Favorite 'Nam movie?

Favorite 'Nam movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eflX1B6MRfw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Platoon

Just watched that. Preferred FMJ and Apocalypse desu.

SUM FOLKS ER BORN
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE TO RAISE THE FLAG
OOOO
THAT RED WHITE AND BLUE

Don't mind me. It ain't me flying around.

The one in which It ain't me starts playing

youtube.com/watch?v=eflX1B6MRfw

Nah. that scene was classic.

Hamburger Hill
Flight of the Intruder
Siege of Firebase Gloria
The Deer Hunter
are all strong contenders.
Honorable mentions to tigerland and Rambo

Anyone who says FMJ is good beyond the boot camp sequence must not be able to think very straight with kubricks dick that far down their throat

redit

What are your thoughts on We were Soldiers?

Not that user, but it's pandering and sentimental, thus it's tripe.

You're a fag and your opinions suck

I agree it was sentimental but it seemed to at least try to portray a more realistic approach to the way the battle was fought.

Full Metal Jacket > The Deer Hunter > Platoon > Apocalypse Now

Definitely this. It's as if Kubrick and and earlier Malick made a war film. Redux > theatrical, BTW.

fuck movies watch the newest pbs documentary on this shit

>The Deer Hunter
I hate the near hypocrisy, where it seems the same people who praise the wedding sequence happen to dislike the plantation sequence in Apocalypse Now. Makes no sense

I absolutely agree. Realism isn't what I always look for in my movies though. The Thin Red is probably my fave war flick as it stands.

i always thought the 1989 movie Casualties of War was underrated. Its weird to see Alex Keyton in nam.

So people don't want realism and they don't want sentimental. What do they want?

Man, even with today's cutting edge CGI nothing looks better than real explosions

I felt the same way when I was a dipshit teenager.

This is the opinion of a manchild. I thought that when I watched FMJ at 18 and today I actually enjoy the second half more.

There's something haunting about the end, bunch of kids singing the mickey mouse song in a bombed out city right after plugging a child sniper.

Also Animal Mother is the best character in any Vietnam movie.

I'm about to rewatch it for the first time since I was 19. Hopefully I'll appreciate the second half more.

Just give me my board back, Lance. It was a good board, and i like it.

You talk the talk. Do you walk the walk?