starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_scream
youtube.com/watch?v=t0qH2IaSjEU
youtube.com/watch?v=H8lWfnYK7C0
youtube.com/watch?v=U1MnMA0TzGI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No this is

fuck me
youtube.com/watch?v=5sOvNYYH6Cs

Some idiot will probably say the RotS saber fight is, but it's probably the worst saber fight in the series.

Draws out for too long; more about the visuals for 99% of the fight than the actual impact of the fight; just a whole mess of choreography.

ANH saber duel had more depth than this

>inb4 for that shitty vid who review this duel literally shot by shot and with many slow mo to tell us the fight is fake (wow no shit!)
this is how autistic the anti prequels are

if it were 1 v 1 would he have killed them both?

will the new trilogy ever get a song as hype as duel of fates?

Duel rankings in my opinion:
ESB > ROTJ > TPM > ANH > ROTS > TFA > AOTC

Ah yes the classic scene between an old man and a guy who couldnt see shit

youtube.com/watch?v=sq51w34Hg9I

The GOAT is Return of the Jedi

>that based as fuck emperor theme
>Vader being an ultimate asshole
>Luke curbstombing Vader into submission

Ewoks be damned, Jedi is the shit

youtube.com/watch?v=YZ_j3s5xj8I

Correct ranking, though ESB and ROTJ are switchable

>ANH
That was literally the worst lightsaber fight of the entire series. Kill yourself you contrarian faggot.

>TFA that low

The rest of the film maybe but the duel was great

youtube.com/watch?v=FJTz-ahXyyI

>the virgin flashlight dancing vs the chad Kenjutsu

I would agree with that, they both have such a powerful emotional impact and they're just cool to watch.
I take just a tiny more preferance with ESB just because it's funny watching Vader toy around with Luke.

A non terrible example of that would be Obi Wan killing Maul in that cartoon

>swinging lightsabers like bats
>tv budget camera work
>Y-you need a teacher!
>forced resolution
That duel was dogshit.

Yeah but that track shot from the side at the end of RotJ when Luke is overpowering Vader, I'm diamond.

Is this real?

Yeah Obi-wan only won because Qui-Gon's spare lightsaber was lying around. Maul forgot to kick it down that hole like the other one lol.

>Those awful overlays when any of them try to jump really fast or high
>Those constant gay ass kicks when they have fucking lightsabers
>Literally zero motivation for Maul
>Obi Wan's master dies because Obi Wan couldn't run fast enough
>Obi Wan beats someone who has the high ground

All shit
SHIT
H
I
T

I think choreography in the Star Wars movies is generally pretty bad but that one is really great

As a HEMAfag with three years of experience, here's how I'd rank them, purely in terms of choreography and not taking into account how emotionally appropriate the fight is or how well it's filmed

>God Tier
Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon vs Darth Maul
Luke vs Darth Vader (Empire Strikes Back)
Finn and Rey vs Kylo Ren

>Good Tier
Anakin and Obi-Wan vs Count Dooku (Revenge of the Sith)
Luke vs Darth Vader (Return of the Jedi)
Finn vs TR-8R

>Okay Tier
Yoda vs Palpatine
Obi-Wan vs General Grievous
Obi-Wan vs Anakin

>Embarrassing Tier
Anakin and Obi-Wan vs Count Dooku (Attack of the Clones)
Yoda vs Count Dooku
Mace Windu vs Palpatine
Obi-Wan vs Darth Vader

>The whole purpose of the Wuxia-tier Lightsaber duels was to show the Jedi in their prime and how far everything had fallen in the Original Series.
>Sup Forums pleblets still do not understand this.

>swinging lightsabers like bats

So like the original trilogy?

Back, and to the left.
Back, and to the left.

>Finn and Rey vs Kylo Ren
Really? I remember that fight being just slamming sword against sword with one side always being pushed back

Episodes 1 and 3 really arn't all that bad. Episode 2 is fucking shit though

>Episode 2 is fucking shit though

It really is shit everything from Yoda, to that five seconds where its just lightsabers flashing in front of the camera in pitch black

Woah, how could Sorseu, the most defensive of lightsaber forms, have failed Obi-Wan?!
George Lucas doesn't even know his own lore!

Snape got shot with a gun that sent several stormtroopers flying and Rei didn‘t know two shits about fighting with a lightsaber.

