ITT: Horror movies that you just don't get

What the hell is supposed to be scary about Halloween? It's just a dude in a mask with no special powers. He doesn't even manage to kill a lot of people, be it in the original, or in the reboots, or whatever. Even the jump scares it relies on are pretty much predictabo.

Le Shape

It's a guy who will stalk you and then sneak into your house and kill you. He doesn't need superpowers, and he doesn't need to kill a lot of people.

>It's just a dude in a mask with no special powers
You faggot capeshit millenials are all about MUH POWERS
Fuck off you retard.

>no special powers
>is immortal

>someone makes a good movie, which happens to be a horror, so it must be the scariest thing ever
i mean i get that mainstream horror in 1973 is pretty different, and everyone went to see it , but really is not scary.

He literally cannot kill me unless I'm asleep and even then I would probably wake up and fight him off and live long enough to get to the hospital.

It's super easy to survive knife stabbings.

>best horror music score to date
>cold emotionless eyes
>stalks you in the dark
>no hint of any empathy for his victims
>literally an undead nightmare

are you literally 13?

that scene where he is standing by the bushes in broad daylight is fucking spooky

> It's super easy to survive knife stabbings.
you're a special kind of retard, aren't you?

I agree that the music was good but that's about all.

>>cold emotionless eyes
>>stalks you in the dark
>>no hint of any empathy for his victims
>>literally an undead nightmare
Hundreds of horror movie villains like this. It Follows, in example, was much more scary that Michael Myers even though It basically does the same thing as he does.

>thinks that knives are super deadly weapons that cannot be protected against because of what he sees in Hollywood movies
>calls me a retard/13
Seriously. There are people who got stabbed over 30 times and survived.

>being stabbed to death with a big knife isn't scary
Desensitized

>It's super easy to survive knife stabbings
Yes, when the person stabbing you does so a couple of times then fucks off. The entire point is that he never relents and will always keep going until you're dead. He chased the same girl for 20 years, do you really think he'd stab you in the gut once and leave? Stop being a retard

Actually, he would try to stab me once. After that, I disarm him instantly and lock him down until the police come. What is he gonna do, summon another knife? That manlet (compared to me) stands no chance in a hand to hand fight.

>That manlet (compared to me)
alright now I know you're fucking around, guy is like 6'8

>pocket knives are the same as the big ass butcher's knife Michael carries
fuck outta here you dipshit

good post

>that AVGN Halloween episode that spooked you

This can be a hard concept to understand to someone under the age of 25. Back before the internet, audiences could tolerate not knowing everything. Halloween gave just enough exposition to keep the audience mystified. The actual backstory wasn't as important as what the audience could imagine. Meyers was creepy because the limits of his abilities was unknown. Was Lumus out of his mind or was Meyers real evil incarnate?
I really shouldn't have to say much about current films and the obsessive culture regarding canon/backstory/exposition bullshit. Look at Alien Convenant for a good example.

Threadly reminder that Jason would wreck Michael's shit in a fight.

any of them. I don't understand the point of scaring yourself

Nope, he's only 6'7". I'm 6'10".

Comparing fighting abilities to horror movie characters is like saying one swordsmam would wreck another in a shooting contest. They are horror characters and Michael was and is scarier than Jason.

Jason got whacked in the head with a big knife in part 4 and FUCKING DIED.

Though it only killed him because he fell on it and it impaled his head. He would have survived the hit itself.

That shit would have killed Meyer's too

We got a badass over here

Jason being able to run gives him a huge advantage

>having a survival instinct makes you badass

Wasn't Meyers shot like twenty times and then got up again?

Does Michael have time to disable a paramedic, crush his vocal cords, switch clothes, and then trick Jason into killing him instead?

Myers can run, he just chooses not to because he's autistic.

Dude, he's a 6'8 dude with RETARD STRENGTH. You would be fucked. He's damn near invincible too, you would lose.

>no special powers
>guy can stalk you for decades, no matter where you go
>is 6'8
>and quite literally has retard strength
He's basically near superhuman man. That's his special power.

>brainlets arguing about which horror character would kick whichever other horror character's ass or comparing the shitty unstoppable versions of either character that popped up in later sequels

people like this are the reason both F13 and Halloween went on for way longer than they should have. both should've went as far as their original movie and stopped.

>First movie: shot 6 times, falls from second store, immediately gets up at runs away
>Second movie: burnt alive
>Forth: hit by a car on high speed, immediately shoot down by 5-6 policemen with shotguns, falls into mine
>Fifth and Sixth: basically nothing critical happens to him
>Seventh: stabbed multiple times
>Eight: literally fucking hanged and burned alive again
Just a guy with a knife alright.

Why don't they just incinerate him? Or freeze him in an ice block?

>incinerate him
They blew up a hospital just to do exactly that and he just walked right through it.

The Jump Scares were delayed just enough where they got you. You build up the back-door being open, he peeks out. The shot holds. Any second now? And then he shuts the door. Guess it was nothing, then bang.

It's scary because he doesn't stop. He killed 4 people in one night, why? As far as the first film goes, sheer chance. He's pure Evil. He steals his sisters gravestone and plants it on a bed over a completely different dead woman. Just for Jamie Lee Curtis to find. Then he thinks where she'll stumble and fall in her panic. And then where she'll run to from there. And that's where he waits. The ending is perfection, Myers is still out there. He could even be in the house, he needn't have fled from Lumus and his gun.

