Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ap1SywAz2X8
youtu.be/tzyHrkayPfU
youtu.be/upsR80YmwWc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nothing happens: The Movie

Reddit tier flick

Are these bots?

What are you on about it's totally plot-driven, something will happen to significantly move the story along about every five minutes.

Yeah but not enough people, as you can see by the two reddit tier posts
It was great, easily the soundtrack of the year, loved the colours and the camerawork, it reminded me of american crime films from the 70s but it wasn't one of these nostalgia pandering flicks, it felt very modern aswell

It's a decent crime film, entertained me immensely, but I had not thought much about it since I saw it. Definitely a flick devoid of big ideas.

it was a good time

It was good. The third act wasn't as great as the first two. The ending could've been more impactful if Nick revealed how much of a piece of shit his brother has been to him through the cross the room game.

>The ending could've been more impactful if Nick revealed how much of a piece of shit his brother has been to him through the cross the room game.

The whole point of the brother being retarded is his inability to understand the unhealthy relationship between himself and his brother. Even in the last scene he doesn't "understand" what happened to his brother or him.

Like a goldfish in a bowl set in the corner of a busy room.

the pure always act....

Yeah good point

I only saw it because 0pn but it turns out it's my favorite movie of the year so far.
I wouldn't give it more than a high 7, though. I would have loved it more if the maelstrom of shit the characters go through (specially near the end) was a tad bit bigger.

The cops just showing up at the Brooklyn high-rise and accelerating the shit out of the ending was a little much. The movie could have benefited from ten more minutes but I guess the writers were backing themselves into a corner and wanted to get out of it while they still could.

Stupid redditors confirm its kino

They were chasing him all night desu

Also what was the significance of this somalian muslim owning a dog and so much alcohol when they are both forbidden

I heard that they used night film stock to shoot all the daylight scenes to bring out all those colours

Didn't really imply that he was Muslim at all right? He was just some working class immigrant bachelor. He seemed to be trying to do an American accent as well so maybe he was just supposed to be a black guy. And they were chasing him all night but did they have any way of knowing that he broke into the theme park? They probably background checked the security guard and found out his address, or maybe they were able to get it out of him in his drug addled state. I just think the cops showing up with all the troops to the apartment when they have no way of knowing Connie was there was a bit out of left field.

Speaking from experience. Getting caught happens all at once and without warning.

It was the most realistic part of an already frighteningly realistic portrayal of New York trash.

Hell yeah, just saw this last night. Pattinson was incredible. Soundtrack was a little retarded though.

robert pattison was great in this and i think he has a bright future

How did he afford such a nice flat?
Why was he invested enough in his security job to take that guy prisoner with cable ties?
How much acid did he actually take?
Most interesting character desu

This is why all the other boards consider Sup Forums a laughing stock, myself included.

They were making a scene in the flat, we saw one of the neighbours watching them, they probably called the police.
What with all the other commotion that night and probably quickly realising it's that security guard's flat, they would have given it high priority
I'm getting really sick of captcha lads, is getting a pass woth it?

>painting from photographs
that's a no-no

He had arabic writing behind the alcohol and muslim paraphernalia all around it though.
>t. Exmuslim

Also did the girl tell them what happened? And that he's not actual security?

I'm as enthusiastic about this movie as you, Benny/Josh

I knew Rpatz as the guy from twilight until recently, but he's actually secretly had a great career.

Mmmmm acid

>when he started yammering in Somali after waking up
Look at me, I am the acid now

They appeared within 3 seconds of me creating the thread and they don't clearly or specifically relate to the topic. Also, neither poster really followed up with their criticism.
I'm still not convinced they aren't bots.

>"Pepe the frog appears courtesy of Matt Furie" in the credits
He made it, bros

>Josh and Benny false-flagging their own threads
Typical Jewish behavior

Is that theme park a real thing in america?

Are their other films any good?

Anyone here seen the Safdie brothers' other film Heaven Knows What?

Wondering what you thought of it. If you liked how trashy everything was in Good Time, this film ramps that trashiness up 100%

That's one quality I like about their films. The characters have black heads, they have dirt under their nails, their clothes can be sloppy, their hair unkempt.

I heard they were linked to some future capeshit movie

>Soundtrack was a little retarded though.

What? That was the only good part of it.

That's a fantastic painting you mongoloid. Maybe I'll post a Rothko and let you rub your big Jewish nose all over it.

Yeah, it's fucking great.
Best film of 2017 so far

>That's one quality I like about their films. The characters have black heads, they have dirt under their nails, their clothes can be sloppy, their hair unkempt.

Are you implying this is somehow new in cinema?

aye, the ending was actually one of the best things about the film
about 2/3 through, maybe even halfway, you know there can't be a happy ending

the entire way through it's this perfect balance of tense and comfy
and for that to happen right after he gave the speech about how much better he was than the average crook really hit hard

Check out Childhood of A Leader.
Legitimately fantastic film.

pls god no

GREAT acting by the director desu

Anyone else notice the Bail bonds guy had his hat in frame all of a sudden and they used a real jewish bail bonds guy, he fucking kept the money in the safe and won in the end

>i remembah gettin burned by da pan

Have you read about how it's made? They basically befriended the girl and then recreated the stories she would tell them. Buddy Duress (who was also in Good Time) had a warrant out for his arrest when they were filming this. It was all in the street, no permits etc.