As cringe as Episode 3 was, the duel between Anakin and Obiwan is probably the most realistic given how fast the actual swings are. Looking at the one you've presented gives great pause to my suspension of disbelief seeing such slow swings of weightless blades of energy.

>Finn and Rey vs Kylo Ren
>god tier
>ROTJ duel below that despite being the most emotionally engaging of the series

Lucas stated that he originally wanted the lightsabers to be wielded as though they were heavy with energy instead of being weightless. The difference you see between the speed of the prequel fights and the OT are because he wanted to show that lightsaber techniques were at their height in the prequels. So they move fast and have complicated moves, where as in the OT a lot of the techniques have been forgotten or are being used by old men.

Well, Sup Forums?

>This still is the GOAT lightsaber duel
Not even the best duel involving Darth Maul.

Here, let me help you out. This is the true GOAT:
youtube.com/watch?v=0scImICHU14

Gonna need a source on that or I call BS.

I can't care about the choreography of a single fight given that entire movie was absolute dogshit and ruined Star Wars and Luke. Rey is shit.

Genuine Kino

youtu.be/RIefj6dOhnM?t=3m32s

At 3:32 seconds

kino

>60fps

Fucking why

Goat duel? maybe. Goat soundtrack? DEFINITELY

But I thought that Vader was at the absolute height of his power in the OT

Maul has a good track record when it comes to duels. Nearly all of his are great.
youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg&t=139s

>when darth icky stunts just don't cut it anymore

In the force maybe, but he is an old man at that point and in constant pain in a robot husk of a body. I wouldn't expect him to be flipping and spinning his lightsaber like in the RotS.

youtube.com/watch?v=eQATBFIZ13o
>Shows how Anakin has been getting stronger and can give Dooku a challenge now which makes him sudddenly being able to defeat Dooku in Episode 3 make sense
>Palpatine is impressed by Anakins skills, showing him starting to want him as an apprentice
>Anakin using the strength of his robot arm to rip apart droids and chock Dooku
>Call back to Luke vs Vader in ROTJ with Anankin doing the same angry hammer motion on Dooku that Luke did on Vader

But why couldn't you use the Force to compensate for age and a failing body?

Maybe it would tear apart his suit? Or his body couldn't take the stress being that he is essentially a cripple only able to breathe and move because of his suit. Gotta look on wookiepedia for those kind of answers.

Reverse question Sup Forums

What is the worst lightsaber fight?

Mace V Sheev
youtube.com/watch?v=4ESOrF_u1hg

Or Dooku V Yoda
youtube.com/watch?v=PLV-Vpy1gqQ

based george, truly a man of science, the only person who understands how heavy energy really is, shame he sold out to disney tho

Mace V Sheev.

Especially after watch TCW and you see Kit Fisto and those other Jedi being total badasses and then they get BTFO by Sheev in one swing.

Yoda vs Dooku is at least entertaining just for Yoda bouncing everywhere.

yeah bretty much. If they had showed Sheev doing some crazy dbz-tier Force shit on them to incapacitate them or something, it'd be more believable since he was always presented as more of a cunning man rather than a warrior. Instead he just pulls his dolce & gabbana lightsaber and has them treason'd

Thank you kind sir, from now on I'll never have to argue the training is important thing ever again with Mary Sue fans, I'll just let George explain it himself.

>Clearly this can't be settled with The Force. It will have to be settled with our skills with the lightsaber!
Uhh but doesn't that contradict the whole point of the franchise, which is that the Force offers unlimited powah and is the ultimate trump card of the universe?

>3:38
>Obi 6 to 12 o clock double block

That is the single best lightsaber move in the entirety of Star Wars

Dooku prefers using a lightsaber. He was one of the best duelist in the Order before leaving.

yeah but then we wouldn't get to see yoda doing autistic bounces all over the room with his dicklet saber

Phantom menace was the best prequel

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_scream

>DescriptionEdit

> "Nooooooooooooooo!"
> ―Darth Vader, upon learning of Padmé >Amidala's death[src]

>If a Dark Jedi or Sith Lord was being beaten >and frustrated by his foe, he might let out an >enraged scream (amplified through the Force) >that triggered shock waves that rippled through >the Force. This caused devastation to any that >were unfortunate enough to be in proximity. >Like many dark side Force powers, it allowed >the user to use powerful negative emotions as >a weapon, albeit involuntarily in this case.