Jason and Michael aren't fighters. Anytime they get in a scrap they get stunned and knocked to the floor. They're killers.

if the authorities were involved, why didn't they just capture the guy and look into what gives him his superpowers? He can't die sure, but it doesn't mean he can escape being underground with several hundreds of blocks of concrete.

horror movies do nothing for me because they rely on the main characters acting like retards instead of just shooting the monster

then he was resurrected as an undead killing machine.

They shoot Michael as soon as they're able to.

>tfw you'll never be scared by horror movies like you were when you were a kid again

>freeze
Jason X they tried that

Don't forget Busta Rhymes kung-fu'd him.

Actually Micheal is supposedly a master assassin and will use stealth techniques to capture his prey. Unlike Jason who's just a retard who eat just about anything except for maybe .50 caliber.

Haven't you heard? The new manlet cut-off has been raised to 7'2.

The only time when he's captured was Halloween 2 and H20 (which was a reboot that ignored everything but first two movies) after each movie besides these too he escapes, waits a year or so and strikes only during the next Halloween, so no times for tests, besides, they'd probably conclude that he's just really evil. 6th movie sort of states that this is some kind of druid curse but it is the worst movie in the whole franchise, I wouldn't even acknowledge its existence really.

I theorize that he WAS captured once, and government experiments are what gave him his superpowers, but he was always a fucked up serial killer to begin with.

Is Halloween alongside F13 in that its remake/reboot is actually pretty good?

If you count The Thing as a remake/reboot of The Thing from Another World, then that's a remake/reboot far superior to the original.

and fly

I liked the rob zombie remake.
the fags on this board are too harsh for horror standards.

This is the fly?

this is the blob 1988

Nowadays, everyone realizes there's a chance some psychopath will break into your home and butcher you. In 1978, when children walked home from school by themselves and people left the doors unlocked at night people found that to be a rather alarming possibility. Halloween brought the horror "home" in a new way which is one of the reasons it's so influential.

Where and when was I supposed to be scared?

The entire movie has a great atmosphere, sense of isolation and dread.

Can somebody explain why this was so hyped and praised by everybody, including this board when it came out.

It was the most mediocore piece of 80's fetishsation I've ever seen

I liked the part where the shota was trying to look down her blouse to see her nipples

link to scene

He was supposed to be dead at the end of the second film, and stay dead. But they decided to make a "franchise" built around him and so came up with "lol ressurrection'n'stuff m8" bullshit.

Pretty much the same fate befell on Jason.

I see.

>Watching horror movies to get scared
It's all about the spooky/cozy atmosphere.

No, it's about haunting you in your nightmares.

Everything but the last bullet point describes jaws

>pussy 9 mils

Okay, so what is he gonna do if someone slices him with a katana?

imagine being michael myers

I would rape all the girls before killing them

Like, slice him in half or decapitate him.

Name

That's me, so sorry, I won't tell ya

Show me bobs and vangina, Hayley

LMAO just body slam him. Ask him to do some kindergarten math so his brain shatters LOL

Literally this, Sup Forums is a non capeshit board.

all that backstory they gave him in the new movie is fucking gay , hes just Death , not some faggot edgy kid

>we want the horror movie audience

I don't know why people are giving you shit. If you know krav maga, like I do, performing a takedown on him would be as easy as breathing. Fuck faggot 'scury serial killers'

I just hate it when slashers are mute, because then you have to rely on the other characters and they're just there to die and be exaggerated.

You'd be right, if you survived the first stab. Michael kills people. If you survive the first stab and you're still able to fight, you'll knock him flat. Leslie knocks him out with a coat-hanger and a phone. But chances are, his first stab you won't see coming.

Exactly.

Is that you?

F13 reboot was so bad.

It only loses points for me due to Stoner jokes and apparently Jason is a Pot farmer or something? Everythign else was terrific

You're probably trolling... but what makes him scary is the fact he actually is a 'normal' human.
A werewolf or a vampire might be creepy but their motivations are not mysterious and/or illogical.

With Michael Myers you keep guessing what's 'under the mask' so to say. The whole point of it is for you to speculate, let your mind wander in dark places.

The scariest of all is often the unknown.

Marathoned the whole franchise just a week ago. It was a pretty fun time lads.

Genuine question, how's your love life being that height? Girls into it or nah?

>>Second movie: burnt alive
Don't forget having both his eyes shot out too. They regrew themselves or something.

>You're probably trolling... but what makes him scary is the fact he actually is a 'normal' human.
That's exactly what it makes not scary. If it was just an immortal apparition like It in It Follows that takes a human form, it would be scarier.

It's the only time I actually cared about Jason as a character. He is such a sly fucker in that movie.

This.

Different things make different people scared.

Some sort of at least vague plausibility is needed for many to find a movie "scary". That goes straight out the window the moment you introduce ludicrous nonsense like supernatural BS or fantasy creatures.

6'4+" is too tall, you're looking at being forever lanklet mode so you counter the benefits you'd otherwise get.