Sherlock

Just finished watching this. Some parts were poorly explained but it was a pretty good show overall.

What do you guys think about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QaK6KjaNlPc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A textbook example of the kind of damage a bad fandom can do.

Never seen or engaged in the fandom. Examples?

First season was decent. It felt like they tried to make it "epic" which just ended up making it lame and trite. I've always preferred my Holmes finding missing carbuncles and shit like that rather than having a badly made epic showdown of wits that barely makes any sense and just comes off as being stupid.

Worst miniseries I have ever seen from season 3.
In retrospect I think it's all bad. No "detective" feeling about it at all.
Sherlock just solves everything in his head in the last 5 minutes, the viewer isn't in on the mystery solving at all.
And this Moriarty is hillariously badly written.

The Sherlock fandom is cringeworthy, but don't think they ruined anything.
The writers/producers killed this by making it utter trash.

Its absolute garbage after season two

it's fucking horrible

was it the first episode where someone is tied up in a chair in front of a giant bow and arrow?
they could have just moved around so that they wouldn't be directly in front of the bow and arrow anymore, but instead they helplessly sit there and wait to get saved

this show is full of shit like this, but my roommate likes it so he forced me to watch it while i pretended it wasn't exactly like that copypasta 'dumb people writing smart characters' said it was

why did they kill off moriarty, if they are going to constantly bring him back!
So Sherlock is the smartest guy in the world and cant figure out his sister ISNT BEHIND GLASS!

>Americans make a stupid as fuck modern day Sherlock Holmes series taking place in New York starring an Asian-American female Watson and is more or less just a generic police procedural
>it still ends up being far more enjoyable than Sherlock

Have to agree with you here. Wasn't really any clues that anyone but Sherlock could find.

i wanted more fucking cases and less fucking shitty story shit "OH WOW IT'S SHERCOCK'S SISTER NOW SHE'S THE SMARTEREST!!!"
fuck off take me back to hounds of baskerville

have you tried the first two seasons of Ripper Street?
im not claiming its a show that makes my top 10 all time, but it was mostly enjoyable.
First couple seasons are mostly mystery thats solved in 1 episode, however as it goes on its more season/ series long conflicts that take precedence.
Starts off with a nerdy know it all stiff detective, an alcoholic american doctor who is deputized as is trying the latest techniques of 1890s forensics, and a hardheaded former soldier as the police Sgt.
Obviously all have troubled pasts.
No Jack the Ripper murders tho the show starts off in his shadow, it is reflected, but series starts 1year after the last official Ripper murder.
youtube.com/watch?v=QaK6KjaNlPc

as is tradition

When it came out I thought it was some of the best television ever, loved season one and two especially the standalone episodes.

After it ended I thought it was some of the worst , honestly the Christmas Special was the worst shit I've ever seen, until the finale. I have no idea what happened.

First 2 seasons were decent. After that it disappeared up its own ass due to fandom and with his history probably mainly Moffat. Honestly s3+ was just so bad it was actually comical.

Ripper Street starts off bad tbqh, but grows into its own as time goes on.

>In retrospect I think it's all bad. No "detective" feeling about it at all.
>Sherlock just solves everything in his head in the last 5 minutes, the viewer isn't in on the mystery solving at all.

I don't think this makes it bad, because there are literally millions of detective shows and police procedurals, I think Sherlock stood out because it felt different. I'm not saying it's a plus but it was really good even the way it was.

>After that it disappeared up its own ass due to fandom and with his history probably mainly Moffat.
Yes, this is it probably

>Ripper Street starts off bad tbqh, but grows into its own as time goes on.

i'd already watched the whole series so forgot that.
many series i liked were tedious the first episode or 2.(unless you don't like most of 1st season)
But it was another tv show about London Detectives solving crimes mostly through their moments of brilliance and they can all be assholes at time. Similar to Sherlock. plus its a period piece

Mainly bad cus of the acting I think. Just feels very stilted to start with, not legit. Doesn't feel like a proper series. Once they get comfier it becomes more natural to me. Not seen it in a while but if I remember right that's what I thought.

maybe you mean Whitechappel. But I haven't seen that...
A detective series I really liked was Endeavour. Season one and two were really enjoyable and comfy.But again season three was mediocre just like Sherlock, and I'm afraid season four will be awful, like Sherlock.

>mfw Season 4

Whitechapel went so weird with season 4. It was legitimately one of the creepiest things I'd ever watched. I don't spook easy, but whitechapel S4 was creepiness dialled up to 10.

Smug, pretentious crap.

terrible

Sherlock is hardly relatable so I thought it sucked.