make Miles Spidey. I don't want to see Unlce Ben getting shot again, if they'll do this I'm gonna shoot him myself."

The irony.

too bad they destroyed him in homecoming

We don't want to see him get shot again, but we do want him to be mentioned ONCE as Peter's primary motivator.

>down right
source?

>Children only know the spiderman from the cartoons
which cartoon? I hope you don't say the 90s one, because children means people born in 2005, that watched early 2010s cartoons.

So which Spiderman did they watch?

Because they got the perfect actor for the role.

>youtube.com/watch?v=TNPAsB51FPs

You missed the entire point you fucking brainlet.

That was his nerdy outsider interpretation of what "cool" was supposed to be, this is what makes it so hilarious.

Fuck this shitty ass movie, I dont give a shit what anyone else says. Spiderman 1, 2, and 3 are the best, and the 90s cartoon and spectacular spiderman are the best animations Fuck all of you homecoming fags

Peter is suppose to be cool, not nerdy cool.
He is suppose to become Flash Tompson once he unites with the symbiote. So he should have gone

PENIS

>when the 90s kid still hasn't grown up after 2 decades
lmao

I think you might actually be retarded.

I'm 60 years old.

did you miss all of the girls walking by him giving him disgusting looks?

>the "Right" version of the character is the one without the Uncle Ben drama and guilt
People actually think this.

>Good. This is what OP wanted to know. You didn't have to continue after that.
thats why you dont have friends IRL mate

My point exactly, they get so triggered, it's hilarious.If you don't like the new spidey, don't watch his movies, no one forces you & don't spend your time by being toxic in the threads that compliment him. It's simple.

Delet this

>get him right

If by "right" you mean turning him into a modern day lolita then ok, I won't judge you if those are your preferances

>youtube.com/watch?v=2nkboMqYhSA

Shut the fuck up about things you literally know nothing about.

Imagine being this much of a brainlet you only way of defending your argument is to attack the opposition.

Literally Antifa-tier.

>He's 15, he doesn't need to start dating from now
You must've been a loser/virgin in highschool

the gayest and most disturbing review ever, pedophilia is not a joke.

>Peter is suppose to be cool
Imagine being this fucking retarded

>60 years old and still browsing around on Sup Forums arguing with kids
Noice

>Imagine being this much of a brainlet you only way of defending your argument is to attack the opposition.

Wow you really fucking are retarded

JUST

It feels like I'm in bizzaro land when I see people sincerely praising homecoming.

then you obviously only visit Sup Forums cuz it's the only place people shit on this movie

You think I'm supposed to bother formulating an argument against someone who posted "Peter is suppose to be cool, not nerdy cool."?

No, you're just cancerous spam. Goodbye.

the iron man cover is the worst, the others are ok

>top left
kino
>top right
mega kino
>bottom left
kinda cool
>bottom right
cringe

what happened to the last poster, Sup Forums

>imagine contuining to attack the opposition without even formulating an argument right after being called out on being a brainlet
Powerful message...

I mean, would you bother arguing someone that Fonzie is supposed to be cool? No, it's in his fucking character, just like Peter is supposed to be a dork. There is no argument to be made, that's just how blatant it is. sorry you can't see.

Mackie is awkward as fuck, RDJ is shopped as hell, Scarlet's hair look terrible & her pose is cringe af. Chris is the only one who looks ok.

Ruffalo looks like he just fisted Shrek and Olsen looks like she aged about 20 years since Civil War

the forced diversity angle doesn't really work when you are talking about new york city, where that kind of thing is at least plausible. if it took place in iowa, then yeah it's a little forced

>Ruffalo looks like he just fisted Shrek

thanks for the nightmares

Not even sure what point you're trying to make

your excuses are lame and gay

>Raimi spider-man was the most accurate representation of both Peter and Spidey.

Aw shut up your whore mouth

I can't wait for Spidey to interact with the GOTG team.

did anybody post the one about Spiderman not being a dog and why did Cap throw a giant frisbee at him?
i like that one.