STRANGER THINGS S3

I just finished watching Stranger Things S1 and S2 in two days. I am obsessed. What are your opinions on the show? S3 theories? Are there any other shows as good as this?

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2017/10/31/16575414/stranger-things-season-2-duffer-brothers-netflix
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why is he so based, lads?

He's a shapeshifter

He's a superhero.

The show is amazing. Can't remember the last time I had the chills while watching a show.
Steve is the boss. Guy is awesome, don't know what is Nancy seeing in that creep Johnatan.

Mike is best character
Most of the characters are useless

S1 was incredible borderline perfect. S2 they really dropped the ball on what made S1 so good. S2 is not exactly bad except for ep 7 but they went on a very different direction and tone. The Duffers said they want to do 4 seasons and I really hope it ends there.

Yeah S1 was perfect. S2 got bigger, and I think that the S3 will leave Hawkins and focus on the larger picture.

Hes Bob

This, unfortunately. The entire plot line with the other girl with powers served no purpose at all as a plotline in season two except providing a method for expanding the world of the show and leading into no doubt what will be the focus of season 3. Hope you're all ready for a lot more of that boring garbage, because that is no doubt where the show is headed.

Ep7 was very experimental and everyone hated it. The Duffers were either setting up a spinoff or planning to expand the universe with the indian girl. But with such low rating I doubt they're going to give us more of that.

There's no doubt the next season will concern the other test subjects and the larger world even if they decide to scrap everything they have set up with 08, which seems really unlikely.

S1 was good as fuck.

They could just hint at the other test subjects dying with only 08 and 11 surviving. If this shit turns into the xmen its gonna fucking suck.

Hope not, that would really ruin the show.

Anyone else really worried that the next two series will just be about them having to close another portal to the Upside-Down? I'm struggling to see a way they can take this series forward.

Exactly this. It will turn into a Heroes kinda show...

He's the best actor in the show

Literally the only right answer. He did so much for this season.

I was glad when he got killed.

I feel like next season will be about El losing her powers, since she went full god mode at the end of S2 there won't be any dramatic tension when she's with the party, so they either have to write her out most of the season like S2 or have her lost her powers.

Because him and Steve are real super heroes. Real human beans.

S3 = Scooby Doo Boogaloo

Life on the road with the punk vigilantes from episode 7.

>vigilantes
More like straight up criminals

Shit show made by shit Jews.

there are only better shows dumb-o

He was a goonie. He knew the role he needed to play for the kids' sake. My only gripe was how he unrealistically didn't question all the weird shit happening, but at the same time saved a lot of time by not "will someone tell me what the hell is going on here?"

Who are you fooling? Season 3 will do what Reddit tells it to do. the Duffers have zero vision. Remember it was supposed to only be one season.

He was so alpha, what have gone wrong?

When was he ever alpha? He is just Mike’s autistic little friend

But he behaved like alpha there, inviting thots to dance without a second thought and was very confident until uppity bitches made him cry.

meant to reply to

The only thing I can think of in terms of where they can go with character arcs is to show eleven trying to adjust to a normal life. You can bring hop and Mike into that dynamic too. But I don't see how they can go anywhere with any of the other characters save for Steve. He'll be fun to watch it he continues watching over the main cast like a caretaker, younger version of Hopper since he's pretty much found his calling with that role. But even then, you have the question of where to go with the main cast in terms of development. To be fair, I only binged it two days ago myself so maybe there's potential that I'm not seeing. But I don't care about anyone other than Steve, Hopper, and Eleven at this point. Either way, I like the other characters, especially Joyce and also Dustin, enough that I'll watch the third season. They'll inevitably bring back Kali which sucks major dick cuz I hate that actress. But I hope they somehow get rid of Nancy and Jonathan. No idea how that would ever happen but I hope it does.

This right here. Selfless men who put their personal shit aside to get the job done.

S1 = awesome.
S2 = good, but not great, new female character was useless.

>Why was he so based
ftfy

not to be gay, but when will Billy pin me against the wall?

He’s as alpha as the fedora kid who invited the girl to dance from that tv show

S2 ditched the comfy pace and balance of plotlines that the first season had, there are just too many characters now and quite a few are useless and undeveloped

I really hope they narrow the focus for S3 and make it more like the first season

Season 2 was terrible, I couldn't even finish watching this boring mess of a show.