Pretty cool. reminds me of sean baker

Only Jews can get away with this:
youtube.com/watch?v=ap1SywAz2X8

>That's one quality I like about their films. The characters have black heads, they have dirt under their nails, their clothes can be sloppy, their hair unkempt.
They're friends with drug addicts and make low budget shaky cam trashfests, it's not a major achievement.

that guy was an actual bail bondsman from the neighborhood they filmed in iirc

and yes it was the best portrayal of a slow person in recent memory

Of course not, I've just become top accustomed to the typical Hollywood portrayal of grittiness which usually has a sheen of inoffensiveness covering it that it was a relief to see some actual fucking grit for once. Hell, even movie adaptation of The Road didn't feel dirty enough

>Actual bail bondsman
Thats what i was trying to say

Also this is a great interview goes through how the director cast himself, the process of finding footage of the cops stabbing the lady on the tv in the film, pattinson being a very self conscious actor, the LARPs they tried to help with acting etc

youtu.be/tzyHrkayPfU

>easily the soundtrack of the year
hi i'm 19 too synthwave is awesome :D

Fuck off
youtu.be/upsR80YmwWc

It's a great original soundtrack

I wasn't trying to imply it was some kind of major achievement, it's just good for the immersion that these trashy people actually look authentically trashy instead of being contrived to look that way by some expensive makeup artist

Probably section eight housing

>Diamond District crime movie
stoked

Yea I really liked Heaven Knows What. Actually 'liked' might be the wrong word, it was hard to watch at times. Definitely worth viewing once though.

Were the blackheads method acting, or purely incidental?

It's mostly uptown after about 30 minutes

>All electronic music is synthwave
t. Underage

Watch more movies laddie

Why don't you just shut up

woof

Just saw this the other night. I'm really glad these guys are getting recognition--they combine the grittiest possible realism with a hyperstylized electronic/cyberpunk vibe that somehow works so naturally. You see these black metal heroin addicts at computers in a library listening to Burzum, and next they're living this life that feels inaccessibly dismal and fantastic. It's really a breath of fresh air from all the indie schlock that depicts miserable peoples lives as one tone or color. Like yeah it fucking sucks, but they're still drifting through the most basic possible functions of life like any other person. Except it ends usually in big fights or overdoses.
Also Arielle Holmes was a Q.T. That most of the actors actually lived the parts they were playing is insane. Not to sound pretentious, but it's hard to appreciate this kind of movie correctly. All the material is there, so the directors have free-range to amp it up as much as possible. Incredible movie.

>homeless junkie
>still waxes her puss
Ruined the believability instantly for me

That movie is actually really good. Carry on.

another thread made by shills

>Getting caught happens all at once and without warning
RMMT

*attacks you with wine*

if this loses the Gotham award we riot

>Shills
The torrent is out faggot

Watch some movies before going on Sup Forums

No, I don't watch kike movies

>Gotham award

Shut up Benny

What the fuck is he doing

He also had pepe in his movie but apparently it wasn't his first choice he was gonna use spongebob or some cartoon

>What the fuck is he doing
SHADILAYING

there's zero source to that one (1) bait thread

B-but he's a jew

Is that a problem?

wtf!

I liked how Connie mentions he thinks he was a dog in a past life while sitting on the couch with that black girl, and that that’s why they like him so much. Then at the end we see him able to calm and handle that massive fucking pit bull that tried to kill everyone else. Nice touch

>he's shatner levels of attention-whoring that he browses Sup Forums
i beginning to regret liking this film

Nothing happens: The Movie

It's a really simple movie about family with some stylish moments but I tried watching it when sober and it's just sort of grating. Still loved the first viewing when I was taking oxy.

Reddit tier flick

that guy has social issues but i legit believe he's an artist and the better of the two brothers

goodtime was a nice movie but it really cant deliver what it promises. still good moments though and a nice start

What was her fucking problem?

mommy issues

psycho bitch that peaked early still living with her (likely single) mother. They're a dime a dozen in New York

she was miscast
my one and only criticism of the film is that she should've been some 20, maybe 30 year old naive idiot
not a woman in her 40s

Isn't Jessica's old enough to be his mom?

I think it fit, she's basically a female manchild who spends all her moms money and lives at home with her multiple pets. She's all about the exterior and holidays but a nutcase

That actually jarred me physically. Don't think I've ever seen someone with acne in a film.

The black girl's voice was so annoying

>A great dane, oh MY GAWSHHHHH

Your opinion is terrible.

Man Pattinson is so hot

JUST

>STOP PLAYIN'

>Y'ALL NEED TO COME OUT RIGHT NOW

and my personal favourite line of his in this movie
>SHUT THE FUCK UP

Overhyped here on Sup Forums. Very forgettable film and visuals and music wasn't anything special. Actually I have no idea if it tried to parody the neo 80's movies, because the music was so over the top. It played constantly and I have never before seen a film where night city montage shots would've bored me. They did in this movie.

well at least you can talk

These women exist, and they're everywhere. The character was obviously written to be in her forties. Please stop trusting your opinions