youtube.com/user/Tromamovies
youtube.com/watch?v=ETWwKnlvh4A
youtube.com/watch?v=Ydk8OkN8frc
youtube.com/watch?v=K40IToeN51Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>we proved it in tests

>tfw too intelligent for good movies

>SMART PEOPEL ACTUALLY ACT DUMB ALL THE TIEM STUDY SHOWS

I think they ironically enjoying trash films, like how Sup Forums "praises" TDKR, also isolated studies don't prove anything

i can attest to this

t. 158iq

>shitty movies are tanking in the box office
>tell people that only stupid people like good movies
>continue making shitty movies

>implying smart people pay to see movies

OP, my love for Blood Feast and Corpse Grinders must mean that I'm a fucking genius!!!FACT!!!

>duhhhhhh seeee maai subaheewo mobie is tuuee SMART hahaaha!

In all seriousness, the reason for this is the same reason for why nonsense in comedy styles appeal to people that are more intelligent, enjoyment of irony and use of sarcasm is also linked to intelligence, etc.

All those things involve the breaking of rules. Bad films break the rules of what movies should be like, by making the most pathetic mistakes possible. In order to enjoy something that breaks the rules for comedic purpose one must first KNOW the rules. Knowing patterns, understanding concepts, etc are all symptons of intelligence.

Don't confuse intelligence with taste or whatever patrician/fedora shit you might be thinking of.

well thats why average middle of the road movies are actually the worst

>TDKR
>trash

the first 5 minutes redeem it

muh faborite mobie is Июльcкий дoждь (1967)

Why some snob faggots think that enjoying some capeshit or other light stuff just for the visuals means that you never watch better films?

>new study proves smarter people dont have jobs and sleep until noon ever day

according to this, i'm the smartest man on the planet. h-how do i get paid for that...?

>Citing The Independent as a credible news source

It's pretty much buzzfeed level of shitty 'journalism'

There's a difference between common trash and the "high trash" of a niche cult movie. Followers of cult movies like The Room or Troll 2 are equated with outsider popular culture, which suggests that they aspire to seek things beyond simply what is placed in front of them, which is obviously linked with intelligence. It's not that the film is any more intelligent but the means to reach it takes a greater cognitive process. It's like if someone knows how to taste a good wine. Wine isn't intrinsically linked with intelligence, but the fact that they developed the skill-set to discern what is quality wine suggests that they are not merely a wino. In this analogy, The Room is quality wine.

>kino meme is real
APOLOGIZE

I wanna rub my jewy nose all over her pretty little face while i sniff so hard she will have to suck her eyes balls back into its sockets while i plunge my hairy circunsized mishapen large cock into her brand new barely used vag i will break her hymen so hard its shreds will pierce through her lungs she will puke blood and i will suck it and drink it while i hump her spazzing tiny body until i spray my inbred poisonous seed into the wounds i made inside her.

You're right, but you'll only get memed for it.

>dumb people watch movies to feel smart
>smart people watch movies to turn their brains off

Makes sense.
What are some good trash movies?

youtube.com/user/Tromamovies

>The Room
>trash film

>study shows that allowing blacks to fuck your wife makes your wife's son stronger

Holy shit a good post

>cuckoldry is the thinking man's fetish

I don't know about intelligence, but I hate 99% of movies so I'd rather watch a bad one and make fun of it and at least enjoy it that way.

So Sup Forums is the most intelligent board on Sup Forums?

why don't they prove that intelligent people actually don't spend half their life watching fucking movies for once? I feel like the consumption of mass media is linked to being dumb as fuck at this point. your clothes consisting of graphic t-shirts, your room being filled with dvds, games, and toys and your life consisting of conversations about "muh company wars" and "this movie is so dumb but it's deep, I swear" only shows that people nowadays have nothing better to do with their lives

if they had linked reading comics (because you know, reading etc) to high intelligence, I would believe it. enjoyment of trash films on the other hand just signals that you don't value your life enough to be doing something valuable with it

>capeshit
>good visuals

>study shows weed makes you smarter

>pretends he doesn't Wojakpost

yeah summer gets longer every year and it feels like at this point the site has just become r/Sup Forums with everyone trying to be in "le funny screencap"

WUBADUBADUB

PICKLERIIICK

I am glad you fellow enlightened 200+ IQ men too love to watch trash films for their subtle irony.

What do they mean by trash films? B movies or something else?

I WACHT CAPEKEENO SO I SMAIRT

>The Room
>trash

I sometimes watch a bad film because it's a good exercise (aspiring screenwriter here). If you only watch "good" films, you start taking the craft for granted. Bad films make me think about these again. Take the infamous flower shop scene from The Room.
>Why is it bad?
It's a quick scene (30 seconds) with nonsensical dialogue that seems to be out of order and adds nothing to the plot
>What did it try to accomplish?
Establish Johnny as a great guy who is loved by the people and who likes animals
>How could this be improved?
Johnny sees a beat-up stray dog on the street and decides to take it home. Later, when all the drama is happening, he opens up to the dog because he can relate to him/her on some level.

>EVERY TEEM I WATCH SUPE HEERO MOVEE I GET ONE POINT OF INTELENCE QUOTATION

there is a difference between bad movies that are released constantly and BAD movies like The Room you brainlet.