>new female char was useless

She got BLACKED that was her use

he's bob, superhero, and he got the girl

>I just finished watching Stranger Things S1 and S2 in two days
Are you me? I literally just did the exact same thing. Finished season 1 on friday and then season 2 yesterday. I thought it would just be some normie tier reddit show but its actually really good. Season 1 was solid but season 2 felt like they only made it just to keep up with audience demand due to the overwhelming popularity of the first season, still good though but it felt unclear as far as what it wanted to accomplish storywise

>tfw you'll never be pummeled with haymakers to near death by his large many fists

Season 3 will be even worse than season 2
I think at his point we all know the duffers are talentless hacks

Should have been one season only.

They ruin everything.

We got based Steve in S1, based Bob in S2, who will join the team of /ourguys/ in S3?

I miss Barb ;_;

This show is complete subversive trash just like the rest of netflix

I find this reasoning odd and desu I've thought it myself in the past about other things I've watched.

I hate needless exposition but somehow can't fathom suspending my own disbelief that maybe a character asked or was informed off screen.

reddit

THICC

same

The main character of the last game you played comes through the portal with the Demogorgon. What happens?

I feel you. Ironically even though I think s1 is better, s2 gave me more of an obsession with the ST world. I also think they did a lot more with the characters and after a while I've begun to see the good aspects of episode 7 even though I disliked it at first.
S3 will either make it or break it in my opinion. They purposely left us with less cliffhangers this time around so they could pretty much go anywhere in s3 and "anywhere" isn't necessarily somewhere we all might like especially if it involves the numbered kids but we'll see.

I watched like half the first season and for some reason all these bike scenes really pissed me off. Will they stop spamming these fillers?

>I feel like next season will be about El losing her powers
I mean I would like a similar development eventually but since we'll get a one year time skip and her possibly enrolling in high school I guess it'd be more interesting to see how she adapts to a normal life and interacts with society while still having the powers and not without them.

>I told you Max, stay with your own people and stop befriending niggers!

Seriously, Duffer brothers?

Everything but Eight and her gang was pretty fun. Aside from them and a couple of other small details the show does a decent job of feeling authentic to the time, or rather to the movies of the time.

I don't think any season can top the first. The idea of a secret government project in a small town, is much better than it reaching farther than Hawkins.
Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

I'm wondering why Aloy just didn't shoot the Demogorgan.

Cause he's chill as fuck, and nice as fuck. He's a goddamn hero, too.

Brab?

Season 1 is okay and season 2 is meh, any other opinion is objectively wrong

>new female character was useless.
But without her best boy Steve would've been killed.

Season 2 was a shallow retread of season 1.

The Lost Sister Episode is the worst thing ever put on TV.

Dustin is a little shithead for reasons the writer’s didn’t intend.

The actors who play Will, Max and Eleven all can’t act and need lessons before the next season. Mac is a painful over actor, and so is will. Eleven is just awkward and occasionally looks silly when she’s using her psychic powers

So many people smoke in this show that it’s painfully obvious Netflix sad paid to include tobacco products such as Camel on the tv show

>don't know what is Nancy seeing in that creep Johnatan.
anybody else annoyed that the show just completely forgot that he took creepshots of nancy for absolutely no reason?

Bump

Yes, but people are always gonna forgive and forget when it comes to Johnatan but will forever criticize Steve for his behaviour in s1 and talk about his redemption when he was never a bad guy.

him graffitiing the movie theater with “nancy the slut” was pretty shitty tho

at poe's mascarade?

cute

That was his friend although Steve let it happen.

El goblino...la creatura...el monstruo...

S1 was perfect. Half of S2 was filler

if you watch this show and you don’t have a gf to watch it with you’re a fucking creep faggot

>die saving a single mom and chad

l'abomination..

Can't they bring her back somehow? Like a inter-dimensional footprint of her former self or something like that?

I mean, if they want to keep audiences interested, they should explore the possibilities of the Upside Down more. Maybe, because of it being a nearly identical version of our world, there could be demo-doppelgangers of the main cast.

