Can we all agree that Man of Steel is kino?

Can we all agree that Man of Steel is kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wArmHSPIvlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=BfKf924ZSwE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Outside of not saving his father, this is in my top 5 capeshit list

Mos + bvs = goat superhero movies

>Mos
>bvs
GINO

yes

pic related

only if You are in Germany

it was good. wasn't great.
was kind of depressing

1. Spiderman 2
2. Man of Steel
3. Spiderman 1

My capeshit top 3

no blade?

It's decent but heavily flawed.

It tries to be Batman Begins, showing Clark's origin story through lots of flashbacks, but its execution is really disjointed, everything is out of chronological order.

ZACG SNIGER IS MY ERO ANG MANG OF STELE IS GINO, STOB MAGGING FUN OF MY GAPEGINO, REGGIT.

Nah, too much boohoo, not enough Inspiration or Awe

>Henry will never be my bf

it hurts bros... ;_;

No.

I'm so glad Justice League is doing worse than Man of Steel
Maybe WB learns a valuable lesson

I never considered Blade to be capeshit. Blade 1 and 2 are pretty high up there, though.

I still don't understand why I liked MoS, but I hated BvS. BvS just felt like a mess compared to this movie.

Find me one capeshit scene more inspirational than this

The only thing that was kino about it was its depiction of ground-level super speed. That's literally it.

In MoS Clark is achieving greatness through the kindness and bravery of human beings. Snyder has the audacity to interlink Clark to mankind to such extreme lengths that the bond is something near spiritual and otherworldly. Your scene is more touching than inspiring.

Yes. The pinnacle of capekino.

Cocksucker

I remember when this teaser came out and Sup Forums was claiming it was like Terrence Malick directing a superhero movie

youtube.com/watch?v=wArmHSPIvlQ

It's the best non-Bale DC movie

thread theme:

youtube.com/watch?v=BfKf924ZSwE

Idk about "more", but some others that are at least comparable are:
>Spiderman 2 train scene
>Spiderman 2 Aunt Mae monologue
>TDK ending (Gordon's speech)
>Avengers when Tony sacrifices himself pushing the bomb through the portal
Probably more but I haven't watched any capeshit in a while other than Spiderman Homecoming. I'd say the end of that is pretty inspirational, though, when he's hanging on by his web to a fucking airplane taking off, without his actual Spidey suit or a parachute or anything. That was surprisingly a powerful and intense scene for me, just the implications of that, how much danger he was putting himself in, how easily he could have died.

You forgot Bruce climbing out of the prison in TDKR.

>Avengers when Tony sacrifices himself pushing the bomb through the portal

DCuck BTFO

>
>not superman turning back time to save lois in Superman (78)

>spinning the earth backwards will reverse time
L O L O L O L O L O L O L O L O L

Absolutely. What plebs don't understand is that the entire movie is made to build a myth, a greek tragedy where the man became the God, yet they are obsessed with the so called dumb moments that are perfectly fine but they simply can't grasp, I'm talking about Jonathan Kent sacrifice that is builded to remind a Pagan sacrifice to a divinity (nature or his son? We are not sure) in order to make the Myth advance.
Snyder was misunderstood.

Peter Parker, maskless and fatigued, is carried by the citizens of New York. In that moment he is a Christ-like figure, who sacrificed his safety and strength to save an entire train of people. He may be Spiderman but, as one civilian said "He is about as old as my son", representing the Everyman archetype.

My scene is touching and inspiring. It inspires through its emotional moment by showing that even though most seemingly humble-looking individuals can be Messiahs.

cus Jesus

t.cinematic illiterate

MoS is not a bad movie. I'd compare it to Thor but with better action.

BvS, like Suicide Squad and JL, is what happens when a bunch of corporate fatcats want to ape their rival and shoehorn it into a directors passion project. WB made the same mistake before with Green Lantern. BvS is worse because they forced Snyder to merge hus Miller Batman project with a hypothetical MoS 2. AND include cameos of the Justice League

>Snyder was misunderstood.
This is literally why MoS and BvS failed. Both are honestly great movies, and would be even greater if he had had even more creative freedom (which was proven by the release of the BvS ultimate cut, which is his actual cut of the film)
People dislike what they don't understand.
I'm not saying "you have to be very smart" blah blah blah, it's not about intelligence, it's just about understanding.

