Character analysis

did she love K?

Other urls found in this thread:

rogerebert.com/balder-and-dash/tears-of-a-machine-the-humanity-of-luv-in-blade-runner-2049
youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Like a father.

I don't think she loved him, but she definately had a thing for him, and he autistically rejected her when she asked him a personal question. There was definately a hint of jealousy there when she crushed Joi, saying "I hope you enjoyed our product" directly to her. She said the same line to K earlier in the movie when Joi's ringer went off.

There was a thing between both of them, she acted very odd around him, like she was embarassed when she had to show her unfeminine superhuman strength.

The giveaway is when he says
>She likes him
Then she makes a sudden move and asks "Who?", like she thinks he could see trough her

Before she met K she was very sweet and accomodating. After K rejects her I think she goes off baseline and basically becomes a bitch. I also believe she was spying on K having sex with Mariette and Joi and probably saw it all.

>says that answering personal questions makes one feel desired
>"do you enjoy your work, detective?"

Joi represented everything K or rather "you want to hear, see, feel" not just in a romantic sense but in terms of state of being, she throughout the film is even indulging and supporting his romanticism of life: the idea he was special and unique which deep down everyone wants to feel. Love crushes "Joi" and gives K reality, which whilst not being what he wants to hear, see, feel et cetera is what he needs to see, feel and hear. throughout the whole film he is outcasted and craves some semblance of belonging, hes even asked if he feels like part of him is missing in one of the baselines, love whilst opposing him essentially paves the way to being part of the revolution, passing on and experiencing "the most human thing possible" for a replicant to do. His character who is misplaced throughout the narrative is finally given some sense of absolution and something worth living for, its only when everything he wants (to be special and loved) is taken away he realizes he doesnt need them, what he needs is a sense of belonging and completion, to be "human". I think she loved him in the way that a mother who hits her child loves them, hurting them for their betterment. its a rather cruel but realistic representation of love

Here's a great little read on the humanity and the overall character of Luv
rogerebert.com/balder-and-dash/tears-of-a-machine-the-humanity-of-luv-in-blade-runner-2049

Bladerunner 2 was terrible. christ OP get a life.

*blocks your path to the hologram store*
*Walks towards you*
*Punches your throat*
*sits on your face as you struggle to breathe*

"Bad dog..."

HERESY !!!

I wish she loved me

this

No, she hated Wallace.

Best thread

Someone post the toe sucking webm please.

Would Luv read Sup Forums?

just download and watch "The Best Offer" faggot, it's a decent movie

Only to shill for Wallace.

That's alright, tho

That's alright, tho. He did nothing wrong.

She'd shitpost on how replicants are much better than human

But I just need quick fap, I don't care about the movie.

her boss gutting that other replicant in front of her probably didnt help either

Luv is best girl tho, regardless

>hfw posting "Luv is the best" while droning civilians.

>Luv spied on K and Joi

I was thinking about this and wondering if one of you faggots would have a head canon where Luv reprograms Joi to have sex with K and then has some VR uplink to have Joi's perspective.

They had a moment over being asked personal questions, but their rivalry was not chemistry.

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y

She had an interest in him, maybe even a crush.

She tried to come on to him in a replicant way, and when she was rejected because he had a JOI, an inferior product, it made her mad.

Its bad enough that she cant carry a child for her god/father, but to not even be able to beat out a "product" makes her fucking snap.

All I want for Christmas is a Blade Runner 2049 blu ray

and a large 4K OLED TV and 4K blu ray player to play it on

I don't think she loved him, but definitely wanted him. Her kissing him after stabbing him is an expression of that.

>hairy
daddy likey

Delet

My name is Santa, wish granted.

nah, she loved mr t

she didn't love K, she was just jealous that he had enough of a sack to have personal agency

Your cam sucks

How come you don't have the one this user is posting:

>tfw you'll never be axe kicked by Luv.

Yeah, we knew....she already mentioned that in the DP/30 interview (or maybe it was the BUILD Series one).

> tfw you'll never wake up to Luv next to you in bed.

Stop this right now. I cant take it.

>Santa is real

Everything I want to hear.

>love kills joy

>Dreadfully distinct against the dark
>A tall white camrip played

>Joi santa edition

What was K thinking when she said "You BAD dog!"
He didn't see that earlier scene where they referred to him as a good boy
I originally thought that was just a horrible, cheesy line but later I realized she's basically an autistic child and thought that was a clever thing to say at the time

ywn put a plastic babydoll in her womb so she can pass it and feel like a real mommy.

She was just having fun (off her baseline).

speak for yourself

That's what I mean. She got wrapped up in the whole K mission but she has no real world experience and doesn't know how to interact with other people. She was clearly enjoying herself by the time she stabbed him and planted one on him and the thrill of being "the best" seemed like a revelation to her.

If they don't bring another Luv in BR2079 I'll be upset. There's potential there.

I wonder what Luv's baseline test looks like. What book or poem would it be sourced from?

Are you guys one of the reasons why Sup Forums hates this movie? Please stop.

I've only seen Hoek threads over the past week. Sup Forums likes this movie I thought. I certainly did

>he isn't also a fan of both Sade and Mr T
imagine having taste this shit

I love this movie too. Who cares right? Maybe I shouldn't take this website so seriously. I love the movie. Whatever enjoy your thread.

Now this is a good interpretation, not that other faggot one you guys post

she is pretty

anyone have a working stream for this ?

I just want to say, I love how this movie generates real, actual discussion every time a thread is made about it. Great job, guys.

I luv her and her dogs

aaaaaand you just ruined it. great fucking job, guy.

Who cares, everyone knows Sup Forums is full of capeshit plebs

It doesn't. There have been a few shit threads, but for the most part they have been great.

This is Sup Forums's film. It was made for us. The only people who really dislike it in these threads are Sup Forums autists who go outside the film to find something to whine about.

Goddamn bluray when? I'm dying

She'd make a good dominatrix, I'm not even into that sort of thing and I want her to step on my face

Good read

Nope, but she definitely wanted to fuck him, like almost every female character in this movie, which is a little off if K is a over 30 y.o. autistic virgin, but in a Chad body.