He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited...

> He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups. Everything he does on the screen is therapeutic.

Other urls found in this thread:

dangerousminds.net/comments/orson_welles_hated_woody_allen
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How is being timid arrogant?
PLz explin to brainlet.

It doesn't really make much sense

who cares when it's re-purposed pasta?
OP is a retarded shitposter and that's all there is to know.

Orson Welles talking about Woody Allen.

This quote assumes that timid people act timid due to guilt over committed sins. Non-arrogant people would simply stop doing bad things and continue living their lives, but the timid seem to think that self-depracation and avoiding attention are fitting atonements for their crimes. Quote is originally about Woody Allen btw.

louis CK thread? His show Louie was absolute kino and one of the best shows of all time (easily top 5) and is arguably the greatest stand up act of the last 5 years. What has happened to him is completely unfair, the lying whores who did this to him should be hanged

Didn't know Woody Allen was such a dumbass. Thanks for clearing that up.

How much of a primitive person do you have to be to come up with something like that?

By the way this is Orson Welles talking about Woody Allen newfags.

>Orson Welles talking about Woody Allen.

dangerousminds.net/comments/orson_welles_hated_woody_allen

>See, I believe that it is not true that different races and nations are alike. I’m profoundly convinced that that’s a total lie. I think people are different. Sardinians, for example, have stubby little fingers. Bosnians have short necks.

>Henry Jaglom: Orson, that’s ridiculous.

>Orson Welles: Measure them. Measure them!

wow, he would love Sup Forums.

desu, you could just apply this to all modern urban wester jews.

This is Orson Wells talking about Woody Allen, right? Why's he got such a hate boner

Idk, primitive enough to make the most influential movie of all time I guess

I would argue that shy people's self-worth is higher than their perceived worth in any social gathering, and that's why they avoid attention.

>shy soyboys detected
>guilt over committed sins
You're retarded.

If only being a good director would translate to not being a narcissistic asshole. But I guess that's asking to much.
You know what's the worst part of it?
That ducking hypocrite would go on about how Citizen Kane was supposed to show what a scumbag a person like Kane is. Well, he is just the same. Perfect casting.

Welles was a narcissistic asshole? I mean, nothing in the OP's quote suggests that.

>>Bosnians have short necks
>tfw Bosnian and have a long neck

I think youre just mad because Wells criticism is so accurate that you personally feel attacked because it applies to you so well.

Welles is the author of the quote you fucking idiot.

I realize that. And nothing about that quote suggests that he's a narcissist. In fact, he's right.

You are a psychologist almost as insightful as Wells himself.

He is arrogant. Like all people with narcissistic personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks confidently and thrives in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts assured, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his best to get attention, in order to free himself from his hang-ups. Everything he does on the screen is therapeutic.

Your mom fucked an ET, Bosnian user.

When is he going to do his redemption arc

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to be honest

wtf stop talking about me

Welles BTFO

>lying whores
But he admitted to it.

I don't think he was ripping on quiet/timid people in general, but rather those who think their expressed unhappiness makes them more intelligent and perceptive than others. Louis CK isn't a bad comedian, but I cringe every time he talks about politics

He'll be back soon, if Mel can become a household name, RDJ can become the world's most iconic movie character actor, and Weinstein can check himself into "anger management rehab" for two weeks, a couple of women who are angry about their own decision to stay and watch him jerk off won't phooey the Louie

But it's a quote by orson Welles about woody Allen

There's a phenomenon of insecure narcissists. This is what Orson Welles was talking about. They have deep insecurities, but also have an exagerated view of themselves.

This applies to a lot of comedians, like Chaplin, Louis CK, and Woody Allen.

Elliot Rodger was an extreme example of this.

Literally professional jealousy. Allen was considered a great director who pursued his own vision and placed himself into his movies frequently. The parallels between him and Welles were inevitable. But Welles hated the idea of being juxtaposed to a man who constantly plays neurotic characters, because his own self-inserts were usually heroic figures and it bothered him that his heroes were not as successful as what he would have called a soyboy if he had the term

>Elliot Rodger was an extreme example of this.

Things don't bode well for Sup Forums.

... Which in turn makes him even more pathetic and insecure, whining over another man's demeanor.
Literally pitiful.

It's compensatory, theirs is not true confidence. The same applies to Welles, see above

Didn't know I was such a dumb ass. Thanks for clearing that up.

You don't sound like a very pleasant person, user.