Remember when this show was funny and culturally relevant?

Remember when this show was funny and culturally relevant?

idk about funny but its still culturally relevant

Their quick production turnout also assures that each episode will be dated and stale by the following week. The only episodes that age well are those that aren't shackled by flavor-of-the-week pop culture jabs.

Remember when you weren't a triggered faggot?

I LE 'MEMBER XD

yeah

oh, you wanted us to talk about how bad it is now

we know.

>when your shows so shit you make a forced meme to deflect criticism

It stll has it's moments.

Haven't watched South Park in years.
Feeling like something simple to waste my time this evening, what season should I download? Ideally without any holier than thou leftist crap

it's always culturally relevant though, whether you like it or not that's kinda it's whole gimmick

I remember when the population of the board wasn't entirely hellbent on being that guy who wants to explain to you why show x is garbage inside of show x's thread and actually mostly discussed stuff we like. Now its a bunch of masochists looking to envelope themselves in a cocoon of shit they hate thinking it somehow elevates them.

The Fractured But Whole is more solid than the recent seasons because making fun of cape shit is pretty timeless.

Yes, I remember the first 4 seasons and the movie

would still be culturally relevant if the creators were not biased

its crazy to watch them go full retard as much as the rest of hollywood over trump. even fucking seth mcfarlane gets why the left lost/is losing the culture and is backing down on his bullshit. fucking family guy is better than south park now

But they made fun of SJW's therefore it has to be funny!

they never really made fun of "SJW" they closest they went was parodying the PC college culture which was blowing and going full retard pre US Election

Yeah that season literally ends with Kyle saying pc principal was right and everyone has to change now. It's fucking dumb they spend a whole season showing how dumb and self righteous it all is only to say but it's all true in the end. I assumed they let other writers influence the show who are progressives or women.

This is when they were still cocky about Trump never going to win the primary but they failed to realize that the continued "hurr durr you gotta change for PC shit" was one of the main reasons the eventually got elected because people were sick and tired of that bullshit

Like in the season after when some of the memberberries are like "member when america was more white and gay marriage wasnt real" or something like that and it was supposed to be a "bad" thing

You cant imagine how insane the US looks to an outsider like me when they literally crying about Nazis just because some guy wants to reinforce the border and deport illegals

>this entire thread

this is what happens when you base your show on weekly events that wont be relevant in a year instead of original stories

Matt and Trey should unironically stop the TV series and just focus on the games.

Well it certainly isn't funny, but the problem is that it's TOO culturally relevant. I mean it's a show about kids in the 4th grade why does the plot have to get so insane for them to relate it to whatever is happening now? They're not subtle at all with how they're trying to tie everything to current events.

There is a difference between being relevant and hyper relevant. Big events like elections will be relevant for years but when your joke is based on some twitter meme that will be funny for 18 hours it's gonna flop.

Season plot archs were a mistake. All it did was cause the jokes to suffer and be recycled at the expense of some shitty plot. Compare the variety of main jokes each episode back in season 8 to the jokes now.
Season 8
>Episode making fun of anime and shitty mall ninja weapons
>Episode making fun of steroids and the special Olympics
>Episode making fun of the Passion of the Christ
>Episode making fun of dance battle movies
>Episode where Cartman pretends to be a robot to trick Butters
>Episode making fun of Michael Jackson
>Episode spoofing the illegal immigration issue
>Episode making fun of elections
>Episode making fun of Walmart
>Episode where the boys have to deal with a fuckup they made back in preschool
>Episode making fun of media sensationalism
>Episode making fun of tabloid celebs like Paris Hilton
>Episode where cartman becomes a psychic detective
>Woodland Christmas critters episode

Notice the variety of topics, and how many of them are not even spoofing a current event or trend, but are just the boys having a stupid adventure.
Season 21
>Episode spoofing Charlottesville
>Episode making fun of Trump
>Episode making fun of increased victimization
>Episode making fun of fake news
>Episode making fun of the Opioid crisis
>Episode making fun of sexual abuse witchhunt in Hollywood
>Episode making fun of Trump
>Another NFL episode
6 of the 8 episodes deal with the current left vs right divide going on in America, with the other 2 episodes also being political hot topics at the moment. There isn't a single episode that is just some stupid adventure the boys get caught up in like in Good Times with Weapons or Awesom-O. Every episode is super politically charged and that gets tiring in an era where everything is becoming political. Is it too much to ask for them to tone it down and just go back to the shows roots a little bit?

Yes but then they made fun of daddy and his voters and it became retroactively reddit. Behead those who insult daddy.

As long as we all agree that Good Times With Weapons and Lil' Crime Stoppers are the best episodes ever I won't delete this thread.

Idk I kind of liked the "everything is shit" episode

It's even more reddit than Family Guy these days. Sad!

last 2 episodes

trips of truth brought to you by MAGA

It used to be about characters and stories, with a few cultural references thrown in.
Now it's just cultural references with a few stories thrown in.

This difference means that all the new episodes have the longevity of last weeks bread.
You can still to this day go back and watch the earlier seasons and have a good time. I don't think you can say the same about the later seasons in 10-20 years.

Plot archs are DEFINITELY a large mistake

You can't tell the same joke every week for an entire season. It just doesn't work, you need variety.

>haha Eric and Heidi aren't getting along! Tune it next week to see them not get along again!

You do? It's been like this as far back as I can remember.

Yup, it's dumb. As this
user said. I will go back and watch some gold standalone episodes. I'm not inclined to watch an entire season for a resolution though

>they never really made fun of "SJW"
So, did you like just got into this show last year or what?