It's a pretty good dark comedy.
>Pa Kent is a psychopath that tells his son not to save people and then dies because he wanted to save a dog
>Clark is completely unhinged and destroys a man's livelyhood because he was mean
>Zod wants to destroy a planet that gives him superpowers despite him being basically the perfect soldier
>Clark making out with Lois while people in the city are dying
>Lois saying "He saved the city" while the skyline behind her is completely destroyed and a skyscraper collapses

>and then dies because he wanted to save a dog
I am thoroughly convinced that all the people who shit on that scene are catfags. People who love and understand dogs have no problem with the idea that a person would put their own life in danger to save their dog.
Also: reminder that science already proved dogs are twice as smart as cats.

I am just saying if I had a son with superpowers that could help me save said dog I wouldn't stop him from doing so.

yes, top3 capekino

Good visuals, good individual scene concepts (say the oilrig rescure, "don't threaten my mother", pile of skulls etc.) but a very shoddy and ramshackle script. Unnecessary 25 minute intro, should've been 20 minutes shorter. Plot takes a while to get going. Should've started adult Superman plot with him getting wind of crashed arctic ship and then working towards it, then all the other scenes like the bar fight/oilrig rescue could've been along the way.

The main fault is that the plot was very wishy washy with little point in getting involved unless you already are a Superman fan.

You are a literal brainlet if you seriously don't understand his motivations for preventing Clark from using his powers. In running to save the dog, he wasn't just saving the dog, he was saving his son. He was afraid of what the world would do to Clark if they found out what he was, and he was willing to sacrifice his life to protect him.
I swear everybody is a fucking retard these days.

Batman taking the blame on himself for Harvey's murders.

That's right pajeet

i liked it but really the Krypton stuff could have been shortened and the fight at the end was way to overblown.
Cut out the octopus World Engine Fight and just have Superman fight Zod
(also have Zod mention they need organic matter to terraform a planet into krypton so thats why he wants to destroy earth)
otherwise , as far as super hero origin films go...its better than most.

>Sir, we received reports from bumfuck nowhere that a kid saved his dad during a tornado with superspeed
>Is there any evidence?
>Well a couple of people who were running in the opposite direction think they saw something
>Well, good enough for me. Netter contact the president we have some kind of super man on the run!

>people literally standing under overpass
>everybody and their mother has a camera-phone

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

I second this
You're a fucking idiot

Obviously Pa Kent was. There were literally no cases of people having superpowers before that. Noone would even think some dude from bumfuck nowhere had superpowers, even if you film it, since video editing tools also exist.
Also how many people were filming Pa Kent getting blown on a mountain by a tornado? And you could quite literally get away with "god gave me strength" in rural Kansas so noone would inquire further.

I liked it too, but that's because I knew all about Superman going in. Unfortunately, for someone who doesn't know quite as much (or indeed anything at all) the movie doesn't give much content to get to know the character. Compare this to, say, Batman Begins (which imo is a more forgettable affair) which gives the audience more reason to sympathise with the Batman character, understand his journey, follow him on it, etc.

The OST was good, specifically the flight theme.
The casting was good, even if the script was garbage.
That's basically all MoS has going for it.

>tfw you need to oversaturate your own propaganda poster to make it look good
topjej

Really enjoyed all the childhood flashbacks scenes and the scenes with the dad

>Snyder redditor haters only argument is the racist "Lol you're indian"

Amazing to see babies with zero arguments still trying to be snarky.

and the scene with him in BvS. Made me tear up a bit

Man of Steel was a very pretty movie, no one is arguing that. It sets the bar for visuals very high for whoever picks up the DC mantle after Snyder has had enough. Do you think plot and characterization was good? I found it better than any of the other DCEU movies but still hobbled by mediocre acting in parts