Gimme a quick rundown on this Sup Forums is it worth watching?

Gimme a quick rundown on this Sup Forums is it worth watching?

yeah but just don't go in expecting a Alien caliber movie. better than 3 and 4 and Prometheus though

it's good but it sucks

also watch prometheus first, this is a direct sequel

Excrement in movie form. Prepare yourself for a retard movie.

yes, worth to watch it but don't expect a perfect movie, there many stupid things there but it is still good enough

if based on the assembly cut of alien 3, i have to disagree on that, but it's still better that resurrection, prometheus and certainly the avp shite

Not good. Just don't bother.

prometheus was more of an alien movie than this. they basically took every criticism they got for that film and somehow made covenant worse.

avoid if you have an iota of taste

I thought it was pretty solid, but it's not really much of an alien movie and super predictable.
I think whether you care for it or not depends entirely on if you like ---------David----------, it's 100% their movie, everything else is just side content and fairly unimportant.

it would be if they had added a laugh track

What's next for Alien anyways?
Are they ever going to continue on from Resurrection?

But there weren't any aliens in Prometheus

the film literally starts with an ayylmao being coerced into committing suicide

It's meh, instead of exploring the engineer universe it's the same old boring shit, except it's not good.

Alien 5 may or may not be coming in a couple of years, with Neil Blomkamp on to direct. It'll apparently ignore Alien 3 and Resurrection and be a direct sequel to Aliens.

This is Prometheus done right, every philosophical theme is applied well and the horror is ten times better than the other shitfest movie.

well its obvious dabid is going to impregnate an android or himself so that the xenos become the perfect combination of both species. i'd say his story is over

Did you finish the film?

And it sets up the origins of the Xenos much better than covenant could have ever done.

It made the impossible. It made Prometheus plot looking good.

Ripley has a daughter lets roll with that.

Worse than Prometheus desu
At least that had some potential going into it and made you want to know more
Covenant is dreadfully boring for the first 40 minutes, then David pops in and it becomes pretty okay for half an hour or so, but then the rest of the movie becomes dreadfully predictable and boring as shit as a crew that's impossible to care about fights for their life while David just struts around completely uncontested.

Walter is fantastic.

Watch the fanedit that mashes Prometheus and Alien: Covenant together

Hated at the cinema on first watch

However rewatching it again I now consider it a sci fi masterpiece

I'm sorry Ridley Scott for mocking you.

This and Prometheus are Kino

Ridiculous. You clearly lack it yourself. Kys.

Very good. Not as great as the original Alien but still better then all others.

I mean't aliens from the previous movies

The next film is gonna be entirely about David and androids, will be mostly or entirely devoid of xenomorphs.
The closest we'll ever get to a direct sequel is Alien Isolation.

If you like any of the previous movies, do not watch this. Even if you like Prometheus, do not watch this shit.

Nah, Scott has said that he plans to close off the prequel shit with the next one and the making of the Alien Queen but will still leave it open for a sequel entirely about David.

It's a bunch of people you don't care about talking about stuff in dark rooms and then there's some "horror" and some "action"

It's an Alien movie with a Xenomorph and a robot serial killer. If that's something you'd like to watch, watch it.

everyone gets tricked by fassbender again

The xenomorph scenes are so unbelievably tacked on it's incredible. You can see how much Ridley doesn't want to make Alien movies.

True, that said the Chestbursting was beautiful.
All that steam? Gorgeous.

Do I have to watch Prometheus first?

Yes.
You should be asking if you really have to watch Covenant afterwards though. The anwser to that question being a resounding "No".

>liking covenant

uninstall yourself friendo

It is a sequel, but I think everything relevant to the plot is explained at some point.

Watch the fanedit

TAKE ME HOME COUNTRY ROADS