It's still culturally relevant. That hasn't changed just because YOU don't like it.

no

Zombie Family Guy

POWER GAP

Zombie Simpsons
Zombie South Park

No its not

People IRL dont talk about South Park anymore, it doesnt influence anything and its ratings are as low as theyve ever been.

Matt and Trey themselves said they wanted to tone down the trump jokes, since literally everyone on any sort of television network is making trump jokes, but they couldn't stop.

The show is just boring now. Increased victimization and fake news could have been handled better, they turned out uninteresting, and the trump episodes are still tell us that trump is mean and bad like we haven't been told that a million times.

It used to be about innocent kids being kids when introduced to the relevant topics of that time, but now its just about the relevant topics minus the kids

Anything up until season 9

I think I read in an interview that Matt and Trey want to shy away from the Trump stuff and get back the misadventures of the boys. Like what Gerald said to Kyle in that troll trace episode, " You're just a kid, you should be having fun and laughing at dumb shit". The boys are too aware of the state of things and sort of take a backseat to most things as opposed to being naive and unaware, coincidentally pointing out the flaws in an ideology or institution

I hate Reddit Park, and I always have since it started airing here in '97.

>Reddit Park

oh so they want to make the show watchable again, it's just an accident that they still make shitty look-what-happend-this-week episodes.

/thread

Season 19 is probably the best season in 10+ years. It's pretty fucking based if you are against the whole sjw movement.

Absolutely don't watch season 20 though

It is almost as if something can't be good forever. wierd

>if you are against the whole sjw movement
I don't want to watch South Park and feel like I'm on Sup Forums

Do you prefer South Paredditk

>tfw trying to watch episodes from the last 7 or so seasons
>they're all about some news story i only vaguely remember

Did they not think about how dated these seasons would become just a few years later?

>What is monty python

monty python sucked

Nah

Just like the USA.

no

it was always simpsons for edgy teenagers

Yes I remember being a teenager

kys

>That shitshow Eric Idle has created with his forced reunion live shows
>good

I don't know why they keep trying to add new characters for the show that work for the school.

Aside from the Mr. Mackey takes LSD episode there hasn't been a good one at all.

The teachers might as well not even be there. The kids, the townies, and the parents are the fun characters.

Nobody fucking cares if PC Principal and Mr. Mackey find love in an age of aggressive totally rock hard veiny PCness.

>"i like this show but they spitting out the political opinions that i want them to and now i'm scared and sad"

t. americans butthurt that their "comedy" is annihilated by bongs

All posts that I agree with. The fact that Matt and Trey can make an episode in a few days has ruined the show. They make entire episodes dedicated to some micro-scandal or a single story that dominates the 24 hour news cycle for a day. Most of the episodes of the latest seasons are going to age very poorly.

I didn't mind the seasonal continuity when it first started happening, because most of the episodes were still self contained stories, but that's gone out the window now. As another user pointed out, there's only so many times you can laugh at Cartman and Heidi's bad relationship or at what a crazy asshole Garrison-Trump is, so when you have 10 fucking episodes of that shit, it gets old fast.

Also, Matt and Trey's turn from centrism to leftism is hardly surprising. Despite making fun of both sides, they've always leaned left, and with how increasingly politically polarized America is, it was obvious that they'd shift further leftward.

Also, see Matt's wife and their mongrel children in pic related. It's no wonder who's feeding him with talking points.

South Park is dead.

So you are saying that the soulless reunification specials are good? Go eat shit, matey

wrong thread faggot

But season 19 was defending SJW.

The witchhunt episode stands out in every way though. That was a moment of classic South Park there

>when you've been on Sup Forums long enough to see the anons get triggered by South Park

Yes we can remember 1 week ago, what about you?

they have not shifted left, you, as a millennial shitbag, have just gone to the absurd fringes of the right wing and now perceive normalcy as brutal left wing extremism.

they have grown up to be the kind of people that are generally made fun of in comedy.
not the shows fault.

>Tired of constantly hearing the same jokes about the same people
>Triggered

>didnt think trump was going to win when anyone with knowledge of what power, money and momentum can bring knew it wasn’t obvious
they are literally living with their heads in the sand

If you count trump jokes as comedy.

>criticism = being triggered

said no one ever

Friend, compare the number of people who voted for trump to the number of people who voted for, say, mitt romney. Or any republican candidate since, say, reagan.

If you're not stupid you'll notice something.

>criticism
Every fucking week you guys cry about how SP isn't funny anymore and they're sjw's.

no i didn't post that

This was a fucking classic and the line where Cartman saying he sucked on a hose in a alleyway for seamen while Kyle just nods that off is funny as fuck.

Jesus those kids are ugly and look like there dressed in hand me downs

Yep, around the last time Sup Forums was good.

anyone else drop he episode here?

cant believe they still run these unfunny shits

i recently played the South Park game for n64. its still pretty fun

THAT’S THE JOKE YOU FUCKING AUTIST.

They aren’t funny and they are old and washed up. Just like a certain kike who just got a deal with Netflix.

This isn't really a complicated show, yet idiots like this still miss the point it will try to make. How can one take south park's critics seriously if they have morons like this.
>actually thinking that T&P's role was to be funny, ever

>constantly do episodes about Trump
>8 years of the muslim nigger and he got a free pass despite being arguably one of the worst presidents of all time
>not shifting left
k

>Daddy Issues: The Post