Sounds shitty, but

>Duffers said they want to do 4 seasons and I really hope it ends there.

lmao i guarantee you it wont end there. america loves it's moneymakers and won't let go. especially not in this climate.

Will and Lucas expressions concern me.

The big bad lab is all dead, and not even that bad, with that one scientist being cool
No obvious hook like throwing up the parasite into the sink
Eleven's already powerful as fuck, and everyone knows she's alive
Where do they go from here? The only route I can see is going down the other test subjects, like in that one random episode with the indian girl and the edge crew, and that was fucking awful

I really hope they stick to four seasons because that was their initial plan, but I'm quite sure they'll stretch it to five.

i cant be the only one that knew from the 1st episode that this nigga appeared he was going to die. am i? shit wa too obvious

wow this would be way better without the ginger coalburner and the token black kid

No reason why you couldn't throw Winona in the picture on the left yknow

>The big bad lab is all dead, and not even that bad, with that one scientist being cool
The big bad has always been Brenner, the lab was doing bad things only because of him and he's confirmed to be still alive. Not to mention El spared his henchman's life and he's gonna tell Brenner that Eleven survived too.
They also confirmed that the black smoke that came out of Will is still in our world and that the Mindflayer is specifically targetting Eleven because she shut the door in his face.
Plus they have the demodog in the fridge that Dustin wants to pass as his scientific discovery.
The test subject route isn't the only one they have.

No, they will write in that her overuse of her powers is slowly killing her, forcing her not to use her powers unless she absolutely has to.

Then she will either die saving everyone from cthulu or be forced to find the brown girl from s2e7 to find a way to stop her powers killing her.

You've come up with some good shit.

Its because S1 was so fresh and new. It was a thriller-mystery nostalgia fest with great actors and a great tone. S2 was more of the same. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't nearly as amazing as the first season because of that. Also, it felt like not much happened at all in that season.

>But I’m actually most interested in what happens to the residents of Hawkins, Indiana. I legitimately fell in love with these kids, their friends, and their parents last year. Their archetypal stories were familiar and comforting, but there was some real weight and gravitas there, too. In fact, I’d argue that the most satisfying scene of the second season didn’t have anything to do with psychic powers, alternate dimensions, or dog-monsters at all. It was the school dance, precisely because it eschewed all the mystery and science fiction weirdness in favor of good old-fashioned human stakes: Dustin trying, unsuccessfully, to have charm; Mike and Eleven — and Max and Lucas — having their first awkward dance moments on a crowded gym floor.
>These characters are what make Stranger Things interesting — not nostalgia, not endless period music cues, and not even the mythology of The Upside Down. It’s the people, and I hope future seasons spend a little more time focusing on them, and a little less on reminding us, yet again, that the 1980s were really, really cool.
theverge.com/2017/10/31/16575414/stranger-things-season-2-duffer-brothers-netflix
tfw a website as libshit as the verge actually states some facts for once

>I am obsessed
lol. kill yourself

they confirmed that season 3 will be “smaller and more intimate”

um they're just doing what every other liberal fucking millennial leftist of that nature is basically programmed to do, gushing over this pseudo-pandering product selling them nostalgia over a time they never actually lived in, their entire scope of that era being through a consumerist pop-culture filter, with a fair sprinkling of modern day comfort to pander and make it less alien to their delicate sensibilities

like for example the Max and Lucas bullshit, a redheaded (rarest European hair and complexion) white girl introduced solely for the purpose of getting blacked by the (shockingly token) black kid, or Billy being some crazy evil guy for not wanting his sister hanging out with let alone dating some black kid, in the 80s, in Indiana. The general sense of integration is pretty ridiculous and just screams modern sensibility too, like the great amount non-white extras during the Snow Ball casually intermingling with everyone else during the wide shots was ridiculous and jarring to see.

nevermind how the (jewish) creators jizzed themselves over the prospect of making the little white girl kiss the black kid no less than 3 times when she didn't even want to do it once

MORE BASED FINN

Of course, it's not like Duffers aren't aware most people didn't like episode 7. The imdb score says it all.

I still ship max/eleven and you niggers can't stop me.

You think you can but you can't.

>Mike is best character

How can anyone think this? Mike is the blandest character after Will.

point is, is that the characters are the most compelling aspect, and they should focus on that the most.

Mike is based