Disaster artist

How can there not be a disaster artist thread?

Oh right cuz ur all too poor to actually watch films in theatres and just wait for pirated release

>tfw waited 2 months for a decent ex machina thread

Anyway im watching it tomorrow. I hate james franco but have high hopes

Wide release isn't until the 8th hence no thread

Not playing in my city till the 7th. I'm hyped to see it though. Loved the book.

It's in limited release. Not a lot of opportunities to see it yet.

Fuck this movie though. I've been going to midnight showings of The Room for years and they surprisingly not normie filled until the last couple of months. Fuck this movie.

Fair enough

My plan is to have my clueless gf watch the room tonight, and then disaster artist tomorrow

She prob will hate me for it but it will help her understand me more

>tfw..

Should I watch The Room first? I've been aware of its meme status for years but never got around to watching it. I live in London and apparently there's a cinema which does a midnight screening. Should I watch it there first or by myself?

>having a gf
I hope you get cancer and die a painful death.

It releases in January in my country.

are Tommy and Greg still friends?

Friends enough that they got another movie.

>having a gf
found the corporate shill

No real need, I hadn’t watched it save for a couple clips here and there and I went to a screening last week. I still enjoyed it: generally funny and good hearted though franco’s performance is a little too brain-damaged.

Yes

>franco’s performance is a little too brain-damaged
Have you seen an interview with Tommy?

>franco’s performance is a little too brain-damaged
You're hella cute, user.

Watch The Room then read the book. Seeing this movie is optional.

hows dave franco? Seems so clear to me Dave and James wanted to do this together and that's why he's in it, dave doesn't really look like greg at all

No reason to see this in the cinema. Cinemas are for capeshit and movies about disasters in space.

>gf
FUCKING REDDIT

Hell, listen to the Audiobook. Greg's narration makes it much more enjoyable.

why the fuck would i watch a fictionalized account of a movie, when i can just watch the actual movie?

won't be surprised when this flops hard.

It was great, the after credit scene is a conversation between Franco and Wiseau, you literally can't tell who is the person talking during the exchange.

Because the making of the movie is just as entertaining as the movie.

Definite need, the last 20 minutes of the movie is a side by side comparison of Wiseau's film and Franco's version.

>I've been going to midnight showings of The Room for years

He really does once they get to the principal photography segment, the poster is misleading.

this, it's the only way

Bunch of timeskips happen in the film, when his hair grows out its pretty on par.