>TEH DIFFERENCE IS ONE IS KOENKO MAKEGN LODS A MONEY

Transformers the Last Knight in 4K

I wonder ***who*** conducted those tests

I asked for good trash, not complete shit

>study finds The Room's fans are super smart
>be sure to check out the Disaster Artist starring James Franco
>you smartie you
Good to see The Room has gone the way of the Szechuan sauce.

DIS HAHA NUTHAN RONG WIT WATCHAN DA CABE GINOS!

i new me smard

I'm positive the conductors of this list consider Marvel movies to be among the good movies.

>Trash movies for plebs
>Marlel capeshit for plebs who believe they're intelligent
>Snyder for patriacians.

>brand new barely used vag
...bruh

I Like xploshoiuns

I think there's also the factor of enjoyment other than in a comedic, ironic or "so-bad-its-good" fashion, but rather the recognition of promise and ideas. You may pick out an actually interesting or promising concept they were going for but could not fully realize with their skills or means, or (failed) attempts at new, unique things. There's a legitimate feelgood enjoyment there, not just laughter, when you see people try to create something unique.

I enjoy undercover brother. Does that mean I have big brains?

Nobody watches capeshit for the visuals. These movies get pumped out so quickly that often times the CGI is quite poor for the amount of money spent on production. Just look at Spider-Man: Homecoming.

this looks awesome

a babip movies a babip

ameridumb study
nothing to say more

This one is fucking fantastic.

Marvel wins again!

What is the trash movie they are talking about

your favorite film

>Don't confuse intelligence with taste or whatever patrician/fedora shit you might be thinking of.

Intelligence is a normal human feature. Lack of it is the problem. You don't need to be some kind of genius or special snowflake to show intelligence. It doesn't make you any special, especially out of context.

It's just that the average redneck american viewer of network tv shows wouldn't appreciate something that's heavily based on meta-language, breaking and subverting rules and tropes, references etc. Watching something like Rick and Morty doesn't mean you're some genius, but yes, the average american would not be able to appreciate a series like that. Why is that so hard to understand?

Uh, sure thing buddy.

start a film essay channel on youtube

wdhmbt

Sup Forums is trash and i enjoy it, is my intelligence high?

Contrarian. High IQ people fear people don't know about it so they watch shitty movies and wait to be asked

>MARBLE MOOBIES FUH BIG BOIS LYK MEH

Rick and Morty is lowest common denominator entertainment, sorry bud

Makes sense. They see movies for what they are, entertainment, and prefer them as a slight distraction from their real work.
I bet they also watch very few movies in a year due to being busy and therefore prefer to watch simple, entertaining ones when they do, instead of overwrought pseudo-intellectual dramas.
Only brainlets think passively drooling for hours at a screen showing their favorite "kino" makes them intelligent.

>only 158iq
LMAO what a fucking brainlet

He killed his own daughter user

It's true. I act like an idiot all the time but inside I'm probably the deepest thinker in my family. My sister on the other hand went to college, has a boyfriend who is boring af and has a 3 story house. Her favourite show is TBBT and her favourite film is Legally blonde.

>the average american would not be able to appreciate a series like that.

>big kids r making fun of my cabekino

To the guy who keeps making these slojak memes: What movies should we be watching? Since you’re such a deep thinker after all
>watch as he doesn’t reply

>study finds
aka some 19 year old college cunt

visuals are the only good thing about Snyder's movies

mom always sed i was jugs ags smart as de other kibz

An appreciation of irony is a mark of high intelligence.

I guess this is what happens when you live your life thinking watching smart kino makes you smart.

Meanwhile actual smart people don't need to prove their intelligence through the entertainment they watch. They let their education, Occupation and accomplishments speak for themselves.

The smartest guy I know watches shitty horror films all the time and he gives great comedic commentary while watching said shit films which makes the whole experience enjoyable for the rest of us as well.

>aha big bwainy tel me wut moobi is beter dan capgino

Yes, I can confirm this.

>t.DChad with an IQ of 144

If you want to test if you're smart try watching one of these in full and see if you find them funny.

youtube.com/watch?v=ETWwKnlvh4A
youtube.com/watch?v=Ydk8OkN8frc

Just saw this movie

And its actually pretty good. Audio Book is better tho. Greg has the best Tommy impersonation.

youtube.com/watch?v=K40IToeN51Y

>tfw smart enuf for dum films

I LIEK DE SHOOTTY PEW POEW MOBIES

STUU- STUUDEE SHOWW I AM SMARTAR CUZ CAPKINOO

Is this the Shakespeare meme where smart (((people))) like a thing because it plays to the front and back of the audience?

Pitiful

I've thought this too. Mass media does nothing to nourish the mind. People would benefit from reading and taking up a creative hobby. Not that I'm practicing that. Last book I read and finished was 2 months ago.

You forgot pic, user

momy?

>DUDE STUDY FINDS COOKIE CUTTER IRONIC HIPSTER NUMALES ARE SMARTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE, HEH LOOKS LIKE CLINTON SHOULD HAVE WON AFTER ALL.
episode #9058

>trying hard to fit in on a Bhutanese Badminton board so you don't come off as an autistic neckbeard from a shitposting circle jerk forum

I like watching funnybad movies and I didn't vote Clinton.

smart people think alike, me an frens defend capekino from brainlet supervillain!

>tfw