Star Wars The Last Jedi Praetorian Guards

what were they thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R7fHTh6vwvs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who’s the faggy numale in the center?

gollum

Cgi and greenscreens should just be banned.

They wouldnt be so bad if they looked less plastic, I know the storm troppers and red guards in the older films used plastic but not as much as here which looks like something you could buy at the store

>Can't make any movies without ripping heavily off the OT
>All of the original ideas they have are terrible
New trilogy is dead on arrival, but normies will still flock to see the shambling corpse. Only looking forward to it to shit on it really.

At least that's somewhat an original design instead of recycled shit like 99% of the movie

I bet they'll look better with the lighting but I'm not a fan of the design

What do they guard and from whom?

>they took out the knights of ren for this

Why is his weapon just a giant surgical scalpel?

1. These look like halloween costumes.
2. What's up with the boring color design?

literally red dickheads

Time to operate?

Over designed weapons and suits, while completely copying the emperor's guards, its both too safe, and too much

Are they not capable of coming up with their own ideas/design? Its like everything has to be based on the OT.

Toys.

Dead Ringers.

it's you

Old one are so much cooler.

Wow I can't wait to see the NOT PALPATINE GUARDS and NOT PALPATINE fight NOT LUKE SKYWALKER on the NOT DEATH STAR THRONE ROOM who is trained by NOT YODA on NOT DAGOBAH, in theaters Friday December 18th!

Get rid of the armor on the arms, Matte finish, Put some black in there instead of all red and it might look ok. Not as if it could look worse.

if you're eight years old, those are the coolest fucking things you'll have ever seen.

These guys will be like 20 times more badass than the old imperial guards.

the red guards cloaks covered most of their bodies so the plastic was just the helmet which gave a nice divide. these ones are full plastic and look overdone. i also dont know why they are all different, its too animeme. the red guards were all the same, faceless and regal. these ones looks like theyd have teleporter packs in their armor so they can unsheathe laser katana and nothing personnel the rebels

>what were they thinking?
We gotta make it similar but not the same. Which in their retarded minds works even though it's the worst of both worlds.

now that i say this though im pretty sure the praetorian guards are the knights of ren since they all had animeme weapons too and were all different

get rid of the unnecessary armor bits, matte black finish on the armor, red visors in the shape of a four pointed star. with pic related robes with the blood red that snoke likes replacing the red they have, and they all use mauls

Maybe get some nips to design this shit next time Disney fags.

it's me

>from minimalist shit that hurt the eyes to over designed shit that hurt the eyes

>those metal basketball shorts
This is a joke, right?

Did you say bike shorts?

Those weapons look like shit from Power Rangers

I guess they are samurai now, neat

Why isn't the armor uniform?

Because then people wold only buy one toy.

over 9000 hours in ms paint

They looked way cooler, though

yea too bad disney has to rehash everything. the knights of ren shouldve been snokes guard

id also like the visors to be uniform and hide the red star until the guard has to engage the enemy, in which they flip up and activate. the audience should think them no more than statues flanking snoke until they are needed. they should be incredibly still and never move, and when they do it should be with a graceful yet powerful intent

Would love to have seen the original guys in combat

I'm glad Disney is going out of its way to make you feel like watching the old trilogy all over again.

Might as well not even make Episode IX, just re-release EP VI

Looks like some Tron shit

the other question should be came even come out with a original name, Praetorian guard really the most unoriginal thing that disney star wars has ever come out

For surgical attacks, for certain.

how do they see

they keep trying to force the OT aesthetic when that was lack of budget

and yet did a better job

Learn how to communicate in an intelligent way retard

Clearly inspired by the old sith guards rather than Sheev's. Everything involving Kylo and Snoke seem to be taking visual cues from ancient sith.

Is there any reason why they have penises for helmets?

Its a shitty version of the Royal Guards

I wanted to complain about this, but then I looked up the original red troopers, and they look really stupid. My 12 year old mind found them much more interesting/weird than they actually were.

nigger i swear to fucking god youre all fucking retarded. the name praetorian gives away the twist that snoke isnt the real bad guy and luke is. A PRAETOR is someone who comes before, someone who would lead armies for Caesar and conquer lands. snoke is lukes praetor

they work because of the contrast, nearly everything else in the scene where they're first shown is grey, white or black. it's simple but it makes the design striking

>Implying Disney thinks this deep

lol Tron extras

in this case, less is more.

they also dont give a fuck about you if youre not sheev unless youre following his orders to the letter

youtube.com/watch?v=R7fHTh6vwvs

what i don't understand is the point of swords in SW.

Will at least be a gunblade? maybe with lasers?

The what?

one the guards looks to be a woman ?

does Kylo realize he is resting his weight on a laser sword ?

hur turn bren ovf heh ster wer heh i lyk liezabers

they belong in that Flash Gordon pile of shit movie from the '70s.

The ultimate evolution of martial arts

It looks fine you bunch of whiny faggots

King illegal forest to pig wild kill in it a is

Disney had to rehash the OT instead of just making the top 10 EU stories that already existed.

Dark Forces: Soldier For the Empire
Shadows Of The Empire

hell, even a film about Podracing would be cool as fuck.

I don't mind the new design. Senate guards were better, though.

holy shit, never saw this before, please link more OT deleted scenes

Looks also like the guards in Minas Tirith

Guys, I got an idea for the next Star Wars movie. It's gonna be set in the Star Wars universe but it is going to be nothing like Star Wars. In fact it's gonna be completely different. Left will be right, up will be down, water will make things dry and Jar Jar Binks is going to ride around on a Harley Davidson.

>people complaining about star wars being like star wars.

Are you people complete fucking idiots.

>It's gonna be set in the Star Wars universe but it is going to be nothing like Star Wars.
So KOTOR2?

DON MAK FUN OB MY PEW PEW SPACE MOBIES

Looks like some fururistic variation of japanese armors

Pretty lame considering it's Star Wars instead some sci-fi flick without brand

BASED MOOBIE POSTER

KEK. The txapela kills me.

Jesus Christ has Disney learned nothing.

these guys are cool too.

Star Wars isn't completely replicating the OT over and over you absolute simping retard.

Thanks for joining us tonight, Reddit

Is Disney afraid of interesting concept art or something? All the designs in the new movies have been boring.

The shit ton of plates on the arms are what kills the design.

I-Is this real? Holy fuck how fucking dead is Star Wars?

Didn't Star wars get ahead in the first place for showing a future in which designs were gritty and dirty, which distinguished it from Star Trek's plastic and dead aesthetic? The dirty Stormpower uniforms, the incomplete wiring on the Falcon, etc... are all proof of that. It's so weird that they would want to rid SW of that with all these plastic and lifeless designs.

it's all of us

Kylo for fuck's sake, get your shit together. This is the 3rd time this month I have to fix the floor

They were thinking "member the praetorian guards from ROTJ? What if they could fight, what if they had swords made of iron..."
The guards aren't as bad as CGI Snoke which is just an old deformed white dude.

>original design

It's a kukri you retard.

Seriously though, what is with JJ and having RED!!!!!! shit in everything?

The diff helmets match up to the Knights of Ren concept art.
This is them in new armor, but keeping their individual/signature helmet shapes.

What's funny is thats exactly their thought process. Then someone said "ya but we can't make it the exact same so let's just change it slightly." Without ever asking why the fuck would Snoke base his bodyguards design on Sheevs.

What I can't understand is why instead of an upgrade they made them the same, but stupider. Could've just polsihed them, made the helmet look better and given them some better armor pieces.