>Darth Sidious used a Force scream against >Mace Windu along with other members of the >Jedi council in order to strike fear into their >hearts.

"Now young Skywalker, feel the true power of the Dark Side of the Force"
>"AAAUAAUAAAUAAAAUUAUAAUAUAUGH"

Disney reintroduced that concept, though. There's a scene in Rebels where someone asks why a lightsaber feels so heavy, and a character explains why.

I still don't even know where the "lightsabers are weightless" thing came from. My entire life, I thought they were supposed to be heavy until people here started screeching about weightlessness.

wookieepedia is the ultimate pit of high-powered autism

>I still don't even know where the "lightsabers are weightless" thing came from. My entire life, I thought they were supposed to be heavy until people here started screeching about weightlessness.
The flippy shit they do in the prequel films

Its written by George

The mans dialogue in the prequels makes no sense and contradicts itself

nah nigga they get that dumb shit from real life which is bs anyway cuz real life sucks

Obi v Maul 2 da GOAT.

Literally the only sabre duel that wasn't shit.

This. Also, he knew people were going to freak because everyone had been waiting for 30 years to see Yoda whip out his laser sword and go to town.

And a reminder that George still calls them laser swords because Alec Guinness came up with lightsaber and George refuses to let anyone else take credit for anything.

That was shit

This guy knows. I just watched Finn and rei versus snape and it was better than I remembered

Being an actor these days seems like a shit work

Actually Obi Wan had the high ground, from a certain point of view.

This scene only proves that the dark rage side of the force is better.

Qui-Gon uses force meditation, while Maul was seething with hatred. Maul kills Qui-Gon - Obi-Wan is PISSED at Maul and he kills Maul.

Rage side of the force = strongest in combat.

>these days

That was filmed in 2001/2002... HAHAHA you think most sets these days have that much real backdrop?

Its bluescreen all the way down folks.

youtube.com/watch?v=t0qH2IaSjEU

This, but unironically.

pottery

It was always better

My favorite is in cloud city. They go through so many rad looking areas and Vader is genuinely unsettling. This tunnel always stands out to me. Plus there's a good balance of force use with Vader throwing stuff.

*coughs*

This is the GOAT lightsaber scene

youtube.com/watch?v=H8lWfnYK7C0

I genuinely don't understand Sup Forums's autistic screeching over this scene

Definitely underrated. Only ever disliked it because my nigga obi Juan gets thrown away so easily.

The Phantom Menace's fight is shit. There's no relationship between the characters at all. In the entire film Maul never says a single word to Jinn or Obi-Wan.
It's just out of nowhere, a door opens up and they start fighting. It's the fucking worst duel in Star Wars, except for maybe the duel in episode 2.

WE TRAVELED HERE THROUGH THE REACHES OF SPACE

Don't even need to rewatch it and I know exactly the moment you're talking about and agree.

Because RLM told them it was too fanservicey to actually have Vader do something threatening since the OT ended

The music in this fight is incredible
youtube.com/watch?v=U1MnMA0TzGI

The ending to the fight is one of my favorite SW moments so good

Obi vs maul right after qui gon dies is the most kino part of any duel in the series

>..you....you need a teacher, I can teach you
>in mid fight with someone that's trying to kill you
>you look at her close her eyes for no reason
>.....standing there for 10 seconds doing nothing
>.....

I mean at what point do we not laugh at this shit?

>the two who just flew away into the distance
who the fuck thought this was a good idea

Why didn't Maul just force push Obi-Wan the rest of the way down the reactor shaft?

I have RLM's dicks (mostly Jay's) deep in my throat and even I can see that this scene is probably the best thing they've done with the new star wars.

because it would have been a boring fight. if this was about efficiency using swords in the first place is pretty fucking stupid

this. it added real emotional weight to the fight which is something the first two thirds of it were completely void of.

>using a meta explanation to excuse a hole in the writing
then don't write yourself into a corner, genius. plenty of other fights in the series impart tension and excitement without dumb shit like that.

the dual is complete garbage the only kino thing is the score and sound

it's over choreographed, has bad CG and devoid of emotion that would make a fight compelling

>over choreographed

Explain

for some reason when they dislike a movie they seem to find a way to explain why even good things are bad. It works when the movie itself is terrible but when it has redeeming qualities it makes it obvious that they really are just Youtubers reviewing shit in the first place.