I'm not a brainwashed mutt, so I hadn't seen Star Wars until I was 20 and so I finally watched the original trilogy...

I'm not a brainwashed mutt, so I hadn't seen Star Wars until I was 20 and so I finally watched the original trilogy... And it was painfully mediocre. I imagine the films that followed are even more vacant and shallow than every previous ones.
Why are Shartburgers so obsessed with this garbage? I can picture a little child under 12 liking this shit, but majority of the demographic is grown fucking men. Don't you understand that by supporting Star Wars you're killing cinema as an art form?

You are so cool and different user! o_O

>thinking 20 is old enough to think freely

Here's your reply, kiddo

American Graffiti was the superior Lucas blockbuster

Name ONE better film than Star Wars OT. That's right, you can't.

Lucas's REAL masterpieces

Is it hard being such an independent thinker that you don't fit in anywhere?

They are just movies made to sell videogames

Why didn't American Graffiti show what happened to the girls after the movie if it did for the guys? The girls were important characters as well. It was a great movie until that last second where it turned all sexist for no reason.

Literal trash. There's a reason Star Wars is infinitely more popular.

Are you actually braindead? The movies themselves make way more money than any of the games released do. How can you be this stupid it's not difficult to understand sales figures.

fuck you

>Calling THX 1138 trash

Are you 10 or just stupid?

take in the context of when the film came out.

It's terrible and the only people who like it are contrarians trying to shit on star wars.

>killing cinema as an art form

Dude it’s because of starwars we have shit like ILM. Starwars has done more good than bad for film. Lucas helped pioneer the vfx industry.

I absolutely love the porgs. It's dumb that they haven't gotten a single performance on screen yet and fans are not giving them a chance. There's nothing wrong with having something cute in Star Wars! Look at the Ewoks, they helped in the destruction of the Empire and were cute as hell! Watch The Last Jedi first, THEN give your true critique on the Porgs. We haven't even seen them in a movie yet, so you're just judging a book by its cover.

I was 17 or 18 too when I first watched the original trilogy and I think it mostly holds up. It has imaginative visuals, world that feels genuinely lived in, simple but functional characters and great production values. They're good movies.

Absolutely!
THX 1138 was boring as hell.
Yeah, it was okay considering it was just a film school project, but that's it.

The last time I unironically enjoyed anything related to Star Wars was Battlefront 2 when I was a teenager.

It just isn’t the same now.

because americans are the most pathetic race to ever walk this earth user. we deserve every last 56% meme

Fuck you. They’re the most shameless and obvious cash-in to sell toys. The fact that they’re getting shoehorned into the universe this late in the fucking game just proves that fact.

I might actually be replying to a shill post.

>you're killing cinema as an art form

Name 5 movies you believe are worthy of that "art form" label.
And throw in maybe a few lines about why you think the storytelling in Star Wars isn't important in a way that transcends fleeting concepts of "art" in the modern age.

If you can't understand human communication at it's most distilled and elemental, how can your ever hope to understand what constitutes "art"?

How much better would Justice League have looked with ILM effects?

Star wars is trash, and marks a huge setback in the Sci Fi genre. It's the reason there's so many shit films since which are just action films in space or with scifi guns. Ruined scifi as a genre. Star wars is the true test of plebs.

it was good back in its time because there were basicaly no competition.
it suffers the same fate like classical music.

geeky shit became popular, so everybody started "liking" geek shit, if you want to fit in with more people you have to pick safe shit to be a fan of, so you are not being made fun of for liking something wrong, Star Wars was that shit.

tl;dr sheep trying to fit in with other sheep like we do here too